TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

2008 NBA Draft

Round 1

1. Chicago - Derrick Rose, PG/6-3/196/Memphis

2. Miami - Michael Beasley, PF/6-8/239/Kansas St.

3. Minnesota - %-O.J. Mayo, SG/6-4/200/USC

4. Seattle - Russell Westbrook, PG/6-3/192/UCLA

5. Memphis - %-Kevin Love, PF/6-10/255/UCLA

6. New York - Danilo Gallinari, SF/6-8/210/Italy

7. LA Clippers - Eric Gordon, SG/6-3/222/Indiana

8. Milwaukee - Joe Alexander, SF/6-8/220/W. Virginia

9. Charlotte - D.J. Augustin, PG/5-11/172/Texas

10. New Jersey - Brook Lopez, C/7-0/258/Stanford

11. Indiana - *-Jerryd Bayless, PG/6-3/204/Arizona

12. Sacramento - Jason Thompson, PF/6-11/250/Rider

13. Portland - *-Brandon Rush, SG/6-6/210/Kansas

14. Golden State - Anthony Randolph, PF/6-10/197/LSU

15. Phoenix (from Atlanta) - Robin Lopez, C/7-0/255/Stanford

16. Philadelphia - Marreese Speights, - C/6-10/245/Florida

17. Toronto - #-Roy Hibbert, - C/7-2/275/Georgetown

18. Washington - JaVale McGee, - C/7-0/241/Nevada

19. Cleveland - J.J. Hickson, - PF/6-9/235/NC State

20. Charlotte (from Denver) - Alexis Ajinca, C/7-0/220/France

21. New Jersey (from Dallas) - Ryan Anderson, PF/6-10/225/California

22. Orlando - Courtney Lee, SG/6-5/200/W. Kentucky

23. Utah - Kosta Koufos, C/7-0/265/Ohio St.

24. Seattle (from Phoenix) - Serge Ibaka, PF/6-10/228/Congo

25. Houston - ***Nicolas Batum, SF/6-7/210/France

26. San Antonio - George Hill, PG/6-2/181/IUPUI

27. New Orleans - **/***/@-Darrell Arthur, PF/6-8/216/Kansas

28. Memphis (from LA Lakers) - @-Donte' Greene, SF/6-9/221/Syracuse

29. Detroit - ##-D.J. White, PF/6-9/251/Indiana

30. Boston - J.R. Giddens, SG/6-5/208/New Mexico

Round 2

31. Minnesota (from Miami via Boston) - Nikola Pekovic, C/6-10/245/Serbia

32. Seattle - ##-Walter Sharpe, PF/6-9/245/UAB

33. Portland (from Memphis) - ***-Joey Dorsey, PF/6-7/265/Memphis

34. Minnesota - ###-Mario Chalmers, PG/6-2/181/Kansas

35. LA Clippers - DeAndre Jordan, C/6-11/250/Texas A&M

36. Portland (from New York) - &-Omer Asik, C/7-0/250/Turkey

37. Milwaukee - Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, SF/6-7/221/UCLA

38. Charlotte - Kyle Weaver, SG/6-6/201/Washingston St.

39. Chicago - &-Sonny Weems, SG/6-5/193/Arkansas

40. New Jersey - Chris Douglas-Roberts, SG/6-7/200/Memphis

41. Indiana - #-Nathan Jawai, PF/6-10/270/Australia

42. Sacramento (from Atlanta) - Sean Singletary, G/6-0/184/Virginia

43. Sacramento - Patrick Ewing Jr., SF/6-7/224/Georgetown

44. Utah (from Philadelphia) - Ante Tomic, C/7-1/225/Croatia

45. San Antonio (from Toronto) - Goran Dragic, SG/6-4/180/Slovenia

46. Seattle (from Portland via Boston) - ##-Trent Plaisted, PF/6-10/240/BYU

47. Washington - &&-Bill Walker, SF/6-6/220/Kansas St.

