TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Impact Spoilahz for This Thursday

Yeah nice try Truthy.

That ban is pretty nonsensical when you think about it. According to their own rules on Spike, showing a (male) human getting dropped onto thousands of thumbtacks: fine. Showing one woman disgustingly beat another woman half to death: fine. Showing Jeremy Borash girly-slap Awesome Kong: not fine.

I guess it because people can accept men beating the shit out of eachother, or even women beating the shit out of eachother, but nobody wants to watch a man beat the shit out of a woman.

Note the difference. I bolded it for you, even.

Jingus said it was "nonsensical" that a network airing programming where women are attacked, raped, beaten and murdered will not let a male interviewer half-assedly slap some goliath amazon twice his size who's clearly capable of killing him merely because said goliath is female. Truthiness then twisted it into some equally nonsensical crusade where he split his time equally between implying Jingus is a misogynist who beats women and implying that women are inferior to men and should never compete against them in anything.

I never once implied Jingus beats women. I never once implied that women shouldn't compete against men in anything, I thought it was stupid that Michelle Wei couldn't compete against the men in Golf, and I also don't mind Danica Patrick racing men. Men competing with women is fine, men fighting women is bad. This isn't hard to understand.

But "nice try" Oldskool.

What's that, a discussion with The Truthiness going in a downward spiral? NEVER

I almost gave a shit about Lethal v. Dutt, but then I saw SoCalVal giving an angry look at Dutt for ruining her wedding and was mildly disappointed she didn't go after him herself instead of just standing on the other side of the ring, shaking her head. I suppose it's my own fault for thinking the Randy Savage imitator would be the sensible, logical, sane one in the relationship.

I only caught the first hour as I was really tired from work, but I plan on watching the rest sometime this weekend. The first hour was really good. I am getting behind AJ/Angle more and more each week. I just wish they wouldn't let The Beautiful People talk. They really aren't that good right now. They need a manager. I don't know what happened to Mickey, but it seems like she will not be back, at least from waht I read on gerweck.net. They should have a pretty boy as their manager.

Also, not every discussion here has to turn into Truth vs. someone argument. Anytime I come to a post now, I have to scan through all the posts by Truth and whoever he is fighting with. Can't we just have a thread specifically for that or something?

Also, not every discussion here has to turn into Truth vs. someone argument. Anytime I come to a post now, I have to scan through all the posts by Truth and whoever he is fighting with. Can't we just have a thread specifically for that or something?

We can do better than that...we can give him his own folder!!!

Das Gulag

Yeah nice try Truthy.

That ban is pretty nonsensical when you think about it. According to their own rules on Spike, showing a (male) human getting dropped onto thousands of thumbtacks: fine. Showing one woman disgustingly beat another woman half to death: fine. Showing Jeremy Borash girly-slap Awesome Kong: not fine.

I guess it because people can accept men beating the shit out of eachother, or even women beating the shit out of eachother, but nobody wants to watch a man beat the shit out of a woman.

Note the difference. I bolded it for you, even.

Jingus said it was "nonsensical" that a network airing programming where women are attacked, raped, beaten and murdered will not let a male interviewer half-assedly slap some goliath amazon twice his size who's clearly capable of killing him merely because said goliath is female. Truthiness then twisted it into some equally nonsensical crusade where he split his time equally between implying Jingus is a misogynist who beats women and implying that women are inferior to men and should never compete against them in anything.

I never once implied Jingus beats women. I never once implied that women shouldn't compete against men in anything, I thought it was stupid that Michelle Wei couldn't compete against the men in Golf, and I also don't mind Danica Patrick racing men. Men competing with women is fine, men fighting women is bad. This isn't hard to understand.

But "nice try" Oldskool.

Apparently a slap to the face is beating somebody. Apparently we're all woman beaters because we slap our wifes once.

At first, ALL tag teams are makeshift. But then, they grow on the fans, and become staples in the wrestling world.

That's not really the point I was making, I was saying that I hate makeshift tag teams that are just two wrestlers thrown together for no reason other than they are both faces/heels.

At first, ALL tag teams are makeshift. But then, they grow on the fans, and become staples in the wrestling world.

That's not really the point I was making, I was saying that I hate makeshift tag teams that are just two wrestlers thrown together for no reason other than they are both faces/heels.

