TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

Chinese Democracy Leaks

"If The World" is the best of the bunch.....I think it's listed as new song # 3. Man, I was about to go to bed when i came across this shit. Now I will be up all night.

It could be titled anything! "Chinese Democracy" and "Madagascar" don't include the title of the song in their lyrics. However, given that we've heard about 100 rumored/leaked song titles over the years, I'm going to guess we have heard about this one before.

Well I'm pleased. Never cared for "Rhiad" and still sort of don't. But if this is 9 out of the 13 songs on the album, then it has a real shot to live up to expectations. I hope it does. Axl has become like a home sports team for me, I just root for the guy.

That was beautiful. Much better then I was hoping for, and I think it could possibly live up to the hype too.

I'm gonna listen to this shit on repeat all night.

Thanks for the hookup, Jaxl.

The thing about living up to the hype is...and this is annoying...

The album has become such a joke to most of the world that it's gonna get made fun of if it ever does see the light of day no matter what.

All I ever wanted was a really good fing album. I'm pleased to report the following:

Of the songs that have leaked:

I LOVE Catcher in the Rye, Better, The Blues, There Was A Time and Chinese Democracy (especially since they added that fucking awesome intro...but I rocked out to it since I saw them play it live way way way back on their very short tour).

I like IRS and Madagascar alot.

And the new songs today (We'll just assume that they're If The World and This I Love...since that's what Wikipedia told me they were) I like already after only a listen or two each.

Rhiad and the Bedoiuns is what it is...but this version I didn't hate as much as the crappy live one I heard a long time ago.

Still hate Silkworms.

In summation...bps21 is very happy.

I love the title track, Better, and Madagascar. I really don't dislike any of what I've heard, although I'm not a huge fan of If the World.

This version of Rhiad is so much better than the live versions I heard. I never even noticed the guitar riff in the live tracks, but I'm really into it here. The lead part is great too.

I always dug "The Blues"

The final (maybe) version of "Chinese Democracy" is awesome, and yeah that intro is killer.

Haven't heard this version of "Madagascar" yet, pretty good. I really like the string riff over the MLK speech part.

I've seen a lot of praise for "Better" but I'm not a huge fan of it.

First time I've heard "Rihad and the Bedouins" and I like it a lot. Not liking "If the World" though.

Thanks for the upload. It's sounding pretty great.

First time I've heard "Rihad and the Bedouins" and I like it a lot.

Count yourself as very lucky. The live versions that leaked before were just plain awful IMO. This is by far the best version that's come out. My head still holds the previous versions against it...but I have a feeling this will grow on me. It's already started.

He's right...it does. I didn't get a chance to hear it until everyone else was talking about how good it was...and I was underwhelmed. I spent alot more time listening to Catcher in the Rye and There was a time and ignoring Better.

Then a while later I decided to give it another chance and...yeah...I love it.

See, I've had "Better", or versions of it, for two years. Great song yeah, but I can't believe "If The World" gets no love. I have had it on repeat for a couple of days now, lol.

I'm actually giving this a listen. So far: the title track is completely awful, but "The Blues" is a completely satisfying power ballad. "IRS" isn't bad. Given how many different musicians have rotated through these sessions, I'm pretty amused by how many of the songs have a good bit of drum machine behind them.

Edit: haha, all these samples in the middle of "Madagascar" are retarded. MLK and Michael J. Fox, together at last! Wasn't "My World" proof enough that Axl should avoid getting too "experimental"?

Drum machines with this list of talented drummers too.....

Dave Abbruzzese of Pearl Jam

Josh Freese and A Perfect Circle and Tool

Brian "Brain" Mantia of Primus and who has played with Buckethead

and current drummer Frank Ferrer