TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

The one (and only!) Raw thread for 16/6/2008

I wonder if Cade can be bitter at HBK for training him and then not helping him out or something...Or is he just trying to make his opportunity.

"SHAWN, YOU LIED TO ME! YOU TOLD ME THAT I'D BE A STAR! YOU TOLD ME THAT YOU'D HELP ME BECOME CHAMPION! AND WHEN I GOT TO THE WWE... YOU ABANDONED ME TO PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS, LIKE HIM!"

Wow... that would be really, really cool.

What the hell is wrong with this booking?

The main event for Night of Champions is HHH vs. Cena for the World Title.

Last week, Raw ended with Jeff Hardy taking both of them out by himself. This week, Jericho and LANCE CADE take both of them out.

How is this suppose to make me want to see this match?

I'm pretty sure HHH and Cena have enough heat none of this is going to hurt them.

This Cade push can't possibly lead to something decent. The dude has been around for about 5 years now and has he really shown us anything? Maybe if somehow you could pour a bit of Murdoch's charisma into Cade's physique you could have something. I suppose I'll give them points for an attempt to elevate someone, but at the end of the day it's hard to see a Cade "push" amounting to much more than him taking a Pedigree in a TV match. Or maybe being Jericho's lackey.

Am I the only one who thought the mixed tag was the best thing on the show? But then I have a thing for Katie Lea as it is, going back to her OVW stint. I say forget about Mickie James, put the women's belt on Katie, then go with her against Beth Phoenix and do the first PPV women's ladder match (Beth and Katie did one in OVW that was good stuff).

I say forget about Mickie James, put the women's belt on Katie, then go with her against Beth Phoenix and do the first PPV women's ladder match (Beth and Katie did one in OVW that was good stuff).

Gail Kim and Nikki Roxx/Roxxi Laveaux say hello.

This Cade push can't possibly lead to something decent. The dude has been around for about 5 years now and has he really shown us anything? Maybe if somehow you could pour a bit of Murdoch's charisma into Cade's physique you could have something. I suppose I'll give them points for an attempt to elevate someone, but at the end of the day it's hard to see a Cade "push" amounting to much more than him taking a Pedigree in a TV match. Or maybe being Jericho's lackey.

Am I the only one who thought the mixed tag was the best thing on the show? But then I have a thing for Katie Lea as it is, going back to her OVW stint. I say forget about Mickie James, put the women's belt on Katie, then go with her against Beth Phoenix and do the first PPV women's ladder match (Beth and Katie did one in OVW that was good stuff).

A womens ladder match is extremely interesting. The only problem being is if put on ppv, they would get 5 or 6 minutes for one ladder climb each, and some lame bump from the 2nd or 3rd rung of the ladder.

I say forget about Mickie James, put the women's belt on Katie, then go with her against Beth Phoenix and do the first PPV women's ladder match (Beth and Katie did one in OVW that was good stuff).

Gail Kim and Nikki Roxx/Roxxi Laveaux say hello.

Somewhere that matters.

I've been a fan of Cade for a while. I think he and Murdoch just had the legs cut off at unfortunate times. I doubt this will lead to anything more than being Jericho's sidekick, but it's increased exposure for him and hopefully others if they give Jericho a full group to work with, which I'm for.

Yeah...they probably should've done something to make me care about Cade before that run in.

That reminded me of (I can't remember what WCW match it was...Hogan vs. Warrior maybe? Maybe something else...it all runs together) either way...I remember watching a big WCW match and seeing the first guy who ran in was Horace Hogan. And I turned to my friend and said "You know this sucks when the first guy in is Horace".

That's what this was.

I want to be excited about young talent being elevated and them playing on the history of HBK and Cade outside of WWE. On the possibility of London and Kendrick being involved. On roles Flair, Batista, or Hardy might play in this story. If I allow myself to I can dream up a lot of crazy things like Danielson, Wargames, Horsemen, the death of the spinner belt, the elevation of the Tag and IC titles, the making of new stars, and a golden age.

But as was said, I'm stuck looking at a guy who isn't very over or exciting making a run in with no foreshadowing, explanation, or story. So at best I'm waiting a week for some explanation to see how I feel about this.

They have an intriguing storyline for Cade at the ready. He's one great promo about Shawn training him and then coming back for his own glory and leaving him out away from being interesting. It would SEEM like that's where they'd head since Jericho is a heel pretty much because he DOES tell the truth and this would play into some of that attitude.

Of course if they were to do that Cade would have to get pushed and actually beat some top people. Which A: I don't know that I'd trust them to do that and B: I've never seen a Lance Cade performance that stood out as anything better than decent.

BUT...he's at the very least somone new to look at in a more prominent roll.

I like the Jericho angle because he's 100% right about HBK...and the fans are really asses for not agreeing.

