TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Exslade ZX

TSM Superhero Draft

If this were two months ago, she probably wouldn't have even been on my radar. But with her newfound powers, I think she'd be a pretty good asset to any team. Plus, I don't have a woman yet.

Vixen

90897-2847-vixen_large.jpg

Vixen possesses the Tantu Totem, which magically enhances or helps Vixen control her innate animal mimicking ability. In the past, Vixen has mimicked the telepathic and physical abilities of Gorilla Grodd, the flight of a hawk, the swimming ability of a dolphin, the speed of a cheetah, the echo-location of a bat, the wall-crawling of a spider, the jumps of a cricket, the constriction of an anaconda, the strength of a bull elephant (12 tons), the senses of a wolf, the agility of a monkey, the debilitating shock of an electric eel, the regenerative abilities of earthworms, and the ability to spit venom like a spitting cobra.

And more recently she can endow herself with the powers or weapons of other superhuman beings within her immediate vicinity. With a team with Superman, Black Adam, Invincible, even Mxy, she's got plenty of power to absorb, and she'd be pretty tough to beat.

I'm picking everyone's favorite super hero child, Franklin Richards

Universe%201994%20195.jpg

Franklin Richards is a mutant with vast psionic powers. His abilities are so great that he can create "pocket" universes in alternate realities. (A "pocket" universe is a cosmos that does not equal our own in size.) When Franklin achieves the conscious use of his full powers, he will have telepathic powers, tremendous telekinetic powers, the ability to fire enormously powerful energy blasts, and the ability to rearrange the molecular structure of matter, even up to a cosmic scale. Franklin Richards has imposed mental blocks within his own mind to prevent him from using most of his psionic potential while he is still such a young child. It is possible that the strength of these blocks has faded over time, or that they cannot prevent him from utilizing his full powers unconsciously, as he did in creating the alternate reality to which he dispatched his parents and others following their clash with Onslaught. The mental blocks also work only when Franklin is in his physical body; his astral form can apparently use all of his psionic potential if it has separated from his physical form.

The mental blocks did not restrict Franklin from using his precognitive abilities, which manifest themselves in his dreams, enabling him to envision possible future events. Although there are countless possible futures, Franklin foresees the most probable future path, and therefore his predictions usually come true. Franklin seemingly cannot foresee events more than roughly a few days in the future. Franklin's precognitive power developed to the point at which he could see images of future events even when he's conscious.

Franklin also developed the ability to place himself in a trance-like state while remaining fully conscious. While he is in this trance, he can project an intangible, ghostlike image of himself to another location, through which he can see and hear what goes on at that location. What Franklin has called the "dreams" he has while in this state are not truly dreams, but his conscious awareness of the environment into which he has projected his "dream-self." It is not yet known how far Franklin can project his "dream-self" away from his physical body, but he has projected it onto a planet while his physical body was in a starship high above the planet's surface.

With my next pick I choose.....the Winter Soldier.

440px-Winter_soldier.jpg

The Winter Soldier possesses a bionic left arm, which increases his strength to superhuman levels. His main abilities involve

skilled hand-to-hand combatant, and he is an extremely accurate marksman.

With my next pick I choose.....the Winter Soldier.

440px-Winter_soldier.jpg

The Winter Soldier possesses a bionic left arm, which increases his strength to superhuman levels. His main abilities involve

skilled hand-to-hand combatant, and he is an extremely accurate marksman.

So, it's Misty Knight reincarnated as a white guy?

Scarlet_Witch_Ultimate.jpg

Scarlet Witch

She's hot. She's deadly and well..she's hot...oh, and just a tad crazy.

Just to clarify, are you using 616 Wanda or Ultimate Wanda?

So much for the only rule that Marvel actually lived by: "Only Bucky stays dead."

I always thought that was a Wizard quote, actually...

my pick could easily be a dark horse pick, the son of Magneto and the sister of The Scarlet Witch:

440px-Homqksil.jpg

QUICKSILVER

Quicksilver possesses superhuman speed, and can travel on foot at speeds exceeding the speed of sound for hundreds of miles before tiring; he can "fly" for brief periods by flapping his arms; he can also use his speed to create cyclones, and run up walls and across water.