48. Phoenix (from Cleveland) - Malik Hairston, SF/6-5/204/Oregon

49. Golden State - Richard Hendrix, PF/6-8/250Alabama

50. Seattle (from Denver) - DeVon Hardin, C/6-11/235/California

51. Dallas - Shan Foster, SG/6-5/195/Vanderbilt

52. Miami (from Orlando) - %%%-Darnell Jackson, PF/6-8/241/Kansas

53. Utah - Tadija Dragicevic, SF/Serbia

54. Houston - Maarty Leunen, PF/6-8/195/Oregon

55. Portland (from Phoenix via Indiana) - &&&-Mike Taylor, PG/6-2/166/Idaho Stampede (NBDL)

56. Seattle (from New Orleans via Houston) - Sasha Kaun, C/6-11/247/Kansas

57. San Antonio - James Gist, SF/6-8/220/Maryland

58. LA Lakers - Joe Crawford, SG/6-4/213/Kentucky

59. Detroit - Deron Washington, SG/6-6/199/Virginia Tech

60. Boston - Semih Erden, PF/7-1/248/Turkey

*-Indiana trades Ike Diogu and the rights to Jerryd Bayless to Portland in exchange for Jarrett Jack, Josh McRoberts and the rights to Brandon Rush.

**-New Orleans trades the rights to Darrell Arthur to Portland for cash considerations.

***-Houston trades the rights to Nicolas Batum to Portland for the rights to Darrell Arthur and the rights to Joey Dorsey.

#-Indiana trades Jermaine O'Neal and the rights to Nathan Jawai to Toronto for T.J. Ford, Rasho Nesterovic, Maceo Baston and the rights to Roy Hibbert.

##-Detroit trades the rights to D.J. White to Seattle for the rights to Walter Sharpe and the rights to Trent Plaisted.

###-Minnesota trades the rights to Mario Chalmers to Miami for a 2009 second-round pick and cash considerations.

&-In a three-way trade, Portland trades the rights to Omer Asik to Chicago for two future second-round picks and a 2009 second-round pick from Denver, who acquired the rights to Sonny Weems from Chicago.

&&-Washington trades the rights to Bill Walker to Boston for cash considerations.

&&&-Portland trades the rights to Mike Taylor to LA Clippers for a 2009 second-round pick.

%-Minnesota trades Greg Buckner, Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker and the rights to O.J. Mayo to Memphis for Brian Cardinal, Jason Collins, Mike Miller and the rights to Kevin Love.

%%-San Antonio trades the rights to Goran Dragic to Phoenix for the rights to Malik Hairston, a 2009 second-round pick and cash consideratons.

%%%-Miami trades the rights to Darnell Jackson to Cleveland for a 2009 second-round pick.

@-Houston trades the rights to Darrell Arthur to Memphis for the rights to Donte' Greene and a 2009 second-round pick.

This draft is very interesting to me. It is clear that Beasley-Mayo-Rose (alphabetically) will go 1-2-3, but there are a lot of talents 4-30.

Here's Chad Ford's latest mock, which just came out today following yesterday's deadline to withdraw.

