TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

News You Can (barely) Use

So is WWE basically just trying to get JR to quit or what?

Ross and WWE have always had a high school relationship. The constant breakups and eventual reunions. I don't think Ross will ever truly leave the company until he dies or Vince finally finds a legitimate replacement for him.

I might be able to understand Wal Mart falling for the dupe, but come on...unless the guy was a very good look a like, any one who paid 10 bucks for a photo is the bigger moron.

Hell judging by the photo's up at gerweck I might have been fooled.

Here are the look-a-likes pics - http://www.gerweck.net/news/1214529180.shtml

I might be able to understand Wal Mart falling for the dupe, but come on...unless the guy was a very good look a like, any one who paid 10 bucks for a photo is the bigger moron.

Hell judging by the photo's up at gerweck I might have been fooled.

Here are the look-a-likes pics - http://www.gerweck.net/news/1214529180.shtml

I totally buy him as a top-notch impersonator, but definitely not the real thing.

What do you mean move to MyNetworkTV? In New York, SmackDown has been on that channel since it debuted.

The CW here in Long Island has been showing SD since it became CW. I don't know what NY station you're talking about then...

Vince doesn't like JR, but he has nobody to replace him with. If JR had any guts he would have quit years ago.

JR loves the business, loves his position and makes too much money to quit. Why else would he keep going back?

I'll never forget watching him play Vader's WWF theme music on a guitar back one of the morning shows in 1997. That was pretty awesome.

That was actually in Beyond the Mat, along with the Undertaker's music on a piano.

Likely poached from a pay site, so I'm not going to link the board I'm gleaning this from -

-- WWE's thinking about letting Umaga cut his own promos on television. There have been discussions regarding the possibility. People are buzzing backstage that Umaga will reveal his ability to speak English soon.

-- Former TNA wrestler Ron Killings should be debuting on television next month. At last word, the creative team will let him use his "The Truth" nickname. It should be noted that he's been coming out to his old TNA theme music -- which he owns. He's been working dark matches & house show events since late March.

I wonder how far they'll go with "de-savaging" Umaga considering he has went out of his way with tattooes to live the gimmick.

Regarding Killings, that's good news as well because Kwik Killings was a horrid name. I'm surprised TNA didn't have "The Truth" trademarked. There was a rumor that Killings could debut teaming with D'Lo, I don't know how much I'd like that. Killings is a shit rapper though, hopefully they don't go that route with him.

i have net him -- tats on the face are not real

Carelli, out of character for most of the conversation, indicated that the writing team plans to make Santino a more active player on the RAW landscape.

“I think I may have a new on-screen girlfriend coming up. I’m not sure exactly when or how. But the person they chose is in developmental, and she’s very sexy, you’ll want to hate her. She’d be a really good match. I’m just happy I get to kiss her once in a while,” he laughed.

Pressed for more details, Carelli elaborated a bit further.

“Just in case, she’s not the right person, I don’t want to tell you her name,” he explained. “She’s actually Canadian. I’ll leave it at that.”

He confirmed the early Internet rumors of the stable for Italia’s finest were accurate.

“There’s some talk I might get a stable going,” Santino reflected. “I’d do a little bit of managing, and fighting. I debuted a little older, I’m 34, already been here a year, so I can’t wrestle forever. I did judo for 25 years, so my body is not as fresh as it was before. But I’d like to do some managing down the road, still want to wrestle, I want to do everything to be honest, be involved in everything every step of the way, even management and creative. I want the ball basically.”

Full article - http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2008/06/27/6006136.html

I wonder if Santino talking about all of this means it wont happen. I'm betting the new girl will be developmental Milena Roucka if it still happens. The Bella Twins would make sense as well, but they have the whole twin angle to play. I'd rather see Santino taken a bit more seriously in the ring, however the head raw writer loves comedy and Santino is his pet project at the moment. I could see Nic Nemeth fitting in a Santino led and/or managed stable as well.

