TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blade2kxx

TNA SLAMMIVERSARY 2008

That's awful. I wonder who will be at fault.

As if the health care for the wrestlers wasn't bad enough (*cough cough* Doctor who gave Chris Candido a fatal staph infection with a dirty scalpel *cough cough*).

TNA needs better safety.

Did you seriously just blame TNA for a botched surgeory?

Seriously?

That wasn't a doctor hired by TNA? I'm not saying TNA wanted to kill Candido, but I read in the past about wrestlers not getting good health care in TNA which is why Kid Kash left. TNA wouldn't pay for the surgeries for his injuries.

I'm now picturing you thinking that they handed a guy 20 bucks with a hacksaw to take care of the problem.

He went to a hospital, had ankle surgery, it got infected and he died. It happens. That's why even the most basic surgeory is still dangerous.

As far as TNA's health care...it's about what they'll pay for and won't thats the problem...they don't have any say in choosing doctors and who does surgeory.

Did you seriously just blame TNA for a botched surgeory?

Seriously?

That wasn't a doctor hired by TNA? I'm not saying TNA wanted to kill Candido, but I read in the past about wrestlers not getting good health care in TNA which is why Kid Kash left. TNA wouldn't pay for the surgeries for his injuries.

Jesus christ, I think I've heard it all now from this board that~~~~ TNA IS EVIL. TNA more than likely didnt HIRE a specific doctor for Candido, in fact I can almost say for certain that didn't happen, doctors aren't "hired" by fucking wrestling companies, more less the doctors are just at the discretion of the workers and/or the specific locations they need to have the work done at, dependant on where the injury occured.

And a company with shitty health care is COMPLETELY different than a person getting a botched surgery at a hospital. In fact they are nothing like one of the same whatsoever. I thought anyone with common sense could figure that out. If a company has shitty health care, it just means they wont pay for most of any work, it doesnt mean that they farm out shitty inexperienced doctors to do the work because its cheaper for them.

Anyway.....

I'll post some more in depth thoughts later when my net gets up and running again at home (it pooped out midway through the ppv on Sunday) but I thought the last two matches and the opener were very strong, and the rest was alright, paced well though. In particular, I thought Roode, Christian, and Booker T stood out and got over well in KOTM, and I didnt expect that particular attention being done to put over others in that match other than Joe. Previous year KOTM matches havent seen that occur as much. Angle/Styles was pretty nuts considering Angle's neck condition.

I can't believe they're seriously calling Mickie 'Moose Knuckles'. That's either the worst thing ever or the greatest, I'm still undecided.

They didn't call her Moose Knuckles, just Moose. And at least they explained the name change on the PPV, unlike WWE that just changes Matt Sydal's (sp?) name to Evan Bourne.

"Evan Bourne" hasn't been on tv yet.

Yes, he was. He debuted last week on ECW as Matt Sydal, against, I believe, Benjamin?

And then this week he apparently re-debuted as Evan Bourne without any acknowedgment of such prior name.

"Evan Bourne" hasn't been on tv yet.

Yes, he was. He debuted last week on ECW as Matt Sydal, against, I believe, Benjamin?

And then this week he apparently re-debuted as Evan Bourne without any acknowedgment of such prior name.

That was Matt Sydal, "Evan Bourne" didn't debut until last night. I made that post. about 3 hours prior to the show last night. The point I was making was that we didn't know if WWE would explain why they changed his name, and they didn't. CD was going off spoilers and just assumed they didn't explain why they changed Sydall's name, at the time we didn't know if they explained it or not.