TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

2008 NBA Draft

Memphis had just made the worst pick so far, but my Knicks ended up trumping it with their next Frederic Weis level bust with Gallinari. Ugh.

How exactly was a guy that never came over a bust? I mean, shouldn't he have to play a game for it to be a bust?

I personally think this kid is going to be something special. Especially with Mike D'Antoni being the coach.

I think your #15 pick never playing a game= bust.

Seeing Knicks fan grade=F made my night

I really love Joe Alexander, his attitude is awesome. The level of intensity he has is going to be really good for him.

The problem I have with that pick, is that he plays the exact same position as Richard Jefferson. Alexander needs to be playing 30 minutes a game so he can improve, he's not the type of guy who's going to magically get better on the bench. It's a wasted pick, and a waste of a really good player.

That doesn't make the pick a bust. A bust is Raphael Araujo.

And Wilson Chandler is anything but a bust. Ronaldo Balkman is anything but a bust. Mardy Collins was the last pick in the first round. If that guy makes the team, it is something impressive.

I am sorry but naming late first round picks that contribute and calling them bust because they aren't putting up lottery pick numbers.

And Frye had a very solid rookie year, was worse in his second year and was a solid backup for Portland last year. you can complain because he was a 8 pick and all, but seriously...there is alot of reaching there.

What the Fuck were the Bobcats doing? They needed a big...so take a guy at the position where you have the most talent next year....SMART>

I want the Hawks to trade into the draft and take Robin Lopez to give them some defense and hustle off the bench.

So Yi gets traded a year after getting drafted? The NBA Draft always cracks me up. There's so many trades. Guys play one year and get drafted somewhere else or they get drafted and never even make it to that team. I guess it's just the way the league works though.

Mark Jackson - The Nets UPGRADED by getting Yi to play the same position that Richard Jefferson played.

So its a upgrade to get a guy that isn't as good at any aspect of the game as the guy you traded....Okay Mark.

Good pick by the Pacers.

And Wilson Chandler is anything but a bust. Ronaldo Balkman is anything but a bust. Mardy Collins was the last pick in the first round. If that guy makes the team, it is something impressive.

I am sorry but naming late first round picks that contribute and calling them bust because they aren't putting up lottery pick numbers.

And Frye had a very solid rookie year, was worse in his second year and was a solid backup for Portland last year. you can complain because he was a 8 pick and all, but seriously...there is alot of reaching there.

David Lee has been the best pick they've made and kept in this millenium and he's just an effort guy. Everybody else is a bench player at best on a BAD team. There's no one else on their roster that came through the draft that would get significant time on a playoff level team. When you get a top 15 pick you should at least get a starter and that's not what the Knicks have been drafting. Projects or roleplayers aren't good enough when you're losing 50+ games a year.

And the Clippers don't take a point guard. Not smart guys. You have Brevin Knight as your point now.

And really, do you really need another guy that will just put up shots with thorton there?

Well the Clippers also needed a shooting guard. The biggest problem the Clippers have had in the last few years is the lack of an outisde shooter and Gordon fits the bill.

David Lee has been the best pick they've made and kept in this millenium and he's just an effort guy. Everybody else is a bench player at best on a BAD team. There's no one else on their roster that came through the draft that would get significant time on a playoff level team. When you get a top 15 pick you should at least get a starter and that's not what the Knicks have been drafting. Projects or roleplayers aren't good enough when you're losing 50+ games a year.

Dude, you listed late first round guys and called the bust for being role players....which is what you get out of a late first round pick. Gilbert Arenas, Josh Howard, Kevin Martin, Michael Redd...those guys are not exceptions to the rule. Those guys you listed (collins, balkman) that is what you expect from those guys.

Oh, and a horrid pick by the kings. The LAST thing they needed was another big. Mikki Moore, Brad Miller, Spencer hawes, Sheldon Williams wasn't enough apparently (and I think I am missing someone).

And the Clippers don't take a point guard. Not smart guys. You have Brevin Knight as your point now.

And really, do you really need another guy that will just put up shots with thorton there?

Well the Clippers also needed a shooting guard. The biggest problem the Clippers have had in the last few years is the lack of an outisde shooter and Gordon fits the bill.

They had a serviceable shooting guard and BREVIN FREAKING KNIGHT as their point. You go with a point. The biggest problem they had last year was Brands achillies and Livingstons knee. Only one of those problems have been fixed. They could resign Maggette and he can play the 2 if you want. Mobley is, like a said, a decent 2. They just drafted a shooting guard that can't really dribble that well and can't guard opposing 2's.

At least they should have taken a tweener and not Eddie House 3.0 (salim stoudimire is Eddie House 2.0)

Most puzzling pick for me so far is Charlotte passing on Lopez to get Augustin. Sure he's good, but Felton has developed into a dependable point and they really needed some help for Okafor up front.

I want the suns to take deandre Jordan to play him along side Amare. Then they can just jump all over the place...could be fun to watch.

Most puzzling pick for me so far is Charlotte passing on Lopez to get Augustin. Sure he's good, but Felton has developed into a dependable point and they really needed some help for Okafor up front.

I agree. Although Sacramento is nipping at their heels with that horrible pick.

There you go anthony. Now get used to sitting on the bench. Cause Nellie ain't playing your ass.

Brandon Wright should be getting playing time before drafting another skinny, long big.

Dickie V breaks out the xenophobia as always.

To summerize "Foriegn guys suck fucking ass and you should always take americans. A Yao fucking Ming will never be as good as Jay Williams".

I like Robin.

I don't know if I like him on the Suns. They needed a backup point guard and a small forward.

They have Shaq, Amare, Skinner in the front court. So they draft big...hmph...

Sacramento had to take a big man who can finish at the hoop, says Coach Theus. I don't know what that makes Spencer Hawes, Brad Miller, SAR, Mikki Moore, Lorenzen Wright and Shelden Williams then. Sure, only a few of those guys have an offensive skillset, but when will Thompson even get a chance to play? Hawes didn't even get 15 minutes a game last season.

Get a fucking point guard, guys. Francisco Garcia as a combo guard is not the solution.

There you go anthony. Now get used to sitting on the bench

Don't worry, if you've ever seen any LSU game, guy's already got the "sad look" down to a tee. It's not even intentional either -- guy could have a 25+ pt night, and he's still on the bench with a look as if his dog was just shot at halfcourt.

i like Speights for the Sixers. They still need a shooter, but if they resign their free agents, they needed a PF.

Not a bad pick up for the Pacers. Don't know if I would have gone with him though. I think I would have gone with Kostas.

Guest Vitamin X
Jesus the Blazers just RAPED the Pacers. What the FUCK was that?

Fuckin' awesome, that's what it was!