TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Impact Spoilahz for This Thursday

From WO:

For Thursday night:

Samoa Joe b Kaz to keep the TNA title in a good match. Booker was out with the announcers so it appeared Booker vs. Joe in the next title match

Kurt Angle said he wanted Karen taken out so was putting a bounty out on her. Karen vs. Kong, anyone?

Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley b Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi of Dragon Gate in another really good match

The Beautiful People go to put a paper bag over Karen's head but A.J. Styules makes the save

Kevin Nash does an interview and Joe came out and the two argued some more. Nash told Joe that Booker can beat him for the title because he's got the mental edge and Joe told Nash he's sick of his predictions

Robert Roode & James Storm b LAX to apparently win the tag titles. Storm used a loaded boot on Hernandez. Hector Guerrero protestsed, the match was restarted and LAX won. Roode then whipped LAX with a belt

Gail Kim b Velvet Sky and put a bag on her head

Alex Koslov b Curry Man

Joe accepted Booker's title challenge

Sonjay Dutt b Consequences Creed

Kurt Angle b A.J. Styles in a lumberjack match. Karen came out but Awesome Kong laid her out

The Good:

Joe vs Booker

Joe standing up to Nash

MCMG winning a match

Karen getting laid out by Kong

The Bad:

Roode and Storm as a tag team. I hate makeshift tag teams. I also hate they now seem to be the number on contenders.

Kurt vs AJ in a lumberjack match. One of the worst gimmick matches in wrestling bar the strecher match.

The fact that the Kurt/Karen storyline is still going on.

The thing about Lumberjack matches is the fact that they're really overdone now adays. WWE does them consently with the lumberjill matches and just no one really buys into them anymore.

I don't mind Roode and Storm as a team because they laid the groundworks for them being an alliance. It's not like they just took two guys that never had anything to do with them and threw them in there (see this past RAW with Snitsky and Umaga). That being said, they shouldn't make them Champions.

The Beautiful People go to put a paper bag over Karen's head but A.J. Styles makes the save

I haven't seen iMPACT in a fortnight. Is this their new gimmick?

Roode and Storm as a alliance is awesome.

Why are they awesome? Because they are two midcard heels? They have nothing in common, other than that they are both heels. It's pointless.

You know who should be fueding with LAX? A proper tag team.

The Beautiful People go to put a paper bag over Karen's head but A.J. Styles makes the save

I haven't seen iMPACT in a fortnight. Is this their new gimmick?

Yes, paper bags with caricatures of their faces on them.

Why are they awesome? Because they are two midcard heels? They have nothing in common, other than that they are both heels. It's pointless.

I'll agree with that one. In the situation with Roode and Storm, they just paired 2 heels with nothing in common. TNA is starting to go the WWE route of creating random tag teams. Roode and Strorm teamed is about as pointless and random as Booker T all of a sudden teaming with Robert Roode just because he turned heel, thus disregarding the fact that Robert Roode roughed up Sharmell justa couple months prior.

OK, I'm getting sick of the complaints of makeshift tag teams, and I'll point out why.

If I remember correctly, Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart had nothing to do with each other when the two of them first came together into the company.

Later, the were joined together, and became the Hart Foundation.

Decades later..."Double J" Jesse James and Rockabilly had nothing to do with each other, but begain teaming up...changing their names to Road Dogg and "Badd Ass" Billy Gunn.

Thus, they became the New Age Outlaws.

Just because the team is makeshift at first doesn't mean it doesn't have potential to be good in the end.

And going into TNA standards...weren't Chris Harris and James Storm thrown together at the start of TNA, only to become one of their best teams?

Who is Alex Koslov?

I don't know much about him, except that he's a Russian guy that works in CMLL and PWG. He uses a Cobra Crossface as a finisher.

There is a match of him working a match for the CMLL title.

OK, I'm getting sick of the complaints of makeshift tag teams, and I'll point out why.

If I remember correctly, Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart had nothing to do with each other when the two of them first came together into the company.

Decades later..."Double J" Jesse James and Rockabilly had nothing to do with each other, but begain teaming up...changing their names to Road Dogg and "Badd Ass" Billy Gunn.

Just because the team is makeshift at first doesn't mean it doesn't have potential to be good in the end.

And going into TNA standards...weren't Chris Harris and James Storm thrown together at the start of TNA, only to become one of their best teams?

The problem I have with makeshift tag teams is you don't see any "unity" between them. If you pair 2 random wrestlers and things work out, then give the team a name, give them a tag team finisher, SOMETHING to show their unity as a team. Look at Miz and Morrison in WWE. They've been teaming for a while now, and are the WWE Tag Champions, but you rarely see them make their entrance as a team. They will more often than not, come out seperately and use their own finishers to win the match. They are only a TEAM per-se because they wrestle on the same side of the ring, and happen to be co-holders of some title belts.

