TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

Chinese Democracy Leaks

Metallica has a song called "My World" that's equally as bad. I think that was also the name of Jeff Jarrett's TNA theme song. Not a good track record. I wonder what Avril's "My World" sounds like.

egomaniacle

Is that anything like Bionicle

Jesus, this thread is getting the worst of me. Maybe I should just stick to one sentence responses here.

My World- awesome lyrics.

YOU WANT TO TALK TO ME

YOU WANT TO TALK TO ME

YOU WANT TO TALK TO ME

YOU CAN'T TALK TO ME

YOU WANT TO TALK TO ME

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR SEX

YOU WANT TO TALK TO ME

YOU AIN'T BEEN MINDFUCKED YET

LET'S DO IT

LET'S DO IT

LET'S DO IT

OOOOOOOOOH MY DISTORTED SMILE

GUESS WHAT I'M DOIN' NOW

AAAAAAHHHHHHH

The great thing about Chinese Democracy is that everyone has an opinion on it. If this were just some Aerosmith or Ozzy album, you'd never see the Incs and Czechs and Edwin McaPhistos of the world in here (if Czech's reading this, he can replace the two aforementioned acts with Ratt or Enuff Znuff or whoever else he sees as GNR's artistic peers). But because it's such a big deal, every music fan has to put in their two cents, from people who never liked GNR in the first place declaring that "it won't be any good without Slash" from experts like Agent of Oblivion and Black Lushus expressing the unfounded belief that "It'll come out, but when it does it won't have any of the songs that you've heard before" to JAxlMorrison and Use Your Illusion exceeding any band advocacy seen on this board since the days of Choken One's Keith Caputo obsession. If you always thought GNR was shit, yeah, you're not going to see this as anything more than WCW entrance music or BUTT rock or sounds like Nickelback or whatever. Just remember that he didn't take 15 years to make an album that would go in the canon alongside Loveless and FutureSex/LoveSounds. He took 15 years because he's really lazy and he just didn't feel like finishing the record.

You know, I avoided Life of Agony and Caputo's solo stuff for the longest time because of his constant shilling. Only in the last couple of years have I been able to listen to it.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/kanye-...003918220.story

Music sales were down anywhere from 10% to 30% and hit albums released for Black Friday didn't perform up to expectations, according to merchants contacted by Billboard. Sources say Kanye West's "808s & Heartbreak" will sell in the range of 425,000-450,000 units, significantly down from 700,000-975,000 units previously projected.

Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" is expected to clock in at 250,000-260,000, which is also down from expectations that it would sell anywhere from 300,000-784,000 units.

Oh man I hope Bryant the Bub doesn't see this post!

The great from experts like Agent of Oblivion and Black Lushus expressing the unfounded belief that "It'll come out, but when it does it won't have any of the songs that you've heard before"

Wow...I really said that???

Don't get me wrong, I still love the stuff, but IRS and Chinese Democracy got the biggest pops from me all night, much to the confusion of the people surrounding me.

what's going to be hilarious is that the album will probaly be comprised entirely of songs we've never heard...

It's from the same thread where Banky and I sparred over his posting a Photoshopped picture of Axl's face on Ali G's body.

Music sales were down anywhere from 10% to 30% and hit albums released for Black Friday didn't perform up to expectations, according to merchants contacted by Billboard. Sources say Kanye West's "808s & Heartbreak" will sell in the range of 425,000-450,000 units, significantly down from 700,000-975,000 units previously projected.

Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" is expected to clock in at 250,000-260,000, which is also down from expectations that it would sell anywhere from 300,000-784,000 units.

Damn pirates and their Bittorents.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/reco...inese-democracy

The review you've all been waiting for.

The problem lies with Axl's creative direction: That same song is derailed by a grinding arrangement that suggests he's still looking to Korn records for inspiration. It's that flaw which ultimately delivers the fatal blow. Even if Chinese Democracy had dropped a decade previous, it would still sound dated. 1996 appears to be the cut-off point for sonic inspiration, a time when the height of electronic and rock synergy in pop music involved having an acoustic guitar and a drum machine on the same track. Fans deserve better than hearing Axl trying to fight with post-NIN nobodies like Stabbing Westward and Gravity Kills for ideas.

In an April Fools' review of Chinese Democracy written two years ago, Chuck Klosterman suggested that if it wasn't the greatest album ever released, it would be seen as a complete failure. Chinese Democracy needed to be a spectacle-- something that either validated its tortuous birthing process or a Hindenberg so horribly panned it would somehow validate Rose as a misunderstood genius. Instead, it's simply a prosaic letdown, constructed by a revolving cast of misfits ultimately led astray by a control freak with unlimited funding and no clear purpose, who even now remains more myth than artist.

I normally hate Pitchfork, but yeah, that's pretty spot on.

"Shackler's Revenge," "Scraped" and "If the World" should have been left on the cutting room floor. The first is lame nu-metal, the second sounds like "If It Ain't Broke, Break It" from Bat Out of Hell III and the third just doesn't work.

What? :confused:

1 KANYE WEST ROC-A-FELLA/IDJMG 443,559 808S & HEARTBREAK

2 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 257,047 FEARLESS

3 GUNS N' ROSES GEFFEN 255,341 CHINESE DEMOCRACY

Ouch?

She's from Wyomissing, PA. I knew a really hot girl from Wyomissing once. She dated two of my friends. She was not attracted to me. It hurt.

Accepting the fact that there was no way this album was going to turn a profit anyway, that's about as a good a first-week posting you're going to get from a new GNR album in 2008.

The talk of this album as a financial black hole is really overstated. The purpose of the Greatest Hits album released in 2004 was to recoup the expenses of Chinese Democracy, and it worked pretty well (Axl didn't wanted that album released, nor did Slash or Duff. One would think that was Axl releasing records on a regular schedule they'd me more amenable to his desire for them not to release it. Thus, we can assume that Guns N' Roses' Greatest Hits would not exist if not for the long wait for the new album. And for that reason I count the money made from Greatest Hits as a profit on Chinese Democracy.)

I wonder who released the first compilation titled "Greatest Hits." That's a name that has stood the test of time.

Color me very surprised by the low number of sales for this album. I agree that a new G 'n' R album would probably have limited staying power in 2008 (especially with lackluster reviews), but I thought that general interest in Chinese Democracy would easily push it over a half million. It was certainly the most talked-about album of the year. Too bad that didn't interest album buyers.

Guest Czecherbear

Ouch?

Taylor Swift is a pretty big deal.

Yeah, she is, and why? Not amazingly hot, not amazingly interesting in any way. My sister really likes that "Our Song" and has it on like every mix CD that makes its way into the car stereo, but what am I missing here? Is this Jessica Simpson for people who find Jessica Simpson to have become too edgy for their tastes?

She's a teenage girl who writes her own songs. Teenage girls love country music but they don't have anyone who sings songs for them, about them and really knows what they're going through. Until now. Now they have Taylor Swift.

Rock is dead.