TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyBlaze

2008 Summer Olympics

Guest Tzar Lysergic

You guys NEED to see this chinese bitch on the volleyball team that looks like Giant Baba with a ponytail. Holy christ what an ogre. She's 6'8" 250 if she's an inch and an ounce.

They're beating the tar out of Cuba.

Guest Vitamin X
You guys NEED to see this chinese bitch on the volleyball team that looks like Giant Baba with a ponytail. Holy christ what an ogre. She's 6'8" 250 if she's an inch and an ounce.

They're beating the tar out of Cuba.

Yeah Cuba still won, 3-2.

You know, I've been a Chris Bosh "hater" ever since he left Tech early, the year before we went to the Final Four (and would have beaten Connecticut if he'd stayed)... I hereby take back everything bad I've ever said about him.

So much for Federer-Nadal XXVIII. James Blake beat Federer for the first time ever in straight sets. Federer looks more and more human while Blake plays the match of his life and keeps his emotions in check.

I'm not really getting why SI and ESPN are all over the fact that the Chinese gymnasts could be under the age limit. Yes, I realize it is against the rules, but wouldn't this be more embarrassing for the US that their gymnasts got beaten by a bunch of 13 year olds?

I'm not really getting why SI and ESPN are all over the fact that the Chinese gymnasts could be under the age limit. Yes, I realize it is against the rules, but wouldn't this be more embarrassing for the US that their gymnasts got beaten by a bunch of 13 year olds?

Not really, because younger is better in female gymnastics. I'm sure there are a bunch of girls who would've made the US team over some of the current members if not for the age limit.

Not really, because younger is better in female gymnastics. I'm sure there are a bunch of girls who would've made the US team over some of the current members if not for the age limit.

I doubt it because we don't really have anyone else who has competed internationally or won anything that Johnson, Liukin, Sacramone or Memmel hasn't won. Our top two were locked in since they're two of the 10 best in the world, and there isn't anyone 15 or under who would have displaced the team captain or a former World Champion. Maybe they would have been able to get on the team and be used in one of the events during the qualification process, but there's not a female gymnast in the US who would have changed the outcome since Sloan only did one event and Memmel did hers despite having a broken ankle. The other 10 routines were done by the three best people we had regardless of age.

Ho-hum, just another day at the office (pool?) for Michael Phelps.

Not only is that 6 for 6 in gold medals, he's also broken the world record in each one.

Nastia Liukin got gold in women's all around and Shawn Johnson got the silver in the women's all around in gymnastics.

The judges came dangerously close to fucking both of the US gymnasts out of the top 2.

The judges came dangerously close to fucking both of the US gymnasts out of the top 2.

Give 'em credit since they tried their hardest. Nastia should have won by at least a point and a half and Johnson should have been that far ahead of 3rd. If Shawn had made one more minor error she would have ended up with the bronze which is crazy.

Give 'em credit since they tried their hardest. Nastia should have won by at least a point and a half and Johnson should have been that far ahead of 3rd. If Shawn had made one more minor error she would have ended up with the bronze which is crazy.

What do you mean by "Give 'em credit since they tried their hardest"

I was being sarcastic since the judges were doing everything they possibly could to ensure that the Americans wouldn't win this one. Some of the scores in the first two and a half rotations were just way off.

Ah. I was about to say....

Also

BEIJING -- A North Korean shooter was stripped of his two medals and expelled from the Beijing Olympics along with a Vietnamese gymnast Friday after failing doping tests.

They are the second and third athletes caught doping in Beijing, where the IOC is conducting a record 4,500 drug tests.

The International Olympic Committee said shooter Kim Jong Su tested positive for propanolol after winning the silver medal in the 50-meter pistol and bronze in the 10-meter air pistol.

Propanolol is a banned betablocker, which can be used to prevent trembling in events such as shooting and archery.

The bronze medal in the 10-meter event now goes to American shooter Jason Turner. In the 50-meter event, China's Tan Zongliang moves up to the silver and Russia's Vladimir Isakov is upgraded to the bronze.

Gymnast Thi Ngan Thuong Do, who finished in last place in the women's floor exercise, tested positive for the diuretic furosemide.

IOC medical commission chairman Arne Ljungqvist said he considered Kim guilty of "a deliberate intake" of a banned substance because of propanolol's specific benefit for shooters. Kim could face a ban of up to two years from the international shooting federation.

Ljungqvist said he believed the Vietnamese gymnast inadvertently used furosemide, a common drug.

"My interpretation is this was probably the result of poor information given to the athlete, who did not have the knowledge of what to avoid and what she was allowed to take," he said.

IOC spokeswoman Giselle Davies said both athletes were kicked out of the games and had their accreditations revoked. Spanish cyclist Maria Isabel Moreno was kicked out of the games Monday after testing positive for EPO in a pre-competition check.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

I guess that answers what happens if someone's medal is stripped.

a) The baseball stadium in Beijing sucks for TV, since everything shot from behind home is seen through the net.

b) It's weird seeing a team play with adjustable size hats like the Cubans are wearing.

c) Jayson Nix can't bunt.

I have one celebrity crush a year.

Ladies and Gentleman, my celeb crush for this year:

Shawn Johnson.