If you're teaming up 2 random guys with the hope that they may amount to something, such as the New Age Outlaws, AMW, Hart Foundation, etc. give them something to show a little unity between them and not that they're just 2 random guys who happen to team up from time to time, or carry some belts around.

I'm not against trying something new between 2 wrestlers that you really have no plans for otherwise, but use them as a team, and not as 2 guys.

For example, take Petey and Steiner. Sure they were just two singles wrestlers, but now they have a matching look, matching attire, the same gimmick and one entrance. All they need is a team name and a tag team finisher and they're set to go.

For example, take Petey and Steiner. Sure they were just two singles wrestlers, but now they have a matching look, matching attire, the same gimmick and one entrance. All they need is a team name and a tag team finisher and they're set to go.

Team name: The Freak Show?

Also...Tag finishers...they seem kinda optional.

Don't think that the Outlaws had a tag finisher, IIRC.

Though I do like when they do them. *Favorite is still TOTAL ELIMINATION!

That's very true, but TNA is rushing things. The first time Roode and Storm ever team up, they pin the tag champs? I know it got reversed, but it still happened, and now they're instantly in a title feud having not one previous win as a team. And this comes so rapidly on the heels of the Super Eric & title tournament shenanigans, the tag belts don't have a lot of cred at the moment.

Kevin Nash does an interview and Joe came out and the two argued some more.

Weren't these guys shaking hands and all friendly at the end of the PPV? How long have they stretched out this arguing now?

Gail Kim b Velvet Sky and put a bag on her head

So when is Roxxi gonna get her big revenge for getting her head shaved? Because in every match she's had since then against the Beautiful People, she's never even pinned them once. Yet every time Love or Sky get in the ring against Kim or ODB, they get jobbed out. Everyone can beat them except the one person who should be beating them?

No because they have entertained me in the past, when TNA threw them together for no reason. They played well off eachother during promo's at the time, their gimmicks being nothing a like is what entertained me the most. Bobby would be reading the Wall Street Journal, and trying to explain it to Storm who was to busy getting drunk to give a damn, and was just laughing at Roode. It was fantastic and it is something I wouldn't mind seeing again.

The Outlaws used a double team Hotshot and a Spike Piledriver for a while.

Bobby Rood trying to mold James Storm in his image and show him the finer ways of life could lead to some hilarious promos and skits.

Bobby Rood trying to mold James Storm in his image and show him the finer ways of life could lead to some hilarious promos and skits.

Yes it would, or Storm trying to toughen Bobby up by making him drink beer and forcing him to get in bar brawls.

Okay, from PWInsider:

*TNA champion Samoa Joe defeated Kaz in a very good match. Booker T came out on the mic and said Joe got lucky at Slammiversary and they went back and forth. Booker claimed the only reason he lost was because Nash interfered. They are building Booker vs. Joe for the title at Victory Road.

*Backstage, Kurt Angle said he's going to take Karen Angle out, but since she signed a talent contract with TNA, there's a no men on violence rule. So, he's put a hit out on her for a Knockout to take Karen out...and she won't know when it's coming.

*Former WWE star Shawn Daivari is interviewed backstage, announced as the captain of Team International in the World X Cup.

*The Motor City Machineguns defeated Team Japan's Naruko Doi & Masato Yoshino. Really fun stuff here. They all shake hands afterwards.

*Karen Angle is being interviewed in the back, but the Beautiful People interrupt the segment. They are upset about Karen getting paid more than them. They try to paperbag her but AJ Styles shows up.

*Kevin Nash is interviewed by Lauren. She asks him if he agrees with Booker T saying that the only reason Samoa Joe was victorious at the King of the Mountain was Nash powerbombing Booker. Joe comes to the ring and calls out Nash. Nash tells Joe that an apology is in order for coming out. Joe tells Nash he is riding Joe's coattails and Joe is sick of it. Nash tells Joe that he should be careful because he can't defeat Booker one on one because Booker has already gotten to him mentally. Joe tells Nash to take his predictions and stick them.

*Robert Roode & James Storm defeated LAX to win the TNA Tag Team champions after Storm struck Hernandez with a loaded boot. Hector Guerrero argued with the referee, who re-started the bout. LAX won and retained the titles. Afterwards, Roode laid out everyone in LAX with a chair, then handcuffed them to the ropes, whipping them with a belt.

*Gail Kim defeated Velvet Sky, then paperbagged her.

*Team International's Alex Kozlov defeated Curry Man.

