TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Exslade ZX

TSM Superhero Draft

Well, three of the FF have gone by the wayside, but I figured why not get someone who has ALL the powers of the FF. He was recently part of Annihilation and thus far hasn't been part of Secret Invasion, but nonetheless I'm picking

52-Annihilation004_SKRULL.jpg

Kl'rt, the original Super Skrull

Ok, with the next pick in the draft, I select a man who has the power of GOD at his finger tips. A saintly man to combat the darkness of Midnighter. Somebody divine. I choose...

pope-500x800.jpg

Pope John Paul II

(Just Kidding, real pick will follow :D )

Seriously this time. You can blame Starvenger for this pick. He suggested this character and I couldn't shake her out of my head. A pairing between them and Midnighter will make a formidable team to carry out stealth missions. My real next pick is...

440px-Mystique442.jpg

Mystique

I don't want my team to seem sexist, and besides they might need a piece of ass to pass around.

442px-Elektra_small.jpg

In all seriousness though, Elektra is a skilled fighter and assassin. Keep one eye open at night, other teams!

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to grab Galactus, I'm shocked it took this long.

Well, when you're looking at a team, he's pretty much the exact opposite of that. Someone will go "hey, where's Galactus" and someone else will say "well, he's off snacking on planets AGAIN". Never around when you need him, y'know?

All kidding aside, I like the pick.

You know, it was kinda what I was thinking when I picked him, but figured I can't really pass on him.

Also, for shame for not really taking the Pope... here's to hoping he drops back to me in the next round. My team could use his Super-Dino Pope Powers.

I'm in a rush, so if this picture's no good, I'll post a better one later... I've "technically" got all the heavy hitters I need, but one more can't hurt too bad, plus he's my favorite character in comics:

SavageDragon.jpg

Savage Dragon

psylocke.jpg

Psylocke.

Yeah, I know I already have a telepath, but Psylocke kicks ass. She teams well with fellow martial artists such as Iron Fist and Wolverine, and can assist Emma in coordinating the team. Besides, Rorschach can use all the supervision he can get.

So.. I've decided that as much as I believe in Hal being team leader, I feel as if the team could use someone that's not only going to lead them into battle but someone that will fight on the front lines with them. A man that is keenly intelligent and perceptive and quite capable of totally selfless acts in support of his team-mates. So, for the team leader of my squad I choose:

OriginalTeam_Hawk2.jpg

Hawk

With my next selection I decided that I needed a member of the Green Lantern Corps. With Hal and Kyle gone I have decided that Guy Gardner is a great pick for the team.

His ring can do anything that he wills it to. The yellow impurity is now gone as well. He doesn't lack for confidence either. Plus his bar makes a great hangout to come up with battle plans. Just make sure you bring your ID, as the new Blue Beetle discovered.

7147_400x600-thumb.jpg

Guy Gardner

more info later, but I'm gonna pick another Spider Man villain

440px-Kraven_Head.jpg

Kraven

Kraven was a maniacal big game hunter who sought to defeat Spider-Man to prove that he was the greatest hunter in the world. Unlike other hunters, he typically disdained the use of guns or bow and arrows preferring to take down large dangerous animals with his bare hands even though he often made elaborate preparations to weaken a quarry before hand. He also used a mystical serum to give him similar strength to Spider-Man, but even without the serum he was a threat to the wall-crawler. However, Kraven's continual underestimation of the superhero's resourcefulness made him a frustrating quarry

No, I think Steviekick is next. Looks like a few drafts were made out of order?

Yea, Steviekick is next. (Although I can draft now as 12 hours is up.)

I just had posted one of Nate's picks from the list he gave me, but I guess he didn't see it, and posted one anyways. So I just deleted what I posted, and now it looks out of order.

But it's Stevie's/my turn.

Anyways, I've got quite a few powerhouses on my team, and it's time to add another. Once I saw Savage Dragon taken, I knew I had to go ahead and pick him. Kyle Rayner being my favorite hero, and being out, he's my answer to him, as their characters are fairly similar in a lot of ways.

Invincible

83569-10608-invincible_super.jpg

Invincible has super human strength (over 400 tons), speed, flight, and as his name states, invulnerability due to him being half human, half Viltrumite. Due to his hybrid nature he is not as strong as a true Viltrumite, but it is expected that as he grows, so will his powers. By pushing his powers to the limits he is able to accelerate them

Sorry for holding this up...no one PM'd me.

My next pick...Superboy Prime

Superboyic6.PNG

Between Cap's no bullshit leadership approach, Sentry and Orion being two of the few people who can kick the shit out of him, Sandman's mind manipulation and Spider-Woman's pheromones, I should have one of the best killing machines in recent DC under control.

I thought about Superboy Prime but assumed he counted as an alternate version of Superman. Not so?

No. We'll let it slide as even though his name is 'Clark Kent' as he's always been an alternate version of Superboy pretty much, until recently, which to my understanding is because of some copyright problems or something.

So short answer, no, we'll count him as "Superboy"

I also want power and I'm going to go with two guys who will provide beatdowns..

LukeCage-IronFistWolverine.jpg

Luke Cage.

and..

colossus_2.sized.jpg

Colossus.