TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

*ECW & Smackdown Spoilers for 6/17 & 6/20*

411:

ECW On Sci-Fi results from San Jose, CA. This episode will air on 6/17.

*Hornswoggle over Armando Estrada.

*Evan Bourne over Matt Striker by shooting star.

*Kofi Kingston over Mike Knox by DQ after Shelton Benjamin's interference.

*Backstage segment with Teddy Long granting Hornswoggle and Finlay a tag title match again John Morrison and The Miz at Night of Champions. Miz butts in and gets smacked over the head with the Shillelagh.

*CM Punk over John Morrison with the GTS.

*Kane/Big Show confrontation...Mark Henry butts in to challenge the winner and gets double chokeslammed for his troubles.

WWE Smackdown results from San Jose, CA. This episode will air on 6/20.

* MVP Lounge. Porter brags about being the best and being cool if he's drafted away from Smackdown. He says management overlooks talent because they either don't have an eye for talent or are to busy getting married. He can beat anyone, including La Familia. Vicky Guerrero comes out with Hawkins and Ryder. MVP says they had a deal that if he beat CM Punk last week, they would renegotiate his contract. Vicky says that was not the deal and she says if he wants competition then he's got it. Its MVP vs. Kane tonight.

* Matt Hardy over Bam Neely by Twist of Fate. Charles Robinson threw Chavo Guerrero out during the match.

* Vignette with Chavo complaining to Edge about being thrown out by Charles Robinson in Neeley's match. Edge promises him Robinson will be punished but Chavo must do him a favor and take care of Batista later in return. Edge will take care of Matt Hardy next week.

* Michelle McCool over Layla El as Natalya Neidhart watched on

* Backstage vignette: Vickie punishes Charles Robinson by telling him he will wrestle tonight.

* Vladimir Kozlov over Jamie Noble.

* Kane defeated MVP by countout. Mark Henry attacks Kane post match.

* Great Khali defeated Charles Robinson with the vice grip.

* Jesse and Festus defeated Deuce and Domino, who brawled before and after the bout.

* Finlay over The Miz.

* Chavo defeated Batista by countout. Edge was the special referee. Post match, La Familia attacked Batista.

It's quite refreshing to see that Sydal/Bourne is getting a good push out of the gate. It's a shame WWE dropped the CW title, he'd be a great person to have carry it. I'd love to see Long bring "back" the CW as a ECW staple. That won't happen because they need two woman's titles.

International touring. At one point Oakland was going to have two Raw's taped in a row but I think the Million Dollar Mania thing necessitated another live show next week (or there was some other reason for the change, I don't remember now).

So are they slowly turning MVP face? If he moves to Raw who does he feud with? Jericho over the IC?

It'd be sweet if Charles Robinson had blood capsuled his eyes. So it'd look like Khali had squeezed his head until it bursts.

At least I think it would have looked cool.

Smackdown is an absolute unwatchable mess right now. Does anybody care about La Familia? Edge, sure he's one of the best in the business today, but Chavo, Hawkins, Ryder and Bam Neely are utter crap.

Koslov will never be anything and should be cut already. Nobody will ever care about Deuce and Domino, Jesse and Festus are already stale and played out Finlay is booked as a comedy act, Palumbo has had too many gimmicks to even give a damn about, MVP will make a terrible face, the color scheme sucks and Foley is as bad as they come.

I think the point of La Familia is that they are essentially shitty and are mostly just lackey fodder for Edge to throw at people. I almost would consider putting Koslov in there with them just to give them some actual muscle that isn't a jobber, sorta like the role he played in OVW with Team America.

The main problem I have with it is that I never get the feeling the vast majority of SD's roster cares about Vicki's rampant abuse of power. They just casually have their matches and all that. Why doesn't someone on the face side simply issue a challenge of "Career vs. Vicki's job as GM" and be done with it?

It'd be sweet if Charles Robinson had blood capsuled his eyes. So it'd look like Khali had squeezed his head until it bursts.

At least I think it would have looked cool.

I was laughing my ass off at that match. For some sick reason I always get a kick out of seeing the refs getting their asses kicked. Hell I enjoy beating the refs up in games more than anything. I kicked the refs ass in day of reckoning 2 for years lol. But Little natch did a good job of selling...the tongue out of his mouth was hilarious.

Smackdown is an absolute unwatchable mess right now. Does anybody care about La Familia? Edge, sure he's one of the best in the business today, but Chavo, Hawkins, Ryder and Bam Neely are utter crap.

Koslov will never be anything and should be cut already. Nobody will ever care about Deuce and Domino, Jesse and Festus are already stale and played out Finlay is booked as a comedy act, Palumbo has had too many gimmicks to even give a damn about, MVP will make a terrible face, the color scheme sucks and Foley is as bad as they come.

I don't know how much people will ever care about duece and domino mainly because I don't know how much wwe will ever push them but I've been impressed with them the last few weeks and last night, although I always thought they played mean bully roles well. They did a really good job of acting and selling , making it seem like they were really pissed at each other. If they expand their characters some and put them in some meaningful feuds, I think they will go places.

MVP will make a terrible face

And you base this off what?

I wonder what the answer to that is to. Didn't they make him stop doing the "Ballin" elbow drop, because it was getting too many face pops?

MVP will make a terrible face

And you base this off what?

I wonder what the answer to that is to. Didn't they make him stop doing the "Ballin" elbow drop, because it was getting too many face pops?

Heels aren't allowed to have signature moves/poses that pops the crowd. Remember when they made Dupree stop doing the French Tickler because the crowd was cheering it?

I just don't think MVP has ever played a face. He's going to have to go from being TO to being Barry Sanders and I don't know if hell be able to be nearly as interesting. He was very good as a heel and I'd rather see him traded to Raw than have to turn face because Edge is the alpha heel on SD!

You can still be a cocky bastard and get massive cheers. As far as MVP goes, he would make for a better face than Kennedy for instance. MVP can make some changes in his act and get cheered, whereas Kennedy's entire schtick that got him over is so ultra annoying it can't translate to being a face act (MIIIIISSTTEEER KENNNEEEDDDDY!!!!).

Just have La Familia beat the crap out of MVP, then he'll likely get cheered.

I just don't think MVP has ever played a face. He's going to have to go from being TO to being Barry Sanders and I don't know if hell be able to be nearly as interesting. He was very good as a heel and I'd rather see him traded to Raw than have to turn face because Edge is the alpha heel on SD!

Seems like you're not even giving him a chance, which isn't fair...

He played one early in his career as Antonio Banks. Of course, he wasn't MVP back then and has improved markably... but, yeah, he wasn't certainly setting the world alight as a face back then.

If he's going to be a successful face, he can't act like a face. He's got to be the same character just fighting the heels instead, with everything else leaning towards him being cheered. Of course, we all know WWE's success rate of making faces who aren't cookie cutter nice guys is pretty low since Stone Cold though.