Yeah, I absolutely think a tremendous story could come out of this very easily. Its just that Cade hasn't been built up for 5 years so the guy who ended RAW standing over Cena and HHH is the same guy we've been watching all this time. There was no character change, no fleshing out of his story, no building him up, no winning streak, no foreshadowing. I'm not even sure they've once mentioned HBK training him on air. It just came completely out of left field. So we're left with what WWE gave us until next week when they hopefully add some of these genuinely interesting elements (or some of their own).

Which they may very well do but it doesn't really change last night's show.

Well, dude did take out his tag partner that he's had for most of his time in the WWE recently. Before the Evolution story line got Batista over, he was just onether new guy that hadn't really done shit and had no stand out matches yet.

If they do this right, Cade could get over pretty big. He's probably just gonna take Orton's spot untill he gets back, though.

I figure Cade is gonna get a nice push on SD or ECW so this is their way of getting him some heat before the draft.

Well, dude did take out his tag partner that he's had for most of his time in the WWE recently. Before the Evolution story line got Batista over, he was just onether new guy that hadn't really done shit and had no stand out matches yet.

Not sure if anyones told you this, but Batista still hasn't done shit in the ring or had stand out matches.

But I'm all for talent pushes. If there's anything the RAW main event scene needs it's freshening up.

The story goes that the first day Cade walked into HBK's wrestling academy, Michael remarked "I smell money: or something to that effect. However if they were going to go this storyline it might have been better if Cade threw HBK into the Jeritron last week.

Also this is incredibly fanboy but along with Cade, Spanky and London(though was a later class), Bryan Danielson recently worked a dark match. It would be a helluva way to bring in Danielson - Cade could be going off how he was his best student and the like and HBK could say you were one of by better students, but not the best. He could then introduce Bryan Danielson.

Where is Shooter Shultz - he was my pick to be the one of the TWA Four to make it the farthest.

The story goes that the first day Cade walked into HBK's wrestling academy, Michael remarked "I smell money: or something to that effect. However if they were going to go this storyline it might have been better if Cade threw HBK into the Jeritron last week.

Also this is incredibly fanboy but along with Cade, Spanky and London(though was a later class), Bryan Danielson recently worked a dark match. It would be a helluva way to bring in Danielson - Cade could be going off how he was his best student and the like and HBK could say you were one of by better students, but not the best. He could then introduce Bryan Danielson.

Where is Shooter Shultz - he was my pick to be the one of the TWA Four to make it the farthest.

too good to be true

Not sure if anyones told you this, but Batista still hasn't done shit in the ring or had stand out matches.

But I'm all for talent pushes. If there's anything the RAW main event scene needs it's freshening up.

Not sure if anyone has told you this, but the Batista-Taker feud was awesome and Batista has had stand out matches

I just don't think the Batista comparison is terribly apt. He was a pretty fresh talent in WWE who had been booked reasonably well on SD, even if in an uncompelling way. He allied with Flair and an alliance with HHH was very natural and foreshadowed before Evolution formed. And when he and Orton did join they weren't expected to be the equals of main eventers. They were the future and part of the numbers game that Evolution played.

Cade has spent years on the RAW roster and we have an established opinion of him. Of his personality, ability, and place on the card. He went from tag wrestler (which is about as low as one gets on RAW) to standing toe to toe with Cena, HHH, and Jericho in the blink of an eye. That's disrupting if nothing else. But you can't blame people for being non-plussed at an over wrestler being elevated so abruptly with no explanation.

But I do look forward to hearing some explanation and motivation next week. Because there is a very good and logical story to be told if they want to.

It's kinda sad that they finally found themselves in front of a crowd who reacted strongly to the wrestling as opposed to sitting on their hands except for entrances and promos... and they provided them with so little wrestling.

I was transition from midnights to a temporary string of 3 day shifts and was kind of tired by 11:15pm so I missed the end of Raw with the Cade run-in, but I thought this was a fun show. Much better than last week - I enjoyed Vince's antics with the callers (Night of Champions is on my birthday! OK THEN BYE!) and the Flair angle was cool. I was actually pulling for Marty Jannetty, but Flair was better.

Charlie Haas seems to be stealing the sort of bits Val Venis would be in. Does this warn of the impending end of Val's decade of destruction in the WWE, or are they just deciding to use Charlie on TV?

I didn't care for Vince saying he liked the DX ring tone.

Sorry, I'm just not a Dave fan.

You still can't deny he's been in stand-out matches though. He was in two Hell in a Cells, remember that great match against HHH?

Sorry, I'm just not a Dave fan.

Neither is most of the forum, but atleast we're willing to give the devil his due sometimes.

Batista isn't a great wrestler by any stretch, but's he is capable of having a great match given the right wrestler.