TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Exslade ZX

TSM Superhero Draft

Oh wow. Shows I'm a little out of the loop. If my team ends up like a wacky sitcom, I can do the mistaken identities with the two, causing much hijinx and hilarity.

Well it just happened this week. So it's all good.

This pick is a bit of a stretch I know, but this is a character who could have been a real powerhouse if he hadn't of died (stupidly I might add, but that's another topic for another day). His power is that he can use any power of anybody around him makes him one tough customer in this draft. From Generation X, I give you Synch

200px-Synch_003.jpg

My team needs a relentless psycho path who'll stop at nothing to make his enemies weak.

Green_goblin2.jpg

Norman Osborne, The Green Goblin, is one of marvels longest reigning super villans (With word that he's coming back in the brand new day series). This guy's got pumpkin bombs that will turn your brain to mush, and if he can't beat you head to head he'll kill your wife to give himself the advantage.

"The chemical solution devised by Norman Osborn from a formula originally conceived by Professor Mendel Stromm, that turned Norman Osborn into the Green Goblin, bestowed upon him superhuman strength, speed, stamina and durability rivaling that of Spider-Man. Additionally, Osborn is capable of healing from damage that would be lethal to a normal person to a limited degree. Aside from his physical advantages, the serum also greatly enhanced Norman's already highly above average intellect, making him a bona fide genius capable of making progress in advanced areas of genetics, robotics, engineering, and applied chemistry."

Hrmm. I'm wondering right now if I'm the only person here whom hasn't even contemplated taking a villain in this allegedly superhero draft... Oh well, it's not that serious; anyway, here's my next pick:

Icon.jpg

Icon

Don't know if anyone else here has ever read Milestone Comics, but basically, Icon can do almost everything that Superman can do, plus shoot energy bolts from his hands, and is also functionally immortal.

On behalf of Nate:

The Human Torch

Htorch.PNG

^ that's just a sweet picture.

"The Human Torch gained a number of superhuman powers as a result of the mutagenic effects of the cosmic radiation he was exposed to, all of which are related to fire/plasma. His primary power is the ability to envelop his entire body in fiery plasma without harm to himself, in which form he is able to fly and to generate powerful streams and/or 'balls' of fire. He can also manipulate his flame in such a way as to shape it into rings, cages, etc. Even when not engulfed in flame himself, the Torch has the ability to control any fire within his immediate range of vision, causing it to increase or decrease in intensity or to move in a pattern directed by his thoughts. Additionally, he is able to absorb fire/plasma into his body with no detrimental effects (he once absorbed the entire fireball of a nuclear explosion)."

multiple.jpg

Jamie Maddox - Multiple Man

He's a great hand. He wouldn't be the leader because he tends to have trouble keeping things together, but he's a useful tool (strength in numbers, right?).

So, I looked over my team and realized I didn't have a female on it. Well.. in realizing that I needed another hand-to-hand fighter and marksman, I choose:

440px-Domino442.jpg

Domino

My next pick is in the vein of Batman...he's an obscenely wealthy sociopath who uses his resources (money and technology) to fight a war on crime. He's extremely well trained in all forms of combat, has gadgets ranging from hand weapons to fighter aircraft as his disposal, secret bases world wise, and gets super power from the Egyptian gods...

I bring you the Moon Knight.

Moon_knight_inline_3.jpg

My next pick, someone who I think of as a steal this far in.

Firestorm (Jason Rusch)

284198-79615-firestorm_super.jpg

Even though he's fairly new in the grand scheme of things, I consider him (Jason) the more powerful of the two. And just powerful in general. Powers include:

-Possesses the ability to transmute both organic and inorganic matter with ease. This ability is limited by his will, imagination, and scientific knowledge. It is not limited by weight or volume.

-Can shoot concussive force, heated or charged particles, and powerful 'fusion blasts.'

-Possesses quark vision, allowing him atomic interactions and the structure of molecules.

-Can see the ultraviolet spectrum.

-Can see and detect thermal signatures.

-Possesses microscopic and telescopic vision.

-Superhuman speed in flight. He can fly up to speeds of 600 mph.

-Possesses limited superhuman strength. He can lift up to at least 10 tons.

-Possesses limited superhuman durability.

-Possesses superhuman reflexes and reaction time.

-Can easily regenerate injuries many times faster than normal human beings.

-Possesses elemental reconstruction.

-Can self-sustain himself for extended periods of time with food or water. He can survive in space without equipment.

-Can become intangible and phase through solid objects and energy without any harm. This ability is a more stable version of Ronnie's.

-Can playback memories of the Firestorm Matrix.

-Possesses the ability of limited timesight, allowing him to see the Matrix's past or future while dreaming.

-Has a psychic connection with the Elemental Firestorm.

My next pick is an odd one, kinda-ish.

440px-Darwin442.jpg

Darwin

Darwin has the ability to adapt to any situation he finds himself in. Stuck underwater? He grows gils. The lights go out? He can see in the dark. Stuck in a poisoned room? The mothafucka can breath it in. The dude would be a great addition to my team, as I'm sure he'd need to get himself and the rest of his teammates out of a pickle they more than likely caused.

I'm going to go with Deadpool's buddy, and an old friend of Apocalypse!

2379977540_e3ee7c25d0.jpg

Cable.

"Cable was born with vast telepathic and telekinetic abilities, which were limited by his need to restrain his techno-organic infection. His techno-organic body parts possesses enhanced strength and durability, and his techno-organic eye gives him enhanced eyesight, allowing him to see further than a normal human and in the infrared spectrum. He is also able to interface his techno-organic body parts with machinery, using them to hack into computers and open electronic locks."

My other pick will be none other than..

