TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

A list of foods I hate

Slim Citrus, there is nothing strange about disliking organs. Organs weren't meant to be eaten, dammit. I think it's just a tradition in some ethnic cultures, like African-American and Mexican.

I talk a lot with my friend's dad, who's a 48 year old Mexican man. He says that, when he was growing up back in Mexico, his parents would utilize every bit of the pig or whatever animal was to be eaten. The outside, inside, and all that shit was cooked and consumed.

Sea urchin

I'd have to agree. I had some fresh sea urchin, but I gotta say that I didn't care for it at all. Gotta be an acquired taste.

Me, I dislike cilantro, but it seems to depend on it's use. I'm good with it in pico, but once that stuff gets the tiniest bit cooked, I seem to have a gag reflex with it. This is a bad thing with pho if I forget to tell the waitress to skip cilantro.

Also, I'm not a big fan of marrow.

Slim Citrus, there is nothing strange about disliking organs. Organs weren't meant to be eaten, dammit. I think it's just a tradition in some ethnic cultures, like African-American and Mexican.

I talk a lot with my friend's dad, who's a 48 year old Mexican man. He says that, when he was growing up back in Mexico, his parents would utilize every bit of the pig or whatever animal was to be eaten. The outside, inside, and all that shit was cooked and consumed.

I like Menudo, which includes tripe among other gross things I don't want to know, but hey I like it. I also like Cow tongue.

I am weird about chicken livers. My mom likes serving them over rice. I have to be in the right mood, sometimes I take a bite and I am ready for more, sometimes I take a bite and get grossed out. I was just at a resteraunt in the bay area that serves chicken hearts on a skewer but I was too full to try them from all the other meats.

Chicken Hearts are tasty if done right. Sounds like you were eating at a Brazilian Churrascaria Mike.

Damnit, now I want to go to a Churrasco, but the nearest one is 3 hours away. I hate this town.

Chicken Hearts are tasty if done right. Sounds like you were eating at a Brazilian Churrascaria Mike.

Damnit, now I want to go to a Churrasco, but the nearest one is 3 hours away. I hate this town.

That might have been it, the place that is a buffet of various top of the line meats on skewers. Plus a kick-ass salad bar with lots of exotic sides & salads? It was the most expensive lunch I have ever had, but damn'd if it was worth it. I went to the one in San Francisco on Market Street, with my wife and a couple of buddies.

Oh I heard each town that has one of these places, has a slightly different theme. That way if you are in a different town, it isn't exactly the same and you still get somewhat of a different experience. I am not sure if they mean food-wise, or the decor-theme or what......!?!

Yeah, that's the ticket. There's lots of them cropping up all over the place now since the idea of meat on a stick rules. Most of them run around 15 dollars a head, but there's some that are super high end places that serve seafood and exotic meats as well that run 50 dollars plus.

I know in Utah there's at least two "brands" Tucano's which sticks to a jungle style theme, Rodizio Grill which is more "Southern Style" as in Southern Brazil that is more "Rancher" style decor.

Churrascaria is the the Portuguese word for Barbeque or barbequeing. Or more specifically a "place that barbeques" but it's used in common expression for backyard grilling as well.

Yeah, that's the ticket. There's lots of them cropping up all over the place now since the idea of meat on a stick rules. Most of them run around 15 dollars a head, but there's some that are super high end places that serve seafood and exotic meats as well that run 50 dollars plus.

I know in Utah there's at least two "brands" Tucano's which sticks to a jungle style theme, Rodizio Grill which is more "Southern Style" as in Southern Brazil that is more "Rancher" style decor.

Churrascaria is the the Portuguese word for Barbeque or barbequeing. Or more specifically a "place that barbeques" but it's used in common expression for backyard grilling as well.

Yeah the one in San Fran.....for lunch it was about $25+ a head......and if you get soda it is per small bottle, so I just got iced tea. I mean it is worth it, don't get me wrong, just not a place I can afford to go frequently......Oh and I totally underestimated just how frequently they bring you more meat choices when the little coaster thing is turned on the green side....

