TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

Who is your wrestling hero and have you ever met him?

Fuck Chris Benoit. And Eddie Guerrero, too, for that matter. That Hashimoto guy is on my list, too.

I get Benoit. But how the FUCK are you going to say "Fuck Eddie Guerrero"? Fuck YOU, ya cunt.

The one that comes to mind for me is when Mick Foley was speaking at my college, and it then came time for questions. I asked him about all the recent drug related deaths (It was shortly after Hawk and Crash Holly died), and apparently, I was the one who broke the news to him that Crash Holly had died. Needless to say, I felt kind of bad.

I have way to many favorites now a days, past and present. These aren't really my "Top" pro wrestler favs, just the people who I really enjoy to watch in the ring, to the point I study their matches. I'll make a list, most of these are off the top of my head. Yes there will be stories as well.

-Hulk Hogan - No

-Bret Hart - No

-Terry Funk - No

-Foley - No

-Regal - No

-Taker - No

-HBK - No

-Eddie Gurerro - No. Though I did get to meet and work with Chavo Gurerro Sr. That was fun..I stopped him from getting into a fight with someone who was in the crowd and met the Gurerro horse.

-Kane - No

-Beniot - No

-Tajiri - No

-Raven - Yes, though to be honest, he was kinda a dick when I met him.

We were both schduled to do a show a show in Oregon and the promoter booked his flight extremely late in the day, then to make matters worse, he booked Brian Christophers's flight a wee bit later after Raven had landed. Well after a little bit, Raven got impatiant and had to get to the show and said screw it and got the person who was giving Raven and Christopher a ride to the show to leave Brian behind.

The person who was driving Raven also had to pick me up as well. I was staying in a Red Lion Hotel in Portland. so she had to go from the Portland airport to the hotel I was at. Unknowing to me, there were 3 Red Lion hotels near the Portland airport and the girl who was driving the van that had Raven in it and was running late had no idea which Red Lion I was staying at. So after about half an hour of confusion, and the girl going to the two hotels I wasn't at first, she finally got to me.

When I get in the van, the first thing I hear from Raven is "You got heat with me kid, you should have told the promoter where you were staying." I tried to defend myself, the driver of the van tried to as well, but he was already annoyed as hell about being late and was starting to stress out, which started to stress out the driver as well. I just sat in the back with my mouth shut because at this point it was just the best thing to do. I understand that he was upset, so I just have an sour experiance when I met him.

The Great Muta - YES! Got to Ref one of his matches.

The Sandman - Yes, got to Ref one of his matches

Gangrel - Yes, Ref'ed quite a few of his matches

D'Lo Brown - Yes, friend of Devil Mountain Wrestling. Where I learned to Referee and was training to wrestle.

Ultimo Dragon - Yes, worked on the same show.

Al Snow - Yes, Ref'ed one of his matches, which was diffently one of the most fun matches I've Ref'ed.

Steiner Bros - Yes, worked the same show.

Team 3D - Yes, worked on the same show.

DDP - Yes, worked on the same show.

The Barbarian - Yes, worked on the same show, very nice guy. Easy to talk to about things.

Slick - Yes, worked on the same show, ribbed me backstage when he could.

Scott Norton - Yes, dude is like a bear, a fucking bear!

Fuck Chris Benoit. And Eddie Guerrero, too, for that matter. That Hashimoto guy is on my list, too.

Somebody's been reading Ring of Hell.

-Raven - Yes, though to be honest, he was kinda a dick when I met him.

Raven was kinda a dick the one time I met him too. Just very much "no talking. Just go so I can move the line ahead"

I don't think I ever actually had a conversation with Raven, but I was around him some, and heard a lot more from others, and yeah: total dick. If you aren't one of his old buddies, he doesn't give a shit. Very aloof character.

I was the one who broke the news to him that Crash Holly had died. Needless to say, I felt kind of bad.

Man, that had to suck. Especially since he felt strongly enough about it that he worked an indy benefit show to buy a tombstone for Crash's grave.

Oddly enough, I did meet Crash once. He was doing the Mad Mikey gimmick in TNA not long before he died, and somehow me and him ended up alone in the back looking at the big dry-erase board they had with the booking for that night's show. It looked exactly what you'd expect a show which was thrown together by Russo that day and then scribbled all over a giant dry erase board would look like, that is to say complicated gibberish. We shared a laugh about how they were either trying too hard or not trying hard enough. Then he died like a couple months later. Bummer. That was early in my Touch Of Death phase.

I don't think I ever actually had a conversation with Raven, but I was around him some, and heard a lot more from others, and yeah: total dick. If you aren't one of his old buddies, he doesn't give a shit. Very aloof character.

I was the one who broke the news to him that Crash Holly had died. Needless to say, I felt kind of bad.

Man, that had to suck. Especially since he felt strongly enough about it that he worked an indy benefit show to buy a tombstone for Crash's grave.

Oddly enough, I did meet Crash once. He was doing the Mad Mikey gimmick in TNA not long before he died, and somehow me and him ended up alone in the back looking at the big dry-erase board they had with the booking for that night's show. It looked exactly what you'd expect a show which was thrown together by Russo that day and then scribbled all over a giant dry erase board would look like, that is to say complicated gibberish. We shared a laugh about how they were either trying too hard or not trying hard enough. Then he died like a couple months later. Bummer. That was early in my Touch Of Death phase.

Yeah, it did suck. I'll never forget how dumbfounded Foley looked when I said that.

Well after a little bit, Raven got impatiant and had to get to the show and said screw it and got the person who was giving Raven and Christopher a ride to the show to leave Brian behind. The person who was driving Raven also had to pick me up as well.

Oh yeah, by the way, be glad you only had to deal with Raven. Brian Christopher is a whole bag of dicks. Hair trigger temper, goofy yet moody, always coked out of his fuckin' mind as far as I could tell.