1. Chicago - Derrick Rose, PG/6-3/205/19/Memphis

2. Miami - Michael Beasley, PF/6-10/235/19/Kansas St.

3. Minnesota - O.J. Mayo, SG/6-4/195/20/USC

4. Seattle - Jerryd Bayless, PG/6-3/190/19/Arizona

5. Memphis - Kevin Love, PF/6-10/275/19/UCLA

6. New York - Russell Westbrook, PG/6-3/189/19/UCLA

7. LA Clippers - Eric Gordon, SG/6-4/215/19/Indiana

8. Milwaukee - Joe Alexander, SF/6-8/220/21/W. Virginia

9. Charlotte - Brook Lopez, C/7-0/260/20/Stanford

10. New Jersey - Danilo Gallinari, SF/6-9/212/19/Italy

11. Indiana - D.J. Augustin, PG/6-0/180/20/Texas

12. Sacramento - Anthony Randolph, PF/6-11/220/18/LSU

13. Portland - Brandon Rush, SG/6-7/205/22/Kansas

14. Golden State - Kosta Koufos, C/7-0/265/19/Ohio St.

15. Phoenix - Donte Greene, SF/6-10/225/20/Syracuse

16. Philadelphia - Marreese Speights, C/6-10/245/19/Florida

17. Toronto - Robin Lopez, C/7-0/245/20/Stanford

18. Washington - Darrell Arthur, PF/6-10/225/20/Kansas

19. Cleveland - Roy Hibbert, C/7-2/275/21/Georgetown

20. Denver - Alexis Ajinca, C/7-1/240/20/France

21. New Jersey - DeAndre Jordan, C/7-0/255/20/Texas A&M

22. Orlando - Courtney Lee, SG/6-5/200/22/W. Kentucky

23. Utah - JaVale McGee, PF/7-0/237/20/Nevada

24. Seattle - Serge Ibaka, PF/6-10/220/18/Congo

25. Houston - Nicolas Batum, SF/6-8/210/19/France

26. San Antonio - Mario Chalmers, PG/6-2/170/22/Kansas

27. New Orleans - Chris Douglas-Roberts, SG/6-6/195/21/Memphis

28. Memphis - J.J. Hickson, PF/6-9/240/19/NC State

29. Detroit - Jason Thompson, PF/6-11/250/21/Rider

30. Boston - Ante Tomic, C/7-2/237/21/Croatia

Some other tidbits from the article:

Miami may also take O.J. Mayo #2, or trade the pick. They've fielded numerous trade offers for the pick, as well, the best being Mike Miller, Kyle Landry, and the #5 from Memphis.

The Knicks, Clippers, Bucks and Blazers have all made offers for Minnesota's #3 pick. Ford says the Bucks have the best chance if they dangle Yi or Villanueva as part of the deal. Minnesota may also use this pick on Danilo Gallinari. Gallinari is also being considered by the Clippers at #7, but has refused a workout with the Bucks.

Joe Alexander is another possibility at #6 for the Knicks.

If Brook Lopez is gone by Charlotte's pick...which could be to the Wolves, Grizzlies or Knicks...they will also consider Anthony Randolph or Kosta Koufos. Cleveland likes Koufos, as well, but he could be gone by then.

Randolph is also an option for the Nets, as is Alexis Ajinca, although he is a long shot. Ajinca is also drawing interest from Toronto. If Randolph is gone by the time Sacramento picks, they could instead go with Roy Hibbert.

Ford says Portland is trying to trade the #12, but if they have no luck, they're looking at Joe Alexander and Russell Westbrook. If both of those guys are gone, they would go with Rush. Rush is also the guy Phoenix is looking at, but he is projected to be off the board by then.

Orlando is deciding between Courtney Lee, Chris Douglas-Roberts, and Jason Thompson. Lee is said to be the favorite of Orlando GM Otis Smith.

note from me: Roy Hibbert has been projected as Utah's pick in all of Ford's previous mocks, so he could be the guy there if he's still around.

Other considerations for Detroit are D.J. White of Indiana and Bill Walker of K-State.

Serge Ibaka and Ante Tomic are not expected to join an NBA roster right away.

I am still having a hard time fathoming KLove at #5 overall.

I think he could become a good NBA player, but I think if you are Memphis, thats a bad pick.

Funny how far DeAndre Jordan has fallen in Chad Ford's draft, but after reading about him, I can't say I'm shocked.

What's so horrible about Milwaukee? Seems like their last few draft picks wouldn't work out for them/didn't want to be drafted there. Are they really that bad?

Guest Vitamin X

Why in the fuck is Portland trading for the #3 pick. Who do they even have to offer that wouldn't breakup the young trio of good player and/or the depth on the team? Martell Webster or Jarrett fucking Jack? Blech. They'll keep Roy, Aldridge, and Oden, obv., and after that I wouldn't get rid of Outlaw or Jones either, nor either one of the Spainairds (Rudy Fernandez and Sergio Rodriguez). Which could only mean... Oh no. NO.

AACZ038~Joel-Przybilla-Posters.jpg

NOOOO DON'T GET RID OF JOEL THE VANILLA GORILLA PRZYBILLA!

Gotta love sorry ass Joey Dorsey pointing at him afterwards.

