TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

News You Can (barely) Use

So according to Da Insidah (per 411) the E is looking to bring back Essa Rios and bring in Damien 666 to appeal more to the Latin base with Rey. Rios is decent, although they need another manager who eventually overshadows him. I haven't seen Damien in action, but I love the gimmick. I don't know how it would translate to American audiences though since most of us aren't big on the Japanese scene. I guess he could imitate other E wrestlers, although I'm not sure how much that would be appreciated in the back.

Eh Damien is alright, but I don't think he'll be recieved well by WWE's crowd. Essa Rios will probably get the Super Crazy treatment, but worse. If WWE really wanted to get the latin base they should bring in LA Park (real La Parka) and push Super Crazy.

Scroby that news is actually from WON, so don't believe it.

Essa Rios would be cool though. The thing to remember though is they don't want these guys to push them to the moon, they just want to keep / attract latino viewers.

I know others hate the Cruiserweight or even an open-weight X-Division type belt, but if they intend on doing the above, it'd be a good time. Otherwise you have a group of guys with no role or direction who'll be treated as nothing more than low-card fodder for the likes of Henry and Kozlov after initial strong pushes. How many viewers can them or a jobbed-to-eternity Super Crazy really bring in anyway, even if they were to rebuild him? With a title they can at least pretend they matter and give them some role, focus and direction in the company. In any case, if WWE is looking for any of them to hold ground whenever Rey goes out or even to replace him when the time comes, none of them are it.

Whatever happened to WWE making a push for Mistico?

I don't remember seeing it before, so sorry if this is rehashed but in a radio interview this week Booker T. revealed that the shampoo commercial feud with Edge was supposed to be a Hair vs. Hair match, however Booker did not want to cut his hair. Mystery of a lame feud starter somewhat revealed.

So according to Da Insidah (per 411) the E is looking to bring back Essa Rios and bring in Damien 666 to appeal more to the Latin base with Rey. Rios is decent, although they need another manager who eventually overshadows him. I haven't seen Damien in action, but I love the gimmick. I don't know how it would translate to American audiences though since most of us aren't big on the Japanese scene. I guess he could imitate other E wrestlers, although I'm not sure how much that would be appreciated in the back.

Eh Damien is alright, but I don't think he'll be recieved well by WWE's crowd. Essa Rios will probably get the Super Crazy treatment, but worse. If WWE really wanted to get the latin base they should bring in LA Park (real La Parka) and push Super Crazy.

Scroby that news is actually from WON, so don't believe it.

Essa Rios would be cool though. The thing to remember though is they don't want these guys to push them to the moon, they just want to keep / attract latino viewers.

Oh well in that case....Fuck that! Lies! All MOTHERFUCKIN LIES!

You play along very well. I like that.

You may recall the WWE folder had another running joke about a certain wrestler doing the occassional job and how a certain poster would get incredibly outraged about it. He seemed completely oblivious to the fact he acted that way which made it less fun (but in a way, more fun).

CM Punk and Cabbageboy?

(I improv very well)

I wasn't oblivious to the CM Punk stuff, but I'm still waiting to hear why I was so wrong. I can see the logic behind Punk doing a job to Jericho, since he is now on Raw and that could be a title feud. The way the Edge storyline played out, Punk's jobbing to him on SD is justified. But doing a clean job to the Miz? Or Regal? Or Matt Hardy on a random SD?

Wasn't the Regal job to set up the whole power mad GM deal Regal had going there?

If we are talking about the KOTR finals, then yes. And Punk had two competitive matches going into the finals, whereas Regal had a short match with Finlay and a squash over Hornswoggle. Punk looked very strong in losing that evening.

I don't why cabbage is bitching about the U.S. Champion getting a fluke roll up victory over CM Punk... It should be noted Matt Hardy jobbed to Punk in the KOTR tournament.

Back to the WGN / ALF thing...

I don't know if what my digital guide is saying is the programming error in question or the programming that led to the confusion, but it shows that Superstation WGN - which has never once aired SmackDown as far as I know - is airing ALF from 8-10 tonight. WGN 9 from Chicago is still listed as showing SD! here and as far as I know, it never wasn't.

Punk is this generation's Van Dam. He's over regardless of who he jobs to and in this situation he was fortunate that the pieces fell into place such that he got a title run out of it.

Damien 666 turned down WWE earlier this week. He's probably making more money in Mexico and is one of the big heels there. Mr. Aguila(essa Rios) would be a good pick up I think. He's gotten bigger and I think would be good for ECW. WWE also wanted Dos Caras Jr. but he turned them down when they wanted him to go to FCW. I don't blame him.

RVD got a title run. Remember how that turned out?

Of course, most of that was his fault.

Given his gimmick, I can't help but chuckle at the prospect of Punk getting arrested for drug possession. I think it'd be hard to take him seriously after that, considering from what I've heard, the straightedge thing is really his lifestyle, not just a gimmick.

Given his gimmick, I can't help but chuckle at the prospect of Punk getting arrested for drug possession. I think it'd be hard to take him seriously after that, considering from what I've heard, the straightedge thing is really his lifestyle, not just a gimmick.

Punk once had a really good story in his old livejournal about getting pulled over by a cop and the cop wanted to search the car.

Wasn't the Regal job to set up the whole power mad GM deal Regal had going there?

Anybody know what was supposed to happen with that if Regal didn't fuck up?

Punk once had a really good story in his old livejournal about getting pulled over by a cop and the cop wanted to search the car.

"What do my knuckles say? DRUG FREE!"

So WWE.com has officially added Natalya vs. Michelle for the Divas title to the GAB card, along with Mark Henry vs. Tommy Dreamer in what appears to be a non-title match.

Yeah, that'll put asses in seats.

Anybody know what was supposed to happen with that if Regal didn't fuck up?

Having a major feud with Kennedy seemed like the idea at the time.

So WWE.com has officially added Natalya vs. Michelle for the Divas title to the GAB card, along with Mark Henry vs. Tommy Dreamer in what appears to be a non-title match.

Yeah, that'll put asses in seats.

I'm guessing/hoping that Tommy wins a match next Tuesday causing the GAB match to be for the title.

The show is already sold out, so yes, it will

Ah, shaddup. You with your fancy "facts" and "information"

Who the fuck needs that?

Hardy Boyz vs Miz/Morrison headline ECW this week. Billed as "One time only" for Hardyz, but I wouldn't be surprised if they won the titles, even if it's just to set-up to a return match at the PPV where Miz and Morrison win them back.

Hardy Boyz vs Miz/Morrison headline ECW this week. Billed as "One time only" for Hardyz, but I wouldn't be surprised if they won the titles, even if it's just to set-up to a return match at the PPV where Miz and Morrison win them back.

Isnt this about the 3rd "One time only!!!" though.