TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Spoilhaz for next Thursday

From WO:

For 6/19 TV

Booker T b B.G. James

World X Cup: Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley (Team TNA) b Shawn Daivari & Tyson Dux (Team International) Too bad they didn't use Shonie Carter as coach of Team International

Jim Cornette announced a lumberjack strap match with fans as the lumberjacks for the TNA tag titles at Victory Road on 7/13 with LAX vs. Robert Roode & James Storm. This led to an angle to set up Jacqueline Moore vs. Salinas, the two seconds, later in the show

Awesome Kong b Shantelle Taylor playing the fan in the crowd

World X Cup: Kaz (Team TNA) b Alex Koslov (Team International)

Jacqueline Moore b Salinas

A.J. Styles & Christian Cage b Team 3-D. Styles subbed for Rhino, who got beat down earlier. This led to the end of the show angle where Frank Trigg and Styles nearly got into it, which allowed Kurt Angle to jump Styles

Good:

More wins for MCMG.

Awesome Kong kicking the shit out of "fans"

It appears there is no Lethal vs Dutt

Bad:

Lumberjack match with fans for the tag titles. Boo-urns.

Robert Roode and James Storm getting a tag title shot. Double Boo-urns.

No Joe.

It sounds like a really medicore show. Like they weren't even trying. I imagine it will be a lot of backstage stuff, but still.

Sorry, I was meant to put that in my Bad points. The tournament seems to be a bit one sided so far.

Has the tournament actually started yet or are they just doing "pre-view matches"? I have a feeling Curry Man will be the guy who gets pinned the most out of Team TNA.

Hmm doesn't TNA do the matches in some sort of order though? Like they do single matches, then tag matches, then so on and so on? I don't remember the last X World Cup to well.

I looked it up at Wikipeida to see what they used in the past:

It says they did Team US vs. Team Japan in a tag, then Team Mexico vs. Team Canada in a tag...

Then they did US vs. Mexico in a singles, and then Japan vs. canada in a singles...

and then a gauntlet match...

all of which had different points awarded.

Now...in 2004 they had Ultimate X decide it and IIRC Team Japan was in last place and didn't get to be a part of the finals, even though they were in the other parts (I know there was a ladder match in there...but this was 4 years ago so I'm kinda fuzzy. I remember Skipper and Daniels winning a tag match...and Jerry Lynn losing the ladder match before Sabin won the Ultimate X and the tournament...)

And they said that this year will have the Ultimate X...so they're making it up as they go along I guess.

Either way...Team Japan has finished last both other times (and once that was with LIGER!!) so they'd better step it up...

I looked it up at Wikipeida to see what they used in the past:

It says they did Team US vs. Team Japan in a tag, then Team Mexico vs. Team Canada in a tag...

Then they did US vs. Mexico in a singles, and then Japan vs. canada in a singles...

and then a gauntlet match...

all of which had different points awarded.

Now...in 2004 they had Ultimate X decide it and IIRC Team Japan was in last place and didn't get to be a part of the finals, even though they were in the other parts (I know there was a ladder match in there...but this was 4 years ago so I'm kinda fuzzy. I remember Skipper and Daniels winning a tag match...and Jerry Lynn losing the ladder match before Sabin won the Ultimate X and the tournament...)

And they said that this year will have the Ultimate X...so they're making it up as they go along I guess.

Either way...Team Japan has finished last both other times (and once that was with LIGER!!) so they'd better step it up...

I think in 2004, team TNA and Team Canada tied when Petey and Sabin got the X together leading to Sabin vs. Petey on the next IMPACT! with Sabin getting the victory.