He's the only reason I was happy Memphis lost.

What's wrong with Joey Dorsey?

Guy had his issues, and lord knows he was not easy to deal with, but he came through for the Tigers in the tournament when they needed him and cemented his rep as one of the most popular players in Memphis history.

And I could watch that play all day

Since I know next to nil on any of the prospects... Anybody have thoughts about the following? They seemed to jump out at me a bit, stat wise.

PG Sean Singletary (Virginia): Averaged 19.0 and 19.8 PPG the last 2 seasons with great FT%. Also had 6.1 APG and averaged almost 2 SPG for 3 seasons.

SG Jaycee Carroll (Utah State): Seems like an absolute shooter in every sense of the word. 22.4 PPG with 52.6% FG, 91.9% FT, and 49.8% 3. Averaged 6 RPG and 2 APG the last 2 seasons.

SG Demetric Bennett (South Alabama): See Carroll. Averaged 19.7 PPG with 48.1% FG, 83.6% FT, and 40.5% 3. Averaged roughly 6 RPG and 2 APG the last 2 seasons.

PF Frank Eleger (Drexel): Averaged 14 PPG at 55.9% FG with 8 RPG, 1 APG, and 2 BPG.

Gotta love sorry ass Joey Dorsey pointing at him afterwards.

He's the only reason I was happy Memphis lost.

What's wrong with Joey Dorsey?

Guy had his issues, and lord knows he was not easy to deal with, but he came through for the Tigers in the tournament when they needed him and cemented his rep as one of the most popular players in Memphis history.

And I could watch that play all day

Just little stuff with Dorsey rubs me the wrong way, finding Sasha Kaun after his dunk, holding onto the basketball after a make and posturing to the crowd (which I cannot believe the refs did not T him up for). The fact that Dick Vitale who LOVES every college basketball player known to man was md at Dorsey at the end of the Tennessee-Memphis game.

Oh and his infamous claims about how he was going to handle Greg Oden.

I hope for his sake he gets drafted in the 2nd round by a team with good veteran leadership, so they can show him how to act like a pro, the kid has talent.

Since I know next to nil on any of the prospects... Anybody have thoughts about the following? They seemed to jump out at me a bit, stat wise.

PG Sean Singletary (Virginia): Averaged 19.0 and 19.8 PPG the last 2 seasons with great FT%. Also had 6.1 APG and averaged almost 2 SPG for 3 seasons.

I'm probably the guy to talk about Singletary. He is as good as his statline says, though his shooting percentage was only in the mid-40s. All-ACC for, what, 3 years in a row, I think? I had the pleasure of watching him play a ton and he'll make a team who needs a 15-20 minute/game backcourt bench player very happy. Can play both the 1 and the 2--good ball-handling, and had to serve as the primary scorer most of his time in college. Undersized, still a bit prone to shooting up questionable 3s, and sometimes too eager to make the big play--half the time he'll make some absurd cut to the hoop or sink a crazy fadeaway, half the time he'll throw the ball away when he could have gotten it to someone else. Pesky defender as well. He has WTF mega-game potential too, occasionally throwing out something like 38 points, 10 assists, and 7 rebounds. At times, he pretty much was the entire team.

I think he can play right away and be a great 6th or 7th man when your all-star point or 20 PPG shooting guard need a break. He might be too small to ever really be a starter, but he can get on a team and stay there. I think he'll go in the second round.

I realised I came off a bit too defensive in my earlier post, since I agree with a lot of your thoughts on Dorsey.

Dorsey's a love him or hate him kind of guy. My dad thinks Joey can do no wrong, while he caused me many a headache. When he's on, there's almost no stopping him. If he's more the Good Joey than Bad Joey while in the NBA, I think he do okay for himself

Here is an article concerning trade rumors from Ford.

• The Phoenix Suns have put Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw on the table in attempts to either move up in the draft or secure another veteran to play alongside Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire and Shaquille O'Neal.

"I think our needs are pretty clear," one Suns insider told ESPN.com. "We can't ask Grant Hill to play 40 minutes a night, and Barbosa isn't really a point guard."

