TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

What isn't stale in the WWE?

I've gotta say that I'm much more interested in the championship landscape of RAW than I was one week ago.

Punkwins.jpg

Kofi.jpg

DiBiaseRhodes.jpg

(And I'll never get tired of Mickie)

womchmp.jpg

I've gotta say that I'm much more interested in the championship landscape of RAW than I was one week ago.

Punkwins.jpg

Kofi.jpg

DiBiaseRhodes.jpg

(And I'll never get tired of Mickie)

womchmp.jpg

QFT.

I had a casual wrestling fan over for UFC last night. I asked him if he's been keeping up on Raw (the only show he watches due to mild habit than anything else). He said he fell asleep during the draft show and missed last week's ep.

"So, CM Punk won the World Championship."

"What? Wow, did he beat HHH for it?"

"Nevermind. Remember that little Jamaican guy who wrestled a dark match when we saw Smackdown a while back?"

"Ummmm . . . I think (He didn't know)"

"Well, he's IC champ. And Ted DiBiase's kid and Dusty's kid are tag champs"

I think he thinks I'm full of shit but still doesn't really care either way. Eh well.

I don't take anything from someone saying they fell asleep during a show or match. It doesn't matter who is on or what title changes hands, if you're tired, you're going to fall asleep regardless of what is on your tv.

It's a few months since this thread so with about 4 months in after the draft what's stale to you?

The only thing really stale to me is the stupid JBL-Batista feuding forever and either one of those men getting a title shot. Frankly, neither man deserves one in my books.

So WWE, good job not making things stale to me. For a change it's a lot easier to type what is stale versus what's not stale.

HHH is getting stale. Bri Bella's thing is stale. SD is quite boring now.

Exactly. I've thought Smackdown has been boring ever since they did the whole Edge/Vickie breakup angle, because I knew it couldn't lead to anything good.

What does Smackdown have left? Kennedy is hurt, MVP and the rest have been left battered and need rebuilding after the great HHH (really short sighted considering their move to a new network), Khali I guess has transfered to RAW (plus he's Khali) and Jeff Hardy just isn't trustworthy enough to give the ball.

Of course HHH is stale again, his constant "I am the best, no one is better!" character isn't challenged in the slightest. A feud of someone HHH cannot overcome not named Shawn Michaels or Undertaker would be HUGE for the WWE and truthfully Hunter. It is an instant superstar builder and yet it's one they continue to refuse to use. Whether because HHH wants his spot protected, which is insane since he married the boss's daughter and doesn't need protecting, or because they have no faith in anyone but it's being a storyline consistently wasted.

The big Russian bore would be a bad one to use it on unless we are returning to 1986. They need to find someone in FCW or on the midcard they feel is ready for elevation that hasn't been pedigree'd out of importance. That's all Smackdown needs, a feud where HHH ISN'T constantly proving he is the best in the world.

All this talk of HHH being stale, well, even though he is a face, the only man it seems they've kept away from HHH is R-Truth.

Hell, maybe these guys can meet down the road and he can be the one to end the HHH reign of terror 2008 version?

And since everyone has said he's taken down everyone in his path, is this a correct list of HHH's hit list since being on Smackdown?

Shelton

MVP

Hardy

Khali

Kendrick

Am I missing anyone else?

Khali already won a world title though.

It's odd that SD has gotten a certain amount of praise in some circles but I find the show the most boring show that WWE produces. ECW is more focused and has a nice hour of solid wrestling, and while Raw can be extremely bad at times the good stuff is really great (Jericho/Michaels for instance). Raw at least always seems like it matters.

But SD? There's just no upward mobility for anyone on the show. There never has been to be honest, at least not in the past 3-4 years. What exactly is the epic match that SD is building to for the future, say at WM? HHH vs. UT again? I'm not thrilled.

Most of Smackdown is stale right now besides Maria and Brie Bella. I like where they are going with that. Losing ECW really hurt Smackdown I think. At least you had guys like Miz and Morrison that were entertaining in the tag division. What do they do now? Replace them with the Colons and the shitty edgeheads. It's a shame what happened to Smackdown because it use to be my favorite show. I kinda miss Cole on there.

Chris Jericho winning the title helped raw a lot. He's a great heel and a much better champion than Punk. I know a lot of people like Punk and say he was screwed over but the guy is stale as babyface. They need to turn him heel soon. And I know it's sad to say but Cena getting injured was the best for Raw in the long run. His comeback should be good.

ECW I feel right now is the best brand. They don't have a lot of guys but the guys they are using are being built up good. Swagger, Knox, Bourne, Miz, Morrison all of them. Plus you have Finlay and Dreamer as the teachers and comedy guys. And I feel that Grisham/Striker are a breath of fresh air in the commentary booth. Especially Striker.

If there is one thing I will say about Mark Henry, he at least has shown he can do a variety of roles. He can do a goofball comedy act like the poetry readings with Chyna. He can do embarrassing crap like the Mae Young angle. Or he can be a monster heel that destroys people. When it comes to have the token Fat Black Guy I'd take him any day over Viscera. At least Henry has some charisma. But then I've often thought Viscera/Mabel/Big Daddy V is the least talented guy ever to somehow hang around for like 15 years (on and off).

Vis is at his best as a lower-card gateway to the top part of the card. I liked the Big Daddy V push, but his role on RAW around the end of the Evolution era was probably his best spot ever. He had two really fun matches with Benoit and Batista on RAW around that time, and a ton of fun matches on Heat.

MVP is a very odd case, as in, I can't think of any match he's won this year besides beating Hardy at SS, but yet, he doesn't come off like he's being depushed either. I think WWE should just put the title on Hardy anyway. If he does something wrong, just take it off of him. I've kinda wondered if he had the title, that might make him less of a screw up and he might get his act together.

MVP is a very odd case, as in, I can't think of any match he's won this year besides beating Hardy at SS, but yet, he doesn't come off like he's being depushed either. I think WWE should just put the title on Hardy anyway. If he does something wrong, just take it off of him. I've kinda wondered if he had the title, that might make him less of a screw up and he might get his act together.

I don't think Jeff is a screw up anymore, I think he's a guy whose body just cannot take the punishment anymore. He's been a pinball for so long and it always seems after awhile, he fails a drug test after a long stretch of beatdowns and brutal matches. He might literally be using drugs to deal with the pain in his back, knees and every muscle he has. Hell, failing a drug test seems to be the only way Jeff can get a vacation in the E.

At the end of the day though, he's unreliable because of that. Jeff will need to remain stable with zero screw ups for a lot longer before they put the belt on him I think. Heck if he holds together, he might get it at Mania. Either that or MITB, which would lead to a title. Course to put him in MITB would be to put his body through more hell....