TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Exslade ZX

TSM Superhero Draft

Rorschach2.jpg

Rorschach

Yeah, he's just an ordinary human in a scary outfit. However, he's also a raging psychopath, who strikes suddenly with surprising brutality. He's brilliant when it comes to hand to hand combat, and he's an excellent detective. He knew there was something fishy going on in Watchmen long before anyone else even considered that heroes were being systematically removed. The downside to Rorschach is that he sees everything in very stark black and white, with no shades of gray. He can be difficult to work with. But he has displayed strong loyalty (particularly to Nite Owl) and he's driven to see justice through to the end. I think Wolverine and Emma Frost would do a lot to keep him in line, and if Rorschach got out of control with his own agenda, Wolverine could be prepared to stop him if need be.

Morbius.JPG

Morbius

Nobel Prize-winning biochemist Dr. Michael Morbius discovered he was dying, a rare disorder dissolving his blood cells. Not wanting to distress his fiancée Martine, Morbius began secretly working on a cure. With the aid of his partner Emil Nikos, Morbius attempted using distilled fluids from bats to stay his disease. While experimenting with such serums on board his yacht, Morbius had Nikos run an electrical shock through his system. The combination profoundly changed Michael's body, transforming him into something resembling a vampire. Now driven by a blinding hunger for blood, Morbius slew Nikos, but stopped short of draining his friend's body. Fearful that he would strike at Martine next, Michael tried ending his life by jumping into the sea, but self-preservation led him to escape the water's embrace.

Nightwing was one I really wanted too, but I kept waiting for him in later rounds. Although, looking back some of the people I just got because of their powers probably would have fallen later. I don't think Amazo or Beta Ray Bill were really tops on the list of anybody.

Nightwing was one I really wanted too, but I kept waiting for him in later rounds. Although, looking back some of the people I just got because of their powers probably would have fallen later. I don't think Amazo or Beta Ray Bill were really tops on the list of anybody.

I had them on my list but not for a couple of more rounds. I thought Beta Ray Bill and Amazo were going to be steals late.

How are we deciding who has the best teams in the end? Is it the team with the coolest collection or the team that would win a fight?

Since everyone's been picking mystics and psychics, I'm going to need somebody on my team that can go toe to toe with any of them. Thus, I give you the test tube child of Scott Summers and Jean Grey.

xman1.jpg

Nate Grey "X-Man" has the genetics and powers identical to Cable's, but he doesn't have to concentrate his power on fighting the techno-organic virus, and can use his psychic abilities to their full extent. To take a look at the extent of his powers:

"X-Man has the ability to tap into the enormous psychic resources of the astral plane in order to manipulate matter and energy. This grants him incredible psychic powers including telepathy and telekinesis. He can use his telepathy to read minds and even read residual thought imprints left on objects touched by people (psychometry), communicate with others by broadcasting his thoughts, control minds, create illusions by altering the perceptions of others, fire psionic blasts that can scramble an opponent's thought processes (causing the victim either intense pain, or rendering them unconscious), project his mind into the astral plane and even pull the astral projections of other telepaths into the physical world, and sense dimensional rifts or anomalies.

His telekinesis allows him to move, levitate, and manipulate matter by using his thoughts, create defensive shields by focusing his telekinetic energies around himself and others, and channel his psychic powers into explosive psionic force blasts. By levitating himself, he can fly at amazing speeds, and he can phase through solid matter by mentally shifting the object's molecules around his as he moves forward. His mental fine motor skills are so acute that he can mentally manipulate dust particles and water vapor to refract lightwaves and create holograms. He also has creative uses of his powers such as using his telekinesis to channel the Earth's magnetic field through the electrocurrent of his brain and generate devastating electromagnetic pulses. X-Man even learned that he could use his telekinesis to transport himself into other dimensions by mentally bending the dimensional barriers that separate one reality from another."

On behalf of Mystery Eskimo, The always lovable, greatest hero you've never heard of:

Booster Gold

85905-194953-booster-gold_super.jpg

"Booster Gold, in his original incarnation, possessed a Legion Flight Ring, Brainiac 5's Force Field Belt, a power suit granting him enhanced strength, and wrist projectors that allow him to release powerful force bolts.

He has since had many other suits, but his most recent provides all the same functions that his original suit and technology provided."

AH! Booster is another Nightwing situation for me. Since before the draft started I wanted to get him in a late round. Booster was one of my favorites even before he got more credibility in 52. The first Justice League books I read weren't the superteam ones, but the ones that had Booster involved.

Those early Justice League books with Giffen, DeMattis, and Maguire were great. I recently picked up a ton of them online. The only thing that makes them feel dated is the references to Reagan and the USSR. If you can blank out on them they are great.

Those early Justice League books with Giffen, DeMattis, and Maguire were great. I recently picked up a ton of them online. The only thing that makes them feel dated is the references to Reagan and the USSR. If you can blank out on them they are great.

Totally. I was a huge Batman fan like all the other kids, but no one knew why I was always liked Booster Gold more than Superman.

Ok, Like I said I would have loved Captain America, and even Batman if I could have gotten him, but unfortunately I didn't have the early pick. well this pick is going to be my Batman pick, somebody who can be the master strategist and hand to hand combat technician. He'll be a bit of a strain on the other members, but will come in handy in a fight. And as he will fight dirtier then any character on this board. From the Authority, I give you....

7864_400x600.jpg

Midnighter

My next pick was probably not on anyone's radar, but he's got powers like Jean Grey plus intelligence and wealth like Lex Luthor. He's also the first pick from the Valiant Universe:

Toyoharadaprofile.jpg

Toyo Harada

Amateur...I have the whole run of all the Giffen/JMD titles.

Ok, Like I said I would have loved Captain America, and even Batman if I could have gotten him, but unfortunately I didn't have the early pick. well this pick is going to be my Batman pick, somebody who can be the master strategist and hand to hand combat technician. He'll be a bit of a strain on the other members, but will come in handy in a fight. And as he will fight dirtier then any character on this board. From the Authority, I give you....

7864_400x600.jpg

Midnighter

This might be the steal of the draft. I've been thinking about him each pick and missed out :(

Amateur...I have the whole run of all the Giffen/JMD titles.

Well, the nearest comic shop is almost 3 hours away. So it is not that easy to get older comics. I have found that Midtowncomics.com is a great comic provider and I order from them about every month to a month and a half.

Alright, I am definately grabbing a favorite of mine here so I don't lose him...

robin.jpg

Since people are drafting different people as the character, this is Tim Drake.

For the next round, I can't decide if I like this pick or not, but what the hell...

galactus.jpg

Galactus, bitches

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to grab Galactus, I'm shocked it took this long.

The Saint of Killers from Preacher.

sofkillers.jpg

Magneto is badass cause he did this. Wolverine is badass cause he did that...this guy shot the Devil in the face. Killed him, DEAD. Oh, killed God as well

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to grab Galactus, I'm shocked it took this long.

Well, when you're looking at a team, he's pretty much the exact opposite of that. Someone will go "hey, where's Galactus" and someone else will say "well, he's off snacking on planets AGAIN". Never around when you need him, y'know?

All kidding aside, I like the pick.