TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

Chinese Democracy Leaks

Epic fail.

Well, I guess we can officially say Slash is more successful without Axl than Axl is without Slash.

Something I never would have predicted. Obviously.....prob cause Uncle Axl is known as an epic dick....anyone else agree that the 2002 VMA performance may have been the first nail in the coffin?

anyone else agree that the 2002 VMA performance may have been the first nail in the coffin?

It was a combination of taking forever to come out, egomania, the song "Oh My God", and unspectacular leaks and demos.

The anticipation behind the 15 year wait for the album was better promotion than some radio interviews and a music video could ever hope to be.

No way. Most of the country has no idea what any song on this album really sounds like, nor have they been reminded to think about checking it out; it's still a fairly limited number of people who went and listened to the tracks on myspace, etc.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Maybe it's the fact that Guns and Roses blow ass. Has this possibility been considered?

The anticipation behind the 15 year wait for the album was better promotion than some radio interviews and a music video could ever hope to be.

No way. Most of the country has no idea what any song on this album really sounds like, nor have they been reminded to think about checking it out; it's still a fairly limited number of people who went and listened to the tracks on myspace, etc.

Yeah not to mention the lack of taste of the general American public....ala Nickelback

The sales could bounce back with a successful tour, an MTV special, etc.....eh who am I kidding....it's over, lol. I still like it, that's all that matters. I just hope he doesn't reunite the old band. I like the new stuff better.

This album selling bad doesn't surprise me at all. Sure, the album is almost legendary because of its 15 year long wait, and some people wondering if it would ever be made, but doing no promotion for it would kill it in the end. I will end up listening to it, but my expectations are pretty low after I heard that song "Madagascar", which many people sounded scarred for life thinking it was so bad. I do like the title track though.

There will be no reunion, according to the record label anyway...

Contrary to published reports, Axl Rose has no plans to reunite the most successful GUNS N' ROSES lineup. GUNS' co-manager Irving Azoff told Sal Cirrincione of Premiere Radio Networks, "There are no plans of a reunion, nor have there been any discussions of a reunion, with former GUNS N' ROSES band members. In the future, we hope that if media have any questions concerning GN'R, they'd at least check their facts before running inaccurate stories for their own benefit."

The new GUNS N' ROSES album, "Chinese Democracy", sold a total of around 57,000 copies in its second week of release, causing it to fall out of the Billboard album chart's Top 10. The album experienced a 78-percent drop from its first week sales of 261,000 — an unheard-of decline even in these dying days of the CD industry.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=110650

I honestly believe the album would've done much better with Axl's support - he is one of two people that the world signify with Guns N' Roses and with a shitload of interviews and promo, along with a cool video, this could've been avoided. I'm not saying it would have sold ridiculous amounts, but it would've been successful.

You better believe Axl is reading into all of this too, because he's nuts. This shit will send him into seclusion till God knows when.

First off, if there was going to be a reunion, GNR management would deny it until the second they announced the tour. But there's never going to be a reunion, so don't worry.

Second, I really admire the way Axl fucked over the record industry on this one. Force out every member of your inner circle who isn't a total brown-nosing yes-man or yes-women, keep the name of the band even though you're the only member left, spend 11 years recording an album, be fed an endless supply of money to hire whoever you want, keep musicians, engineers and producers on payroll even if they aren't doing anything for you, tour when you feel like it, abruptly stop touring when you feel like it, headline a whole summer's worth of overseas stadium festivals when you do start touring again, bring your washed-up hair band also-ran best friend along on tour as a permanent opening act, bite a fucking cop in the leg and get off with a small fine, publicly fire an opening act for sucking, then release an album, don't do any promotion for it, and it still turns a profit despite bombing at retail. Now that's pretty awesome. That's how to be punk in 2008.

First off, if there was going to be a reunion, GNR management would deny it until the second they announced the tour. But there's never going to be a reunion, so don't worry.

Second, I really admire the way Axl fucked over the record industry on this one. Force out every member of your inner circle who isn't a total brown-nosing yes-man or yes-women, keep the name of the band even though you're the only member left, spend 11 years recording an album, be fed an endless supply of money to hire whoever you want, keep musicians, engineers and producers on payroll even if they aren't doing anything for you, tour when you feel like it, abruptly stop touring when you feel like it, headline a whole summer's worth of overseas stadium festivals when you do start touring again, bring your washed-up hair band also-ran best friend along on tour as a permanent opening act, bite a fucking cop in the leg and get off with a small fine, publicly fire an opening act for sucking, then release an album, don't do any promotion for it, and it still turns a profit despite bombing at retail. Now that's pretty awesome. That's how to be punk in 2008.

Well since you put it that way. GO AXL!

Now I want to bite a cop on the leg... "I don't believe in the reason pig!" *CHOMP*

Guest Czecherbear

The time on Gilmore Girls when Sebastian Bach played the lead guitarist in Lane's garage band and would hang out with teenagers when not managing a deli was kind of good.

I once considered changing my board name to "The Asian Chick From Gilmore Girls." I don't think it's going to happen.

You know, I think if I made an album it would sound just like Chinese Democracy. Everything from the voice to the drum loops to the 50 guitar tracks per song to the synths to the ominous song intros. If I ever teach myself to play guitar semi-competently, I can make this happen.

Apparently Axl broke his silence on a message board yesterday (whatever), I've only just woken up and am wading through the shit to see if this is legit or not, but it's good for comedic value anyway (the banter at the beginning)

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=133058

Check that out, that's where he apparently posted...or a recap of it or something.

Guest Czecherbear
I was interning for President-Elect Obama, we all found ‘Madagascar’ to be very inspirational on certain days.

I bet the Ron Paul youth corps wouldn't be caught dead enjoying "Madagascar."

Axl Rose, one of the biggest rock stars ever, gets on a message board in the middle of the the day (or night, don't know which) after hiding forever and decides that it is time to take on all comers for questions and even takes the time to fight with a poster. If this is true... Axl just like 20 million times more awesome. Fucking amazing.

Guest Czecherbear

The closest we've ever had to a celebrity on the board was the it'sstillrealtomedammit guy. Loss never did build a clientele.