TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

A list of foods I hate

Speaking of cole slaw, my dad made me eat it when I was a tot, insisting I would like it. I vomited aggressively.

A lot of foods I don't like came from my dad making me eat them. Spinach, for example. I've actually come around and now like spinach. Goes to show: let a child's taste develop naturally.

I wonder if anyone has gotten this point yet:

This is a list of foods I hate.

I got it, but without others contributing, this would be even more boring a thread.

As for the dressing thing, I love ranch dressing. I'd dip pizza in that shit. But I rarely consume it anymore due to health reasons andthe fact that all low fat ranch dressings taste like ass. Same with delicious Caesar. Italian's good, though. Fuck raspberry walnut. That stuff disgusts me.

Speaking of cole slaw, my dad made me eat it when I was a tot, insisting I would like it. I vomited aggressively.

A lot of foods I don't like came from my dad making me eat them. Spinach, for example. I've actually come around and now like spinach. Goes to show: let a child's taste develop naturally.

This reminds me; in addition to organs, I also hate cabbage.

I don't mind cabbage in Egg Rolls, but just about every other form it takes is horrid.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Oh god, I love love love cabbage. Raw cabbage, slaw, kraut (sometimes), shredded red cabbage in salads, fried cabbage.

Let me tell you about fried cabbage. Y'take a cabbage. Pull the thin leaves off the outside, and crack open the heart and thick leaves. You get a pan hot as lava with about an 8th of a inch of olive oil in the cocksucker, and fry the thick bits until they soften a little. Add really coarse salt and pepper. Eat while it's hot hot.

That's a food I like..back to foods I hate.

Creamed corn

Generic cheerios (good call, Alf)

I hate any non-leafy salad. Pasta salad, macaroni salad, potato salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, coleslaw, even Jello salad...hate all that shit.

I'll second this notion. I'm not a big fan of the salads drowning in mayo that you find at most BBQs. But I love stuff like pasta salad, broccholi salad, and 3 bean salads that my mom makes when we cookout.

I'm also with Czech on the salad dressing topic - I like those spray dressings. They give you nice flavor, close to no calories, and don't overpower the salad itself.

I'm not a picky eater by any stretch. (My dad and younger brother and sister are the exact opposite) Besides my total hatred of fast food, there is just one thing - lasagna - that I refuse to eat. I've just always hated it, and cannot explain why.

Guest Cal Moriarty
I've probably mentioned this before, but I feel somehow guilty about being Irish and disliking cabbage and corn beef.

I think Irish-Americans just stole corned beef from the Jews, so it's no big deal. Probably for the better; for all the British Isles have accomplished, they can't make food for shit. Better to have salted meat associated with Irish cuisine than oatmeal with pork fat or something.

Guest Vitamin X

WHAT? Mushrooms are amazing. Portobellos, shiitakes, maiitakes, fucking truffles and morels! I mean, I guess I could see regular old button/crimini mushrooms being boring, but anyone who doesn't like mushrooms clearly hasn't been exposed to enough culinary art.

Probably for the better; for all the British Isles have accomplished, they can't make food for shit. Better to have salted meat associated with Irish cuisine than oatmeal with pork fat or something.

Lies. Fish and chips, scotch eggs, shepherd's pie. All three are spectacular.

Mushrooms have gradually over the course of the past ten years have become my favorite vegetable. There are few better pizza toppings. And a portabella is one of the few worthy options for a meatless burger.

Dude, they're a fungus, not a vegetable.

Here's a joke to help you remember:

Mushroom walks into a bar and the bartender says "We don't serve your kind in here." and the mushroom says "Why not? I'm a fungi." (fun guy)

Dude, they're a fungus, not a vegetable.

Here's a joke to help you remember:

Mushroom walks into a bar and the bartender says "We don't serve your kind in here." and the mushroom says "Why not? I'm a fungi." (fun guy)

A high school science teacher of mine used to tell that one all the time.

You know what I hate now? Cheetos. I used to eat them (not like, an inordinate amount, but sure, I'd have some Cheetos then and now), particularly Flamin' Hots. Now I can't eat the fuckers. It's the texture. I get this paste built up on my teeth, shit gets all over my fingers... the whole thing is just not cool.

Texture is very important to me in what foods I like and dislike. It why I can't eat a tomato, but enjoy most all tomato based products. I love the hell out of Butterfingers, but the texture just kills it for me. (I guess that's why they made Butterfinger Crisp).

You're exactly like me when it comes to texture. I can't stand anything with tomato on it, but if it's tomato based... I'm all about it.

Guest Vitamin X

I like both of them. Carrots can be quite delicious steamed with a bit of butter, or just raw and cleaned with some ranch. They're not great all on their own, unless they're grated and put on something else to complement it.

As for cukes I mean, they're great for sandwiches and salads. And you can make pickles out of them, all you need is water, salt, and white vinegar, then whatever you want to do with them. I used chopped fresh dill, a clove of garlic, and some cracked black pepper.

Guest WhackingCockDick

Don't knock the mighty cucumber. Its cooling effect amidst all the jalapenos and giardiniera I put on my sandwiches cannot be underestimated. Plus, as mentioned, they can be upgraded to pickles!

Carrots are delicious raw and miserable cooked. It's like someone dropped baby food in my soup.

Since I've usually had some form of beard for the past 5 or 6 years, I can't chew bubble gum myself. Or actually, I could chew it, but not blow bubbles with it, so I've switched to chewing gum. This seems to lose it's flavor faster, but when that happens, I don't spit it out. I just add another piece. After a few packs, it's like chewing a big, soggy sock. My jaws ache and I can't close my lips, so I wheeze through my open mouth and drool. An orifice is an amusing thing, all right.

Mushrooms have gradually over the course of the past ten years have become my favorite vegetable. There are few better pizza toppings. And a portabella is one of the few worthy options for a meatless burger.

Mushroom, garlic, tomato and cheese has become one of my favourite pizza's. Awesome.