I always get dirty looks from the fam when I go back home, because I hate all manner of organs: no liver, no hearts, no intestines (read: chitterlings aka chit'lins), none of that shit. I'm also not very fond of butter beans, and I have to be in the mood to eat either collard greens or black eyed peas.

In other words, I basically don't like soul food... Aside from fried chicken and cornbread, I can't be bothered.

*Nods knowingly*

Whenever I turn down beans, I generally get the "You adopted?" question/joke. Fun times.

Canned cheese

Easy Cheese or the canned, heat it up for nachos cheese? Because Easy Cheese is a lot cooler than any of us will ever be.

Canned green beans

Canned peas are nastier, but not by much.

With that said, I'm actually surprised that strained peas don't taste all that bad. Mind you, I only try maybe a drop at a time when feeding the baby, so I'm probably just fooling myself.

I hate any non-leafy salad. Pasta salad, macaroni salad, potato salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, coleslaw, even Jello salad...hate all that shit.

Guest !!!

Generally, I hate salad dressing. Hate it. The mere notion of putting something as heavy, thick, and fatty as ranch dressing on a salad seems antithetical to the entire salad-eating process: I want light, fresh, and healthy. A salad needs room to breathe, so I can't employ anything heavier than a few drops of lemon juice. However, I had a really good lime vinaigrette on my salad this evening that I will certainly revisit, as well as possibly a raspberry walnut. Still, though, who the hell are you people putting ranch dressing on salads? Who the hell are you people putting ranch dressing on anything? Vile sludge.

I genuinely thought I was the only person alive who didn't like ranch dressing in any form.

And on that note, I have to tell this story.....again.

June 1, 2007 (I'm unfuckingreal with dates), I walk into work, offering a handshake to the college kid I was to work with that evening. "Rob", I said, "I gotta shake your hand after a recipe like that!" (explanation to follow, I don't want the story to overshadow the ranch tie-in). The thirty-year-old virgin we worked with said "Well, aren't ya gonna shake my hand?" "Sure, but you got a recipe?"

He proceeds to make a marquee with his hands as he shouts in a Vince McMahon voice: "LEMON SQUARES!"

As for the recipe in question: Two nights prior, Rob and I had worked together as well, and we were discussing potatoes. He suggested putting ranch dressing in mashed potatoes, of which I abhorred the thought, but he then threw out suggestions which included dill-pickle brine, which was fantastic.

lima beans

potato salad

fish

spam

sausage

anchovies

liver

eggplant

beets

Guest Vitamin X
Generally, I hate salad dressing. Hate it. The mere notion of putting something as heavy, thick, and fatty as ranch dressing on a salad seems antithetical to the entire salad-eating process: I want light, fresh, and healthy. A salad needs room to breathe, so I can't employ anything heavier than a few drops of lemon juice. However, I had a really good lime vinaigrette on my salad this evening that I will certainly revisit, as well as possibly a raspberry walnut. Still, though, who the hell are you people putting ranch dressing on salads? Who the hell are you people putting ranch dressing on anything? Vile sludge.

I agree, but ranch is good for the novice salad eater who is just getting used to eating healthier food, or hell even just vegetables. Personally, tossing it in some olive oil and a vinaigrette (I have a raspberry now, but I'll usually roll with balsamic) is good. If you want sweet, add some chopped nuts- hazelnut or walnut is best- and some dried cranberries and then a bit of cheese, say goat chevre or feta. THAT'S the good stuff.

Foods I hate (I'm kind of a picky eater):

cole slaw (my most hated food)

onions

tomatoes

most seafood

green beans

lima beans

spinach

brocolli

cauliflower

bell peppers

squash

cabbage

lettuce *I hate it in anything but a salad

collard greens

any kind of salad dressing that's not ranch or French

any kind of organ meat

dark meat chicken or turkey

pork chops

unsweetened cornbread

sweet pickles

Kix cereal

Trix cereal

Bugles (I got sick on them as a kid and have hated them ever since)

Guest Vitamin X

I wonder if anyone has gotten this point yet:

This is a list of foods I hate.