The Suns own the Atlanta Hawks' pick at No. 15, but the players they covet in the draft -- Russell Westbrook, Joe Alexander and Brandon Rush -- probably will be lottery picks.

Small forwards on the market include Richard Jefferson of the New Jersey Nets, Josh Howard of the Dallas Mavericks, Gerald Wallace of the Charlotte Bobcats and Tayshaun Prince of the Detroit Pistons.

But there are stumbling blocks to each deal. The Mavs might not want to send Howard to a rival team. Detroit president Joe Dumars is probably not interested in Diaw. The Nets need contracts that expire by 2010. And it's unclear whether the Suns would be willing to take back Wallace's contract. ...but they had no problem taking on Shaq's?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• The Suns and a number of other teams are talking to the Minnesota Timberwolves, New York Knicks, Los Angeles Clippers, Milwaukee Bucks, Portland Trail Blazers and Nets about trading up in (or out of) the draft.

The Wolves seem especially ready to make a deal if Michael Beasley isn't on the board at No. 3. They like several of the bigs in this draft, including Brook Lopez, Kevin Love and Danilo Gallinari, but none of them is worth taking at No. 3.

It appears the Wolves won't take back veterans, though. Several GMs told me that Kevin McHale is looking for young players only.

• The Knicks' Donnie Walsh would like to find a new home for Zach Randolph, but he has struggled to find takers. And New York would love to move up a spot or two in the draft to get O.J. Mayo or Jerryd Bayless.

If it can't, much-desired Westbrook might be the target. Word of the Knicks' interest in Westbrook has generated phone calls from teams trying to get him.

• The Clippers have been looking to move up to the No. 3 spot to get Mayo, and they've talked with a number of teams about virtually everyone on L.A.'s roster.

According to one Clippers insider, "No one is safe right now." With players such as Elton Brand, Al Thornton and Chris Kaman on the roster, the Clips could jolt things as the draft approaches. Now, I haven't seen the guy play, but is he really impressive enough to ship out one of those three for him? I doubt it.

• The Bucks have been trying to move up in the draft to add some star power to their team.

In particular, we've heard Mayo's name associated with the Bucks. The Bucks have been trying to get into that seven-team Mayo workout in Chicago on Saturday to get a closer look.

Bucks GM John Hammond has gotten a lot of calls, with other teams especially interested in Yi Jianlian and Charlie Villanueva. Mo Williams and Michael Redd are also in play in Milwaukee right now.

• The Nets, I'm told, did not make a promise to draft Gallinari -- in part, that's because they might not keep the No. 10 pick. They are trying to find a deal that brings them a star in the draft and/or allows them to move Richard Jefferson to clear cap space for the summer of 2010. Right now, it looks as though the cap space solution is the more likely option for New Jersey.

• The Blazers have the 13th, 33nd, 36th and 55th picks in the draft. Obviously, they don't want four rookies joining the two they already have coming in -- Greg Oden and Rudy Fernandez.

GM Kevin Pritchard, as always, is being creative trying to package those picks with young assets such as Jarrett Jack and Travis Outlaw and the expiring contract of Raef LaFrentz to move up or to get a veteran. Portland also is considering packaging those second-round picks to get another first-round pick.

To hear Pritchard talk about the Blazers' draft plan in our Tuesday podcast, click here. And by here, I mean the ESPN website, lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• We have, it appears, our first known promise of the draft. Multiple sources say that UCLA's Westbrook has shut down all workouts and has a promise in the mid-lottery range.

Apparently the promise isn't coming from the Knicks. They like Westbrook at No. 6, but they're also looking at Mayo, Bayless, Alexander and Eric Gordon.

The promise isn't coming from the Bucks or Pacers; neither team was able to get him in for a workout. Looks like D.J. Augustin will be the guy for the Pacers, if this is the case. I like everything I've heard about him so far. Hopefully this means the writing is on the wall for Jamaal Tinsley, but I'm not holding my breath.

That leaves the Clippers at No. 7 and the Bobcats at No. 9. As noted above, the Clippers are trying to move up to get Mayo, so I doubt it's them. That leaves the Bobcats as the most likely to have made a promise to Westbrook.

