TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blade2kxx

TNA SLAMMIVERSARY 2008

Damn, I never noticed how pimply Dutt's upper body is. Also, this angle has already started on the wrongest of wrong foots. Not to say there's no hope for it, but...yeah, it's not looking good.

Yeah, it should've been simple. Dutt should've went on a rampage. He should of took out Lethal, than took out all the legends, and than boom you have instant heel heat...But this is TNA.

Ya know, I'd actually maybe not mind seeing an Awesome Kong vs. Eric Young feud. Eric's over enough that it would have heat, but wimpy enough that nobody would disbelieve Kong beating the shit out of him.

Moose Knuckles? Moose Knuckles?! Jesus Fuckpuppies Christ. I guess that was Russo's plan B if they shot down Camel Toe? I understand they have to change the name (well, actually I don't, considering that this isn't the WWE with their guaranteed contracts and full-time schedule and most of these people are still forced to work the indies to make their living and so it's just sadistic to not let them use their own names), but I don't know if you could try to make a worse name than Moose Knuckles. What the hell is TNA's problem with coming up with decent new names? I mean, Brother Runt, "The Punisher" Andrew Martin, Sinshe, Roxxi L'aueveiaough, the five million crappy names of Billy Gunn, god they're terrible at it.

How did the women's match go down, exactly? Meltzer's report is pretty vague. I'm wondering why 1.Mickie gets beaten in her very first match, and 2.why the focus of the BP feud seems to have randomly been shifted from Roxxi, who has yet to get the tiniest bit of revenge, to ODB who seems able to squash them every time.

We bought the show, and then when we saw the video package, we realised this was a horrible idea.

So we cancelled our order, but they haven't shut off the show yet

How did they "kill" Tomko's character?

He went from not giving a fuck about, Kurt, Aj, Christian, Karen or any of that bullshit. He was just going out and destroying people. Than they turned him heel, and made him part of the Angle Alliance, and now he's just your typical henchman type heel, that is used as a steeping stone for the face, to get to the bigger heel.

I liked that they didn't have Joe qualified and had him scrambling around saving himself.

They weren't gonna be able to have the highspots without Styles in there, but they took advantage of the "controlled chaos" aspect as best they could.

Would have been a lot more dramatic if I didn't put it at about 99.99% that Joe was winning.

This is why they shouldn't have had the X guys do all the cool shit on impact. Watching that match and this match, I'm sure most would agree the Impact KOTM was miles better. This show was better than I expected, wish Storm had a spot on the card, but hey. I liked the Angle/Styles match, more than anything on the ppv tonight, I think Styles came out looking awesome, Kurt was good too, not a MOTYC but still a cool match.

Christian was that time. It ended his first and floundering face run with the belt.

IIRC Truth would have been champ the first time JJ won, Styles was champ when Raven won, Christian when Jarrett won again, and vacant last year when Angle won.

It's kind of cheating since there wasn't a champion who COULD have won the match last year.

I guess it's a safe bet too say that tonight started the road to BFG, which will lead to Styles/Joe for the title.

Nah, they'll have a match on Impact in a week or two.

Don't give them any ideas. I might have read to much in to it, but it seems like they are building to that showdown.

I think they're doing Joe/Sting for BFG, it seems like they're building up a Sting retirement angle similar to what WWE did with Flair.

Sting has been in the last 2 title matches at BFG, it'd be a mistake to go that route again. I think if they do a "Flair retirement" angle with Sting, the only guy who can play HBK in the company is Christian, maybe Angle. But they've already did Angle/Sting at BFG, so that wouldn't work. Plus, I'm sure they'll find away to make Angle/JJ the co mainevent to Styles/Joe this year.

Sounds like a typical TNA show, the matches we're good, the segments we're bad.

I'll try and check the PPV out.

SOUTHAVEN, MS (WMC-TV) - A crew member with the TNA Wrestling promotion was killed Sunday night in an accident at the DeSoto Civic Center.

The accident happened Sunday night around 11pm, shortly after a televised wrestling event had concluded. Officials said a group of men was working to break down a metal backdrop, which was about 15 to 20 feet off the ground, when a scaffolding collapsed.

A TNA Wrestling crew member, who was on top of the scaffolding at the time, fell and hit the concrete. He was rushed to Baptist DeSoto hospital in Southaven, where he later died.

Another worker with a local group, Crew 1, lost his thumb in the accident. He was taken to The MED, where he is expected to recover.

Authorities have not yet released the names of either of the men.

Video of the above report, which has just a little more detail, can be viewed here: http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=8450110