TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

Smackdown and ECW Spoilers for June 10TH AND 13TH 2008

From Meltzer:

Notes from the show last night in Fresno for ECW on Tuesday and Smackdown on Friday

Dark match

Jimmy Wang Yang & Shannon Moore b Jason Styles & Brian Cage

ECW for Tuesday night

Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne (Matt Sydal with a new name) b Mike Knox & Shelton Benjamin when Bourne pinned Knox after a missile dropkick

Victoria b Kelly Kelly - She was injured taking a bump outside the ring. No update on her condition

Fit Finlay b Armando Estrada

Colin Delaney b Estrada (same situation as last week)

Hornswoggle b Estrada

Delaney celebrated with Hornswoggle and Finlay but Finlay turned on Delaney and hit him with the shillelagh

Mark Henry did a promo and Big Show came out. Henry predicted Show would win the title. Kane and Show ended up having a face-off

The Miz & John Morrison b Kane & C.M. Punk in the tag title match when Morrison pinned Punk with his neckbreaker

Smackdown for Friday

MVP interviewed Rey Mysterio, who said he would be back soon. MVP started insulting Mexicans for easy heat

Vickie Guerrero came out and had two new stipulations for Batista. To get a title shot, he had to beat Khali, and if he lost to Khali, he would have to retire.

Morrison b Finlay

Mark Henry promo building up a program with Show

Edge was doing a promo with Vickie Guerrero. Punk came out and hinted cashing in the Money in the Bank match on 7/11 after the wedding

Henry b Tommy Dreamer in a squash

Edge & Vickie were planning the wedding when MVP wanted to renegotiate. She said if MVP did them a favor, she'd consider it. The favor is to get rid of Punk.

Cherry b Maryse with a DDT

MVP b Punk via DQ. Long match. Punk did a running knee with the briefcase to MVP's head for the DQ

Chavo Guerrero is apparently facing Matt Hardy for the U.S. title at Night of Champions

Hardy b Chuck Palumbo

Chavo did the ring announcing predicting he'd win the title

Jesse & Festus b Deuce & Domino. Deuce & Domino turned on each other after the match

Batista b Khali with a spear so he gets the title shot

Dark match

Batista b Edge & Khali by pinning Edge after a Batista bomb

Why the fuck would they change his name after already referring to him as Matt Sydal and refrencing his work around the globe?

I imagine it's some sort of copyright/trademark thing with Sydal.

I don't even know what's going on anymore. Finlay turns on Colin, Deuce and Domino break up a couple weeks after introducing Maryse, Khali is a heel this show after playing face last week, and they seem to be developing a schism between MVP and La Familia and a possible turn out of that, but MVP continues to play a straight heel regardless, rather than scaling back at least a little (although that is what I'd like to see more often, rather than changing someone's character or what made them likable in the first place).

Hey Jason Styles and Brian Cage got try outs. Good for them. They're both bay area natives. I've worked with Cage a ton of times while I've only worked on the same show of Styles twice, both nice guys.

Hey Jason Styles and Brian Cage got try outs. Good for them. They're both bay area natives. I've worked with Cage a ton of times while I've only worked on the same show of Styles twice, both nice guys.

I believe I read elsewhere that Styles was injured during the match.

I really don't mind the name chance for Matt Sydal. Hell at least it means they think enough of him that they want to own the trademark. Evan Bourne isn't that bad of a name, though I was hoping to here Adamle make a play with Matt's name and his moveset calling him Sui-Sydal...

What's the point of having Punk team with Kane to job out to the tag team champions? We already had this match at Judgment Day. I understand they have to elevate the champions and keep them strong, but Punk and Kane are MITB winner and ECW champion respectively., and you risk hurting them too. Punk especially needs to be kept strong as he hasn't won much lately and has a title shot.

I know this has been said before, but it's true. I don't know what WWE bookers are thinking.

It took a few posts but someone finally complained about Punk doing a job in a tag match. We say this every week but Punk isn't losing a damn thing by losing to the tag champs. The same champs whom are probably the strongest booked tag team in years.