While it's painfully frustrating when it's two guys that were just in a blood feud, I think sometimes something as simple as a common goal (e.g. wanting to hurt a certain wrestler) or the proverbial "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" is enough.

Whether either of those classify as "both are faces" or "both are heels", I'm not sure ... but it can be something as simple as "we both hate X, let's get together and take care of him".

That is fine I guess. But in this case of Roode/Storm, they're just a tag team because they are both midcard heels.

I don't know what happened to Mickey, but it seems like she will not be back, at least from waht I read on gerweck.net.

What? Already? Fuck. She performed well in the role they gave her, why the hell not bring her back?

They should have a pretty boy as their manager.

I actually think this is a good idea, but can't go into why it wouldn't work without getting into the Same Damn Argument.

See this is what I don't get, Booker comes out and calls Joe a "paper champion", "punk ass", and all this other shit. When Joe goes to say something, Booker tells him to shut up, and of course Joe shuts up. Booker goes on to punk him out and leaves, while Joe sits there and says nothing. Later, he goes in to Book's locker room (The one that smells like piss) offers him a title shot and shakes his hand. Book accepts, Tells Joe "He didn't think he'd have it in him to accept the challenge, he doesn't like him, but he does now respect him". Than he goes on to tell Joe, that in Houston he's going to be the favorite and the crowd is going to be behind him. Joe gives him the key to his private locker room and agrees that that the one he in does smell like piss.

What the fuck?

The rest of the show has been strong, I wished another ref or Cornette would've been the one to reverse the decision in the LAX vs. Roode/Storm match. The ref just taking Hector's word for it didn't make sense. But the post match shenanigans was good, as was the interview with Roode/Storm afterwards.

I think that I liked that segment for all the reasons that you didn't.

Joe could get all mad and tell Booker that he is better than Booker thinks, or that he's a credible chamion...or he could give him his shot and prove it to him in the ring. That's what the Samoa Joe character has always been about...proving it in the ring.

I'm....going to have to agree with Truthy on that one.

All he has to do is lock in a rear naked choke for 4 seconds, get pulled off the guy, snap his fingers, say "Just like that." and you've got yourself a catchphrase and a champion who's established himself as good enough to put anybody in a match-ending submission hold near-instantly...rather than one that looks like a punked-out pansy unless you watch the show for the next half hour to see him "man up" by offering challenges so he can beat them in the ring.

I would also agree with Truthy on this one, but when Booker told him to "shut up" when he wanted an explination, Joe just laughed at him. Therefore showing that he knows Booker talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.

At least that's how I saw it.

I'm with bps. I think we all were annoyed when Joe was a petulant guy who whined and yelled and argued with everyone. I much prefer the guy who is confident and calm and knows he doesn't have to swing at everyone who badmouths him. He's the champ and he's confident that when all is said and done he'll still be the champ. So attacking Booker over words is meaningless.

Not to mention that in this case Booker DID get screwed by Nash, which is where Joe is actually directing his anger.

But I've never really been a strong believer in the idea that a heel can't insult a face in personal ways. Booker talks down to people and thinks he's better than everyone. It's who he is and he's done it to everyone. So when he says it about Joe I just see it as more of his gimmick, not some great truths that he's revealing to us. Same when Steiner did it.

But maybe I'm crazy because I didn't even think HHH was burying Booker all those years ago until the end of that feud.

Agreed. If Booker calls Joe a paper champion who can't beat him and then wins? Well then Booker's been (in theory) proven correct. Joe was a paper champion and after Booker got screwed in KotM he went and won the belt when he got a fair shot. But if Joe wins then all of what Booker said was just hot air from an egotistical and condescending heel. Steiner calling Joe fat, out of shape, and incapable of beating him was shown to be meaningless when Joe beat him.

If this were the time for Joe to lose the belt then, yeah, his opponent trashing him seems wrong. But presuming this is just another step in Joe's reign with Joe beating a former World Champion in his own hometown (and possibly with Nash and the Dudleyz to deal with) then I have no problem with the heel trashing him.

And yeah, the reason I didn't think HHH was burying Booker was because I presumed it had to lead to Booker proving himself and shutting HHH up with a win. When it didn't then it played off as the things HHH said being true and Booker truly not belong on his level. But its that outcome that makes the difference. There are plenty of examples of faces who proved the heel wrong in the end and heels who came out on top, but given Booker's role that one just stood out to me.

