TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (6/10/2008)

With a new General Manager in the Land of the Extreme, there will surely be plenty of changes, playa. As the man in charge, Theodore Long has taken away Armando Estrada’s ECW contract and is forcing him to earn it back. The former ECW GM lost both of his matches Tuesday night, the first against United States Champion Matt Hardy and the second against Colin Delaney, which certainly does not help his situation. Will Estrada earn back his contract before the 2008 WWE Draft later this month? What other changes does Long have in store for ECW?

ECW Champion Kane defeated CM Punk on Tuesday night, but after his match, WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz & John Morrison attacked the Big Red Machine. Kane will defend his ECW gold against Big Show at Night of Champions, but what obstacles will he have to face in the weeks leading up to June 29? Will the WWE Tag Team Champions try to stand in his way? And when will Punk cash in his Money in the Bank privileges?

Due to a fracture of his eye suffered at One Night Stand, ECW Championship No. 1 contender, Big Show is not medically cleared to wrestle for the next three weeks. Big Show is still scheduled to challenge Kane for the ECW Championship at Night of Champions on Sunday, June 29. How will three weeks of inactivity affect this ECW Championship Match?

Also on ECW, Shelton Benjamin was victorious over newcomer Matt Sydal, but afterward, Kofi Kingston attacked the Gold Standard. But Benjamin had the last laugh after he threw Kingston into the steel stairs. Since Benjamin was the first to defeat the Jamaican Superstar a few weeks ago on ECW, Kingston has been seeking revenge. Will Kingston be able to restart another winning streak, or will the Gold Standard continue his dominance in the ECW ring?

Was this a Diva Search girl? ECW does lack divas, so it's not a surprise to see more added. Did they say she was Long's assistant or was she just a blonde in the office?

For those of us who cannot watch - what was so lame about the promo - just the delivery? Did he explain his name change in it? I mean they called him Matt Sydal in the preview...

He came off as a 19 year old that was "very happy to realize his dream" but he did put over his past in Japan, Europe and the rest of the world. Nothing bad just very plain intro. However, he looked very crisp in the ring. I didn't think Knox could take a 'rana.

Was this a Diva Search girl? ECW does lack divas, so it's not a surprise to see more added. Did they say she was Long's assistant or was she just a blonde in the office?

Was it this girl?

tarynterrell.jpg

Seems to be the only developmental that is blonde...

God, I wish Battlestar Glactica wasn't on Fridays. Bastards are going to eventually get me to buy the entire series on DVD.

That's not her. I think it was the one you showed before with different makeup and hair style.

Yea, I'm pretty sure it was the first girl pictured, just without all that lipstick.

Matt Sydal/Evan Bourne is my girlfriend's new favorite wrestler. Someone has finally come along to fill that gaping hole RVD left.

Matt Sydal/Evan Bourne is my girlfriend's new favorite wrestler. Someone has finally come along to fill that gaping hole RVD left.

RVD did what to your girlfriend?

Thanks Mellow. I needed that laugh.

I wonder why WWE changed his ring name after he wrestled as Matt Sydal last week? Same situation as Monty Brown, where they didnt want people Googling his name and finding information about TNA?

I was going to say, I wouldn't imagine TNA appeared in any meaningful context if you googled Sydal.

I must admit i'd never even seen a Sydal match before he came to ECW.

Looks like a good worker.

Thanks Mellow. I needed that laugh.

I wonder why WWE changed his ring name after he wrestled as Matt Sydal last week? Same situation as Monty Brown, where they didnt want people Googling his name and finding information about TNA?

It's most likely because WWE wanted to own Matt Sydel's name but Sydel probably told them no so WWE came up with Evan Bourne.