TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

All-Time Football (Soccer) Team Draft

I'll begrudgingly say he's a good manager, but everyone bone in my body just says 'I don't like him'. I hate his blind eye remarks during games, how he'll see Bob on the opposite team tickle one of his strikers, yet 'I did not see it' when one of his players kicks the opposition in the face right in front of him in the dug out - for example.

His transfers have been outstanding, as has his utilization of the players he brings in. The only thing I don't like is the amount of foreign players he's brought into the game, I mean its been great for the Premier League but poor for English Football.

I can think of a few blank signings that could fit in easily with the type of football I want my 11 to play. Although not one of them would be English, which isn't surprising considering blank.

Henry's season with Barca illustrates my flop point perfectly. Led them in goals, but watch the matches, and he was a pile of ass.

Oh, that's a debate and a half. It pains me so much to watch our national team do so poorly. Can you imagine Brazil or Argentina losing the qualifying group we've just had?

Just think, blank was being considered just as much as blank

Henry's season with Barca illustrates my flop point perfectly. Led them in goals, but watch the matches, and he was a pile of ass.

It was an odd season, he played like he just didn't care, yet still did ok. I mean, if we didn't know him from the Premier League he would have just looked like the 'average' Barca player. Though, this season Barca have been poor.

Oh didn't realize there was a manager to pick as well. Hmm... *strokes beard and ponders* is that the last pick?

Yeah, I think we should leave it until the very last round, or we could pick them whenever we want? I mean, more chance of getting a world class manager in round 4 than round 14.

It just depends on how everybody wants to do this really.

11am UK time tomorrow? If so I'll be on before work (and during)

I'd just like to name drop one more guy....

If Newcastle really had signed him, we might have won the cup :( Just realised that's Robot Wars turned Live5 turned commentator for everything Jonathan Pearce. This was BEFORE he became a commentator too, probably around 96/97, so maybe just as he did Robot Wars. Odd!

I'm going to cut out all those namedrops. Sorry guys, one in particular was said that I really want.

Oh, and I'd like to pick managers whenever we want.

Oh, that's a debate and a half. It pains me so much to watch our national team do so poorly. Can you imagine Brazil or Argentina losing the qualifying group we've just had?

Just think, blank was being considered just as much as blank

This is true.

*Curses 909 as he wanted 'blank' as well* Oh well, I had my chance! I'm cool with managers being whenever, there's a few I can go with and I don't think between the 13 of us we'll all go for the same ones.

Alright, there's only one pick between now and him, so i'll pm you his top two and you can pick for him, if you don't mind.

Ok got them, I take it he wants the top one first, and if it isn't available the one after it?

I'd say managers can be picked whenever, it's not high on my list but for some it might be.

Did we really need to blank out

The Wally with a Brolly

? If anyone dared to pick him, they should be disqualified. :D

My pick is Italy's most capped player, a one club man with (I think) 24 seasons of Serie A football behind him.

paolo.jpg

Paulo Maldini. While he's played centre half in recent years, I'm selecting him in his traditional position at left back.

One of the current players I'd have picked. I would've picked him had he made it to me, so damn you.

Good picks guys.. it's good to see everybody putting midfield and defence partnerships together.

Henry & Ronaldinho

Zidane & Beckham

Moore & Maldini

Looking good guys.

Gert T

Ronaldo (8)

Romario (19)

Awesome.