- WWE won't be changing its tapings until October at the earliest. The 8/19 Smackdown taping in Moline, IL is confirmed to also feature ECW, and all RAW events through September are listed as not including ECW. WWE has not announced any Smackdown tapings for after September 15th, so the move may happen then. WWE.com had all RAW house shows after August 1st as being with ECW, but that has now changed back to just being RAW.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Hmmm... So what does this mean for the belts?

- WWE won't be changing its tapings until October at the earliest. The 8/19 Smackdown taping in Moline, IL is confirmed to also feature ECW, and all RAW events through September are listed as not including ECW. WWE has not announced any Smackdown tapings for after September 15th, so the move may happen then. WWE.com had all RAW house shows after August 1st as being with ECW, but that has now changed back to just being RAW.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Hmmm... So what does this mean for the belts?

Mid-September is not October at all!

I don't think there is a belt issue. Kane drops the ECW title to one of Big Show(SD) or Mark Henry(ECW). One of HHH or Edge drops their title to give Raw a ME title. Miz/Morrison vs Finlay/Hornswoggle is an all-ECW match, as is Hardy vs Chavo, and both belts will likely be jobbed over to a SD! talent (via the talent exchange) before ECW moves (as will the ECW title on to an ECW talent if Big Show wins it at NOC).

DO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT THE TATTOOS THAT COME OFF HIS FACE WHEN HE WRESTLES AREN'T REAL.

DO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT THE TATTOOS THAT COME OFF HIS FACE WHEN HE WRESTLES AREN'T REAL.

That tattoo artist is so fired.

The way the WWE is treating JR is disgusting and childish. I am in no way a big JR fan, but I can't understand why they keep treating him like dirt. The man has put a lot in the business and has had to overcome a lot too. He has earned the right to be respected.

JR has been one of the top faces in WWE for over a decade. The fans love him. I find his commentary a little corny sometimes, but you can tell he loves the buisness and was super nice when I meet him at a cook book signing. If he quite today, he could really screw Vince over. Adamle sucks, Joey Styles has been burried. Vince deserves a little payback and realize what an asset JR is to the company.

Shit, I live in Tennessee, I know at least eight guys that look more like Austin than that guy.

I think it's worth it since I can download the audio shows and listen to them at work which sure beats hearing 99% of my coworkers yikkedy-yak about Kenny Chesney coming to town. The $10/month doesn't cover the paper versions.

Paraphrased from From PWInsider (though probably from her myspace or something) - Ashley Massaro has asked for her release. She has a seven year old daughter (?? She never mentioned her even on Survivor) who has a pretty serious health issue and Ashely needs to be home with her (she is a single parent), but would like to keep the door open down the line (I'm surprised the girls don't seem to realize that once you pose nekkid the we loses all interest in you).

Paraphrased from From PWInsider (though probably from her myspace or something) - Ashley Massaro has asked for her release. She has a seven year old daughter (?? She never mentioned her even on Survivor) who has a pretty serious health issue and Ashely needs to be home with her (she is a single parent), but would like to keep the door open down the line (I'm surprised the girls don't seem to realize that once you pose nekkid the we loses all interest in you).

I'm awfully skeptical if that is the real reason why she's leaving the company for some reason.

I don't know if this has been posted, but BBC News has an article on Kofi Kingston.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7469398.stm

Concussed in the face? Anyways, I actually had no idea Kofi was... Ghanaian. It's funny, I checked his Wikipedia page a few months ago and he was listed as actually being from Jamaica, but now all of that's been replaced with direct quotes from that article.

It's a gimmick, I don't get what the big deal is. I don't think the wwe has shows in Ghana or Jamaica so it will never be a crowd issue.

Maybe Kofi is a sleeper agent sent in to the wwe by Prince Nana as part of a dastardly plan to take over...

It's a gimmick, I don't get what the big deal is. I don't think the wwe has shows in Ghana or Jamaica so it will never be a crowd issue.

Maybe Kofi is a sleeper agent sent in to the wwe by Prince Nana as part of a dastardly plan to take over...

A new Embassy?

She got voted off on like the 3rd day. And is most likely the victim of the editors; I'm presuming that one of the first things they all talk about is their family (marital status, kids, etc).