I think it's a product (and not a good one) of the way wrestling has been in the last several years that the evensteven booking of people on top doesn't allow for guys to get heat on each other.

Think back to...like WrestleMania 3. Andre "punked out" Hogan by saying that he had been ducking him and then made him look like a bitch leaving him on his knees. Is there any way that bulid up would have been made better by having Hogan stand up to Andre BEFORE the big event where he proved who the man was in the ring?

I HATE the kind of booking that would have seen Joe get angry at Booker and trade insults meant to demean him before their match. If he makes Booker sound like an unworthy POS than what would Joe gain by beating him? If Joe is able to get one up on him physically before the match...than why would I care to watch it?

It's like when Warrior showed up in WCW and told Hogan that he didn't care about beating him because everyone already had. Now why would anyone care?

Joe's title reign here has been about nothing BUT proving himself as the top guy.

He was the underdog going in against Angle...and he won.

No one had ever retained in KOTM...and he won.

Booker thinks that his history makes him better than Joe and that he would have won KOTM if not for Nash. If Joe were to prove him wrong before the match...than there's no reason to have the match.

He proves himself as the top guy, but he takes way too long to do it. The only people who see him "prove himself" are already watching TNA and buying PPVs.

Somebody that flips through the channels and sees a heavyweight champion be made to look foolish in the middle of the ring in a promo will possibly pause to see what he'll do. He will not remain on the channel for very long when he sees that the champion's choice is "Do nothing", and therefore he misses Joe's cool, calm "I'll beat you in the ring, here's your chance" retort that's later in the show, and he misses Joe one-upping the guy in the ring in the main event/at the PPV.

Each segment should have a beginning, middle and end, and too often the top program has the end of a particular segment much later in the show, when they'd be better off ending it with a fifteen-second pull-apart slugfest in the ring that gives closure to everyone watching that segment rather than leaving them wondering what the fuck's going on.

Joe just needs to be killin' some motherfuckers out there. When's the last time he looked like the kind of badass he was back when he was walking around with Chris Daniels' bloodstained towel as a scarf? He needs to Defy The Odds and be superman every now and then if he's gonna be a top guy. Even though all the smarks are sick to death of guys like Cena, Taker, and HHH doing that endlessly, the damned thing is that it works to an extent. When's the last time Joe, figuratively speaking, smashed some poor schmuck with a sledgehammer? When's the last time any of his enemies acted afraid of him?

I really don't want to get in to a Joe argument this week, I've said what I've had to say about the guy, my mind isn't changing on him anytime soon and I'm tired of talking about the million things wrong with TNA. Can we talk about how awesome Roode and Storm were?

Was that fucking neccesary? I just said, I don't want to get in a argument about Joe and wanted to talk about something we all agree was a positive which was the Roode/Storm vs LAX angle.

Couldn't you have just let it die down without having the final say on the matter and asking people not to argue with you? Seems like the easiest way to avoid an argument is to not participate in it. Especially since it seemed to have moved past you and enough people agreed with your basic premise and were making the argument that it wasn't about disagreeing with you.

But since you were the person the bring up the issue in the first place it ends up coming off as "Here's what I think, but I'm not going to talk about it further so just listen to me and accept it." If you don't want to talk about it, don't. Don't bring it up, write a paragraph, and then write another on how you'd like to change the subject (that you started) because your mind won't be changed.

Bringing up a complaint you've made numerous times and then refusing to talk about it is a good way to make hard feelings. Especially when you lace it with an antagonistic comment like "I'm tired of talking about the million of things wrong with TNA." If you want to talk about the positive, simply talk about the positive. Don't bring up the negative and then ask to change the subject, because that just comes off as phony.

Just my 2 cents. Feel free to leave it.

Here's the positive on Roode/Storm: Storm carries the ringwork, Roode can carry the promo's. I liked how, after they beat down LAX, Roode took a swig from Storm's beer, and then spit it out in complete disgust. Beer is the alcoholic beverage of choice for most people, and has a stigma of "working class drink" attached to it. Roode is filthy rich. It makes sense that he'd spit out the beer, disgusted entirely by it as Storm looks on, confused.