TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

Firefox 3

Yeah, much was made about the speed increase during development.

I've been on the beta and release candidates for a while. The only thing I don't really like is the combined history and bookmarks feature, if only because it chokes up Firefox when I leave it open, but it could just be my system.

Yeah, much was made about the speed increase during development.

I've been on the beta and release candidates for a while. The only thing I don't really like is the combined history and bookmarks feature, if only because it chokes up Firefox when I leave it open, but it could just be my system.

It's called fixing the memory leaks of Firefox 2.

Ugh, I hate the combined history/bookmarks. I usually don't bookmark my usual sites, I would just start typing the url and Firefox would autocomplete. Now I have to type out the entire url...this is wasting valuable seconds. Boo Firefox 3.0.

Guest Vitamin X

I've been using Firefox 3 for a while now on Linux (Ubuntu) and it hasn't felt very different for me at all. I barely noticed the difference, although of course everything was faster when I switched over to Ubuntu.

after about 10 minutes of use I can say that I'm digging it a lot.

Pages seem to be loading faster, and I used to get a lag when I middle clicked on a bunch of links to open them up in new tabs.

No complaints as of yet

Ugh, I hate the combined history/bookmarks. I usually don't bookmark my usual sites, I would just start typing the url and Firefox would autocomplete. Now I have to type out the entire url...this is wasting valuable seconds. Boo Firefox 3.0.

Yeah, that really sucks when I'm at work. It does't have much effect at home since I clear my history after every browser exit and don't re-visit my non-bookmarked sites very often in a single session, but it's a whole different ballgame using a computer I can't save bookmarks too. Typing out forums.thesmartmarks.com every time I swing by here during work is a nuisance.

Edit: The issue there seems to be if your history is set to zero, that includes addresses typed during your session. I thought I tried that at work to see if it was the problem and it solved nothing, but it works fine at home. Ok then.

Guest Vitamin X

For a quick laugh, go ahead and type "about:robots" in the location bar up above..

fantastic.

Check out the PWS Toolbar extension. Replaces advertising banners with other, self-selected images.

I dl'd it. It seems about the same to me. I wish I could get my Fubar account to load. I want to look at some naked girls on there dammit! For some reason it just won't load on my computer anymore, won't load on my parents comp either (we are using the same connection). I think it has something to do with their ISP or something. I dunno, I suck at computers.

Some sites don't load with all the necessities that they have on Explorer. For instance, some links aren't clickable on American Funds' adviser page. That probably means nothing to you, but I had to switch over to Explorer the other day to compare long term rates of return for a client. On IMDB's messageboards, the links that allow you to show the messages in a "nest" and such are not even there. On Firefox, I have to open each individual messages in the same thread. Besides that, I am loving how fast it is. I still need to learn a couple of the settings, but I pretty much have it running the way I want it to.

Hmmm......I haven't had any sites pull that on me with FireFox.

This website used to work on FireFox up until the other day. I just thought it was weird. Because I IM'd a friend on the site and asked her if she could access it and she said yes.

The IMDB weirdness was explained. It had logged me out, and the "nest" and other ways to view the threads is only there when you are logged in. I never post there, so I didn't notice that I had been logged out. Still no clue why you can't click on certain links on the other site, though. It works in Explorer.

Guest Vitamin X

In Preferences/Options (don't know if you're using Windows, Mac, or Linux here) look at the General Tab, and uncheck the box that says 'Show the Downloads window when downloading a file'. That should work, and Firefox shouldn't be crashing just from that popping up- I'd check to see if anything else might be fucking with your PC. Hope that helps.