TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Box Office Report...

Guest Smues

Transformers sucked, but what made me want to slit my wrists was the dialogue, specifically almost every scene with Shia Labeef. Yes, it WAS that bad. I was seriously squirming in my seat and trying to tune it out to stop the pain.

Is Get Smart worth seeing?

It's decent, but like somebody else mentioned, a rental at best although I think Don Adams would've enjoyed it.

One other thing with Love Guru, I really hated the overt advertising this film did, made me think they didnt have much hope for it in the first place.

They don't. On the YouTube channel - which I'll admit to liking a few of the videos - you'll notice all the comments are all positives. They moderate whats posted. Its just sad.

I'm glad its doing terrible. I was hoping Get Smart would kick its ass. Saw that on 20th and it was awesome. Typical mainstream popcorn movie. Though its rated pg-13, I daresay it was watered down enough for anyone in the family. Anyway, I quite liked it.

The first Austin Powers was a classic. The rest were balls.

Personally I think number 2 was the best of the series, with the first following very closely behind. The third... had some good moments but overall was embarassing. It was Myers giving a big 'fuck you!' to the fans.

Oddly, with all this advertising for Love Guru, I'm tempted to go back and rewatch all three.

Transformers sucked because if I'm going to watch a Transformers movie, I want to see giant robots beating the shit out of each other. Period.

Not some faggy ass kid trying to get his dick sucked while giant robots play hide and seek in his damn backyard.

Wow lot of hate here. I really liked Transformers. Then again I don't hold incredibly high movie-snob standards for summer popcorn flicks.

Yeah. I liked Transformers too. I don't get all the hate.

Wow lot of hate here. I really liked Transformers. Then again I don't hold incredibly high movie-snob standards for summer popcorn flicks.

How is

Transformers sucked because if I'm going to watch a Transformers movie, I want to see giant robots beating the shit out of each other. Period.

Not some faggy ass kid trying to get his dick sucked while giant robots play hide and seek in his damn backyard.

a "high movie-snob standard"? I'd really like to hear you explain this one Dama.

How is

a "high movie-snob standard"? I'd really like to hear you explain this one Dama.

I'm just talking about everyone piling on like it was supposed to be a work of art. And I really didn't see much trouble with the dialogue. And I don't get the LaBeouf(or however it's spelled) hate either. Just seems like people were expecting something that was going to win a film festival.

I saw plenty of giant robots beating on each other. My appetite was sated.

Guest Smues

How is

I'm just talking about everyone piling on like it was supposed to be a work of art. And I really didn't see much trouble with the dialogue. And I don't get the LaBeouf(or however it's spelled) hate either. Just seems like people were expecting something that was going to win a film festival.

I didn't have much expectation for the movie at all. I would have been fine with a mindless summer blockbuster. Instead I got god awful diaglogue that caused me to want to rip my ears off, 'Are you masterbaiting in there?', and GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS making urine jokes and having whacky comedic antics in a backyard. Fuck Michael Bay.

Even though I didn't like Shia as the "sympathetic underkid", I would have been mostly fine if it was just his storyline with the Transformers (though fazzle's quote was spot on), but instead we got a bunch of disjoint stories with awful extraneous characters who easily could have been dropped from the film, most notably the Aussie girl hacker and Anthony Anderson, as well as John Turturro as over-the-top Evil Government Guy.

I thought it was very similar to Attack of the Clones in which the cool fight scenes during the last half-hour didn't make up for the 2.5 hours of shit preceding it

GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS making urine jokes

I think Niskie contributed to the screenplay

though I must say, the whole "are you masturbating" scene did lead to one of my favorite Rifftrax quotes ever ("They caught him priming his Optimus!")

I'm just talking about everyone piling on like it was supposed to be a work of art.

So because it's a summer popcorn flick, it's excused from being criticised? I like summer popcorn flicks as much as the next guy, but Transformers was a big bloated mess.

And I really didn't see much trouble with the dialogue.

There were about ten different times in the movie, where the dialogue was so inane and awful, that my friend and I turned to each other and said: Michael Bay.

Just seems like people were expecting something that was going to win a film festival.

I wanted a fun popcorn flick. I got a 2 hr 25 minute illogical mess with half finished subplots and an anti-climatic battle scene.

By the time we got the big battle scene, at that point I didn't even care who was the good robot and who was the bad one. I just wanted the mess to end.

Well I guess that's your opinion. I was entertained by the movie and I've watched it several times on video since then.

Right, you can have an opinion that it was an entertaining movie. And people can think Transformers sucked, without being labelled as movie snobs.

Yeah. I liked Transformers too. I don't get all the hate.

Well I guess that's your opinion. I was entertained by the movie and I've watched it several times on video since then.

Right, you can have an opinion that it was an entertaining movie. And people can think Transformers sucked, without being labelled as movie snobs.

Exactly. There is a difference between a great popcorn flick (ex. Iron Man) and a mediocre one (ex. Transformers). That doesn't make us snobs.

There's plenty of movies that I like that aren't very popular.

Guest Smues
though I must say, the whole "are you masturbating" scene did lead to one of my favorite Rifftrax quotes ever ("They caught him priming his Optimus!")

Here's how much I hate that movie: I haven't even been able to finish the rifftrax. I'll have to try again soon I guess.

Exactly. There is a difference between a great popcorn flick (ex. Iron Man) and a mediocre one (ex. Transformers). That doesn't make us snobs.

See, but you say mediocre as if it were fact. I didn't think it was mediocre at all. I thought it was great.

See, but you say mediocre as if it were fact. I didn't think it was mediocre at all. I thought it was great.

Kahran was saying that he's not a snob, as he is able to enjoy a popcorn flick, like Iron Man. He just found Transformers to be medicore.

Really Dama, it's Transformers. Eddie Winslow is in it.