One other possibility: The Seattle SuperSonics have taken a strong interest in Westbrook, according to sources. Although No. 4 is a little higher than expected for him to go, one source said it's possible that the Sonics will trade down a few spots and take Westbrook.

More trade notes:

• With the Lakers flaming out in the Finals, it didn't take long for speculation about Lamar Odom to begin. A number of teams covet Odom because of his expiring contract.

I'd expect the Lakers to hear from the Nets (for Richard Jefferson), the Bulls (for Andres Nocioni), the Kings (for Ron Artest) and the Grizzlies (for Mike Miller). One of these things is not like the others.

The Lakers and Grizzlies, as you might remember, have a history.

• The hottest rumor of the day has the Grizzlies and Denver Nuggets talking about a swap that would send Kyle Lowry and the No. 28 pick to Denver for the No. 20 and Linas Kleiza. Someone want to explain Lowry's appeal to me? The guy was a late first-round pick who has started nine games in two seasons, but I've seen his name in a number of trade rumors.

• The Cleveland Cavaliers have been talking to a number of teams about Anderson Varejao.

One possible destination for Varejao is the Golden State Warriors. According to a source familiar with the talks, the Cavs would send Varejao and the No. 19 pick to Golden State for Brandan Wright. The Warriors hold a $10 million trade exception that allows them to take back a lot more money than they send out in a trade.

Guest Vitamin X

Jarrett Jack, yes. Travis Outlaw, no. Good to see James Jones isn't being mentioned in trade rumors; would prefer to see Martell Webster there instead of Outlaw, though. I completely forgot Raef Lafrentz was even on the Blazers still.

I don't think Big Roy will go until about 17, so I wouldn't sweat it. What direction do you want the Kings to go in, PG or PF?

I'd want them to get a PG, but from the sounds of things, Westbrook and Augustin will be off the board by the 12th pick. I've heard Anthony Randolph in a couple of late mock drafts, and while I'm intrigued by his upside, I'm scared of his bust potential. Donte Green and Darrell Arthur don't hurt my feelings, but I'm not very excited by either of them except they are both athletic, something the Kings sorely need. I'd love for Joey Dorsey to fall to the Kings in the 2nd round because he is exactly what the Kings need, but I've heard he might early 2nd.

Richard Jefferson? Oh shit son.

But I am fine with keeping Odom knowing how he and Gasol played together prior to the Finals.

Final Mock from Ford before the draft. The number in ( )'s was their position in the previous mock.

1. Chicago - Derrick Rose (1)

2. Miami - Michael Beasley (2)

3. Minnesota - O.J. Mayo (3)

4. Seattle - Russell Westbrook (6)

5. Memphis - Eric Gordon (7)

6. New York - Danilo Gallinari (10)

7. LA Clippers - Jerryd Bayless (4)

8. Milwaukee - Joe Alexander (8)

9. Charlotte - Kevin Love (5)

10. New Jersey - Brook Lopez (9)

11. Indiana - D.J. Augustin (11)

12. Sacramento - Mario Chalmers (26)

13. Portland - Alexis Ajinca (20)

14. Golden State - Kosta Koufos (14)

15. Phoenix - Brandon Rush (13)

16. Philadelphia - Anthony Randolph (12)

17. Toronto - Robin Lopez (17)

18. Washington - Darrell Arthur (18)

19. Cleveland - Roy Hibbert (19)

20. Denver - Jason Thompson (29)

21. New Jersey - J.J. Hickson (28)

22. Orlando - Marreese Speights (16)

23. Utah - JaVale McGee (23)

24. Seattle - Serge Ibaka (24)

25. Houston - Donte Greene (15)

26. San Antonio - Ryan Anderson, PF/6-10/225/20/California

27. Portland (from New Orleans) - Nicolas Batum (26)

28. Memphis - DeAndre Jordan (21)

29. Detroit - Chris Douglas-Roberts (27)

30. Boston - Courtney Lee (22)

And for the first time, the second round!