2274453199_ee1638e6ef.jpg

Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze).

"Ghost Rider has superhuman strength and durability, as well as the ability to project and control Hellfire, which can sear the soul as well as burn the flesh. He can shape his Hellfire into a mystical motorcycle capable of traveling over water and up vertical surfaces. He is also immune to any mystical attacks that are specific to beings with living souls."

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit, my next pick and backup were chosen in the SAME pick? What are the fuckin odds?

All right...my trump card.

jughead.jpg

Dude...the dude's proper as hell.

I'm sorry. Bad joke. My REAL next pick:

250px-Daredevil46.jpg

Typhoid Mary

Because every team needs a psycho chick with pyrokinetic, telekinetic, and psionic hypnotic powers.

Am I right? Or am I fuckin' right?

My next pick? Quite possibly the baddest Bastich in the multiverse.

Lobo

156490-189706-lobo_super.jpg

(For the sake of keeping this thread work friendly, figured I'd change the picture >_>)

"Spit out of Heaven and Hell, Lobo is the last Czarnian, and the universe's best bounty hunter. As a boy at the age of 17 he created a plague just to kill everyone else on his planet"

That...that is just awesome. Plus the Main Man is super strong, surprisingly fast, and of course tough as hell. When some "bastich" can actually hurt him, Lobo is able to heal absurdly quick. Lobo is able to survive the rigors of space without food or air, although he needs booze regularly. Not for survival, just because. He can also smoke cigars in airless space, because he needs his cigars. He was also able to create copies of himself from a single drop of blood. His weapon of choice is a chain and hook, and his preferred mode of transport is his "space hog". Lobo has an unbelievably good sense of smell that allows him to find anyone within a few solar systems.

Not to mention, I'd just personally love to see the 'hi jinx' that would ensue between Lobo, Mxyzptlk, and Deathstroke. I could see Mxy and Lobo arguing as Deathstroke looks on sternly (with his one eye), or Deathstroke/Lobo having a contest over who gets the most kills. Fun for everyone.

(And I don't know who Typhoid Mary is, but if these last two picks don't look like one hell of a couple...)

I'D go to the wedding.

I too look forward to my team just going crazy. For the most part, it'll be like a kindergarten class, with Prof. X being the teacher who's in way over his head; The Joker, Typhoid Mary, Black Widow and Carnage just going apeshit and wrecking stuff while Darwin and Gambit watch and laugh, but don't really help. If any thing, they're egging the others on.

I love my team.

...wow...that sounded pretty lame...

So I needed a telepath...

gq.jpg

From wiki:

Since Madelyne was cloned from Jean Grey's DNA, she was essentially another version of Jean, and possessed Jean's telekinetic and telepathic abilities. As Goblin Queen, her powers were exponentially enhanced by demonic magic to the point where her telekinesis could warp reality in a localized area, and her telepathy could alter the minds of a population within that area. After her resurrection by X-Man (Nate Grey), Madelyne's telepathy was reduced to a much lower level, limiting her to reading minds, communicating by broadcasting her thoughts, creating minor illusions, changing or erasing some memory in another person, and defending herself against other telepaths. Her telekinetic abilities remained at high levels; such that Madelyne could move, lift and manipulate large objects or even rearrange objects on a molecular level, channel her telekinetic powers to fire powerful mental force-blasts, focus her psionic energy into a protective shield, and levitate herself in order to fly. Madelyne also developed powers that Jean never possessed. She was able to teleport over long distances by psychokinetically shunting herself in and out of the astral plane (and was shown to be able to carry along at least one other person with her when teleporting). Madelyne could also siphon psionic energies from other psionic mutants and then use the stolen energy to boost her own powers, or channel the energy into someone else (usually Nate Grey, and Cable) to temporarily increase their psionic abilities. A few stories have also shown Madelyne able to utilize her powers to greatly enhance her physical strength and agility, to the level of being a lethal hand-to-hand combatant.

So I get all the powers of Jean Grey plus teleportation, stealing psionic powers and super strength in the form of a hot chick?

Sign me up!

Hrmm. I'm wondering right now if I'm the only person here whom hasn't even contemplated taking a villain in this allegedly superhero draft... Oh well, it's not that serious;

My understanding was always that it's a comic book character draft... the threads just called superhero draft for some reason.

For my next pick I have decided that my team needs a battle cordinator and who better then.....

Nightwing

Nightwing.jpg

Nightwing (like his mentor Batman) has many different gadgets that he uses to defeat his enemies. Most of the gadgets are in the form of small boomerangs; some of them explode, some spread liquid nitrogen to freeze objects, and some are just sharp, which he uses to disarm but not kill. Along with his boomerangs he has a grappling gun, a taser and a retractable quarter staff which measures at six feet long at maximum length and one foot long at minimum length. Nightwing has trained in many different martial arts including Hapkido, Tae-Kwon-Do, Jeet Kune Do, Kumdo, Escrima, Tai Chi, Hapkido, Wing Chun, Aikido, Ninjutsu, Kempo, Karate, Jujutsu, and Judo. Nightwing is also an experienced gymnast and spent several years of his youth in the circus. Along with skills with gadgetry and martial arts, Nightwing is exceedingly intelligent. He uses his detective skills and tactics to out think physically superior opponents.

On the I.Q. scale, Nightiwng is a bit below Batman's near genius level, but he is in no way a slouch. With regards to his detective skills, they are second only to the Dark Knights. What he lacks in raw intelligence, he makes up for in superb leadership skills.

His current costume houses numerous concealed devices: swing lines, med.-kit, tazer, etc., all of which are contained in his gauntlets and boots. Also included in the suit are holsters, located on his back, for a pair of escrima fighting sticks.