*Backstage, TNA champion Samoa Joe accepted Booker T's challenge for Victory Road.

*Sonjay Dutt defeated Consequences Creed. Jay Lethal attacked Dutt and challenged him to a match next week.

*Kurt Angle defeated AJ Styles in a Lumberjack Match. The Lumberjacks were Team 3D, Rhino, Christian Cage, Tomko, Matt Morgan and Tomko. 3D hit the Dudley Death Drop on Rhino, who was taken to the back. AJ went to hit a splash through a table on Angle, but Kurt moved and put him in the Anklelock. Karen Angle ran out but Awesome Kong made her way to the ring and laid out Karen.

So how did TNA get around the no man-on-woman violence ban there, regarding Salinas? I'm guessing Miss Jackie probably grabbed her ir something, but the spoilahz don't say.

That ban is pretty nonsensical when you think about it. According to their own rules on Spike, showing a (male) human getting dropped onto thousands of thumbtacks: fine. Showing one woman disgustingly beat another woman half to death: fine. Showing Jeremy Borash girly-slap Awesome Kong: not fine.

Yes it would, or Storm trying to toughen Bobby up by making him drink beer and forcing him to get in bar brawls.

As much as I like them as a team, doing something like that, where one is trying to get the other to be like the other, will only lead to one turning on the other in the long run.

I guess it because people can accept men beating the shit out of eachother, or even women beating the shit out of eachother, but nobody wants to watch a man beat the shit out of a woman.

But like I said, with some of the women they've got, it wouldn't just be some heman abusing some helpless little girl. Like booking Sharkboy vs. ODB or Eric Young vs. Awesome Kong, for example. Clearly the standards & practices people at Spike don't understand what TNA is trying to do in presenting their female competitors as being actual fighters and not just victimized eye-candy.

And as always, why does wrestling have special extra rules and restrictions placed on it that other programs never get? What about all those episodes of The Shield or all those Bond movies that Spike plays? No man-on-woman violence in those, nosiree.

I guess it because people can accept men beating the shit out of eachother, or even women beating the shit out of eachother, but nobody wants to watch a man beat the shit out of a woman.

But like I said, with some of the women they've got, it wouldn't just be some heman abusing some helpless little girl. Like booking Sharkboy vs. ODB or Eric Young vs. Awesome Kong, for example. Clearly the standards & practices people at Spike don't understand what TNA is trying to do in presenting their female competitors as being actual fighters and not just victimized eye-candy.
They don't have to be beaten by men to be potrayed as "actual fighters", they've been a hit on the show without the men being involved, so they shouldn't really fuck with the formula by adding men to the mix.

And as always, why does wrestling have special extra rules and restrictions placed on it that other programs never get? What about all those episodes of The Shield or all those Bond movies that Spike plays? No man-on-woman violence in those, nosiree.
That is apples and oranges. Those women on The Shield and The Bond movies aren't taking real beatings, and they're not slicing their forheads with blades to get over some drama in a fake fight.

Don't forget Booker T and Goldust, and the Hollywood Blondes.

They get the ultra special restrictions because it's wrestling. The pseudo-sport that, despite being called fake by almost everyone, is criticized for being too violent.

As much as I like them as a team, doing something like that, where one is trying to get the other to be like the other, will only lead to one turning on the other in the long run.
They should do as a a few comedy segments and nothing more. Eventually they should break them up and have them feud, but they can get atleast a good year and a half out of a team like that, before they even think about breaking them up. Hell a feud with LAX done properly should go about 6 months itself.

They don't have to be beaten by men to be potrayed as "actual fighters", they've been a hit on the show without the men being involved, so they shouldn't really fuck with the formula by adding men to the mix.

That's not the point. The point is that the ban is retarded and there's no good reason for wrestling to be treated different from othre programming.

Those women on The Shield and The Bond movies aren't taking real beatings,

What? Are you including the stunt performers in your statement? Cuz that's dead wrong, those girls get the shit beaten out of them on a regular basis, same as wrestlers. Hell, remember that Lita broke her neck doing stunts for a TV series, not in the ring. Accidents happen all the time on the set of movies and TV, refer to all the shit which has been happening on the shoot of the new Bond movie for example. Jackie Chan's list of injuries would probably beat any wrestler short of Terry Funk, and even then it would be a fight. And those women's characters are portrayed as being beaten, maimed, raped, tortured, murdered, and so on. Way worse than anything which ever happens in wrestling, which despite its unique nature is still a staged fictional entertainment program. Yeah, wrestling is different since it happens more or less in real time in front of a live crowd, but I still don't see how a man hitting a woman on Impact is worse than a man hitting a woman on CSI or Star Trek.