31. Minnesota - DeVon Hardin, C/6-11/235/21/California

32. Seattle - Kyle Weaver, PG/6-6/185/22/Washington St.

33. Portland - Ante Tomic (30)

34. Minnesota - Nathan Jawai, PF/6-10/270/21/Australia

35. LA Clippers - Jamont Gordon, SG/6-4/225/21/Mississippi St.

36. Portland - D.J. White, PF/6-9/240/21/Indiana

37. Milwaukee - Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, SF/6-8/221/21/UCLA

38. Charlotte - Bill Walker, SF/6-6/235/20/Kansas St.

39. Chicago - Richard Hendrix, PF/6-9/250/21/Alabama

40. New Jersey - Damjan Rudez, SF/6-10/200/22/Croatia

41. Indiana - George Hill, PG/6-2/181/22/IUPUI

42. Sacramento - Nikola Pekovic, C/6-11/245/22/Serbia

43. Sacramento - Omer Asik, C/6-11/230/21/Turkey

44. Utah - Trent Plaisted, C/6-10/240/21/BYU

45. San Antonio - Joey Dorsey, PF/6-7/265/22/Memphis

46. Seattle - Goran Dragic, PG/6-4/200/22/Slovenia

47. Washington - Walter Sharpe, PF/6-9/245/21/UAB

48. Phoenix - Pat Calathes, SF/6-10/204/22/St. Joesph's

49. Golden State - Josh Duncan, SF/6-7/230/22/Xavier

50. Seattle - J.R. Giddens, SG/6-5/208/23/New Mexico

51. Dallas - Malik Hairston, SG/6-5/204/21/Oregon

52. Miami - Sonny Weems, SG/6-6/193/21/Arkansas

53. Utah - Sean Singletary, PG/6-0/184/22/Virginia

54. Houston - Shan Foster, SG/6-5/195/21/Vanderbilt

55. Portland - Mantas Kalnietis, PG/6-5/194/22/Lithuania

56. Seattle - Semih Erden, C/7-1/240/21/Turkey

57. San Antonio - Mike Taylor, PG/6-2/166/22/Iowa St.

58. LA Lakers - Davon Jefferson, SF/6-7/213/21/USC

59. Detroit - Darnell Jackson, PF/6-8/241/22/Kansas

60. Boston - Sasha Kaun, C/6-11/247/23/Kansas

So...anyone have any idea what the fuck Kojo Mensah and Shawn James are thinking? Like seriously.

That said, Shawn James is going to be one nice free agent pickup or late second rounder. that kid can just flat out block shots.

Well, if they want to go over seas. But there is like no chance in the history of hell that they are going to get drafted. So they came out. As Juniors.

• The hottest rumor of the day has the Grizzlies and Denver Nuggets talking about a swap that would send Kyle Lowry and the No. 28 pick to Denver for the No. 20 and Linas Kleiza. Someone want to explain Lowry's appeal to me? The guy was a late first-round pick who has started nine games in two seasons, but I've seen his name in a number of trade rumors.

Just saw this. He was injured his rookie year but was obviously their pointguard of the future. This year, Conley was the guy as they felt he was too good to pass on, but I still think Lowery is the better player.

Kyle is Rajon Rondo with a slightly better jumpshot. He is a MONSTER defensively that is going to be a lock down guy at the PG position. Strong enough to stop the bigger guys, quick enough to stop the speed guys. Offensively, he can get where he wants to on the court off the dribble, is a good passer, but he has had trouble finishing at the rim. He needs to develop a floater and he is going to be a beast. His jumpshot is a work in progress, but he does have that range. He really is a good player that should be backing up the Suns at the point right now, but they traded away the chance at him. For considerations of a second round pick from Boston.

So who do you think will be the big name traded first this year? Who is mostly likely dealt on draft night?

Elton Brand

Gilbert Arenas

Shawn Marion

Jermaine O'Neal

A Detroit Piston

Boozer

etc......

Guest Vitamin X

It won't be Arenas, since he's a free agent now, and I somehow doubt Brand is going to be traded as well, maybe Marion as well.

My gut says one of the Pistons will end up being moved and that the Knicks might move one of their few tradeworthy commodities.