This guy was trained by hitler, man!

270px-Red-skull-2.jpg

I'm taking the Red Skull post his mind being transplanted into a Catpain America clone. Right? Ya, I think that's how it happened. So there we go, the powers of Captain America and the political intelligence of Adolf Hitler.

I don't know how widely read Garth Ennis's The Boys is, but I've enjoyed it a lot, so I'm drafting the leader of The Boys, Billy Butcher.

thebutcher.jpg

The Boys are a black ops team put together to monitor and at times control the world's superheroes.

Butcher's description from wiki:

He is physically large and incredibly violent, and, like all of The Boys, possesses super strength. A bulldog named Terror is his constant companion. He is perfectly happy to blackmail, brutalise, torture and murder if it achieves his goals; he can also be very sociable, to the same ends, with Mother's Milk stating every word he says is calculated to that end. He seems to get pleasure from killing superheroes; the slaughter of 150 of them in #14 left him humming Ode To Joy all day.

I got skipped? I don't remember getting a PM but, whatever. Still on me for not checking the board, I guess...

adamhughesblackcanarycomicbookposter.jpg

Black Canary

Top-flight combatant, highly respected strategist, and she can pull off fishnets.

I don't know how widely read Garth Ennis's The Boys is, but I've enjoyed it a lot, so I'm drafting the leader of The Boys, Billy Butcher.

I'll be honest - never read The Boys, so I have no idea who the fuck Billy Butcher is. However if we're giving an award out for "most eclectic team" then Mystery Eskimo takes it easily. And I do mean that as a compliment.

I was thinking that I needed to add an Omega-level mutant to my team. And who better than the last available Original X-Man?

Iceman.jpg

From Marvel.com:

Iceman is able to lower his external and internal body temperature without harm to himself, thereby radiating intense cold from his body. Iceman is able to reach -105 degrees Fahrenheit within a few seconds, and is immune to sub-zero temperatures around him.

In addition, Iceman can freeze any moisture in the air around him into unusually hard ice, and thereby form simple objects such as slides, ladders, shields, and bats. Iceman can also augment his ice form with extraneous moisture to enhance his strength and durability, and can reshape his body's ice form at will by using any available moisture from his surrounding environment. Similarly, Iceman can rebuild his ice form if any part of it is broken or if it is shattered completely without suffering any permanent damage.

Awww man, he was definitely in the running for my final pick. Have always been a fan. Not to mention he was part of my kick ass Fire/Ice combo of him and Human Torch in Ultimate Alliance.

Well, I'm gonna go with a big name that has yet to be picked and even though I can think of some better, I think I will follow it with a "Dark Horse" (pun intended) guilty pleasure who I am not sure if he is on anyone's list, but what the heck?

Hawkman-Poster-C10097472.jpeg

Hawkman

and

Msktpb.jpg

Yea, in the rules I said try to keep it to those of comic fame, not so much TV/Movie whatever.

But whatever, last round, so screw it. You can pick whoever you want. (Still using logic of course, don't pick anybody already picked, but if Captain Planet is your drug of choice, or a Ninja Turtle, as has been mentioned, go ahead.)

Yea, in the rules I said try to keep it to those of comic fame, not so much TV/Movie whatever.

But whatever, last round, so screw it. You can pick whoever you want. (Still using logic of course, don't pick anybody already picked, but if Captain Planet is your drug of choice, or a Ninja Turtle, as has been mentioned, go ahead.)

Oops. I didn't realize picks like the Mask and the Turtles weren't allowed. I had seen the GI Joe pick at one point and figured this would be fine, as the Mask was a pretty violent comic for a few years before being adapted into the "kid-friendly" movie. I don't mind replacing the pick if no one else cares, I had a few other good ones in mind, probably a lot better than the Mask. Just felt like throwing someone a little different in and was going between the Mask and a non-Turtle character closely related to the Turtles.... guess it's good I didn't go for him.