TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jesus Freaks on Coke

Let's talk policy: game updates

How do we feel about the "my team won a baseball game" posts? I suppose they're innocuous, but a pain to slog through. Maybe we should give our baseball posts an extra moment of scrutiny before we hit the post button and ask ourselves "is this something that we need to share to the community at large?"

I don't see a problem with them in general. Most people are going to talk about what they know, and that usually comes down to their favourite team and whatever's in the news. Besides, people have to bitch about their team somewhere (even if they're in first fucking place).

I could do without hearing about whatever's going on with the backup shortstop for the Orioles on a daily basis, though.

I'm not going to do anything about it. I just wanted to get the pulse of the board.

Don't get mad at Czech, he just wanted to see what you guys had to say about them. Yeesh.

Anyhow, I've got no problem with them. Grating, but easily ignorable.

I don't see a problem with them in general. Most people are going to talk about what they know, and that usually comes down to their favourite team and whatever's in the news. Besides, people have to bitch about their team somewhere (even if they're in first fucking place).

I could do without hearing about whatever's going on with the backup shortstop for the Orioles on a daily basis, though.

only if we drop the woe is us cubs fans talk..

I'd check this one under "things that personally annoy Czech," along with the White Sox. Your constant Cubs pessimism is tiresome at times, but I'm not going to start moderating it.

Without those updates, I think the baseball threads would only end up with 20 replies.

There's nothing wrong with this folder at all.

Guest Vitamin X

I think everything is fine. I actually don't mind reading fans' opinions on here on their teams sometimes, because it gives something of an insider's perspective on the teams that I could give a shit about otherwise, like the Orioles, obv.

Guest !!!

I like when there's a community aspect to game updates, like the old days of OAO Raw, but I've made an effort to keep quiet during games I'm watching that the rest of you aren't. Like I said, I didn't plan to make any changes, I just wanted to know how you guys felt, and now we know.

How do we feel about the "my team won a baseball game" posts? I suppose they're innocuous, but a pain to slog through. Maybe we should give our baseball posts an extra moment of scrutiny before we hit the post button and ask ourselves "is this something that we need to share to the community at large?"

I think the better question is "is this something that will start, or contribute to, a conversation?" ... and if the answer is "no", then the post should be modified to make it a conversation piece.

I think a vast majority of what we all talk about would fail a "is this something that we need to share to the community at large?" test.

In game updates can be largely unnecessary but it can also produce some great sports folder moments like the 2007 Fiesta Bowl where even Czech joined in the fun.

Or the greatest thread in the history of the sports folder, the 2003 postseason thread. What? I'm the only one who thinks so?