TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO Raw Thread 6/23/08

I thought they should have emptied the locker room and has them trying to help until Paramedics told them to give them room.

I highly doubt anyone in WWE looked at this as an opportunity to poke fun at a death in TNA's family. Seriously.

I doubt that was the intention, but still, face facts. Less than a month ago, the set collapsed at a TNA show and someone died. This was the #2 national promotion and their closest competition, so the WWE office was certainly aware that this had happened. And yet... they went ahead with a planned storyline about their own set collapsing and seemingly killing someone? That's just tasteless.

I doubt any of the new SD guys show up on this week's SD. Usually, the SD after the draft is the old roster saying goodbye and all that crap.

I was shocked Big Show did not win the battle royal and rip off his SmackDown! shirt to reveal an ECW one. Tazz seemed to pissed I thought it was building to a few more ECW guys, but I guess not. Oh well who cares, it's ECW. Hopefully they have the jobber draft this week though.

Vince was fine, he just told "Paul" he couldn't walk. The TNA connection didn't really cross my mind (and since Vince lives in his own bubble, I doubt it crossed his) but I am concerned this is becoming the yearly "Oh my God! They killed Vince!" show.

By the by, is Mark Henry injured? Even for him, that seemed like a bad performance. I don't recall ever seeing a man WALK so much for spots that usually require running (chagrining into a boot in the corner, an elbow drop).

I highly doubt anyone in WWE looked at this as an opportunity to poke fun at a death in TNA's family. Seriously.

I doubt that was the intention, but still, face facts. Less than a month ago, the set collapsed at a TNA show and someone died. This was the #2 national promotion and their closest competition, so the WWE office was certainly aware that this had happened. And yet... they went ahead with a planned storyline about their own set collapsing and seemingly killing someone? That's just tasteless.

And this surprises you why? Is this the first time WWE has done a "tasteless" act? Definitely not, and it most likely will not be the last time.

Doesn't surprise me at all, but jesus, after the shit they were put through over the past year, you'd hope that they might have learned the tiniest lesson from it. Apparently not.

I think when it comes to the business aspect of it, it's their way of trying to continue to entertain the audience no matter what they have to do to do it. It's going to get people talking, and this time it's more of a we feel bad for Vince because it happened so out of nowhere when he was giving away a million dollars, whereas last year he was a heel pretty much the whole time. When I suspended my disbelief for a split second, I actually felt bad for him in the kayfabe sense.

I was shocked Big Show did not win the battle royal and rip off his SmackDown! shirt to reveal an ECW one. Tazz seemed to pissed I thought it was building to a few more ECW guys, but I guess not. Oh well who cares, it's ECW. Hopefully they have the jobber draft this week though.

Vince was fine, he just told "Paul" he couldn't walk. The TNA connection didn't really cross my mind (and since Vince lives in his own bubble, I doubt it crossed his) but I am concerned this is becoming the yearly "Oh my God! They killed Vince!" show.

I'm surprised Show is a Smackdown star. He was drafted to ECW before he left and wasn't a part of another draft since. I could see Show being on SD and Raw for the Mayweather thing, but Show has been on ECW since Mania.

Same with Kane..he's a Smackdown talent with the ECW title. Chavo too. I never gave it a 2nd thought because of the talent exchange, but tonight just fucked everything up.

Shit...I just noticed that the only top level heel Raw has is Orton. Jericho could be if he wasn't stuck with the IC title. Raw is too loaded with faces. HBK, Cena, Batista, Kane, Rey, and Punk. Why Rey is on Raw, I have no idea. He was in a good storyline with Edge and Vickie before the injury...then Show destroyed him after the match. Both are on Smackdown/ECW.

Batista, Kane and Punk are all capable of being good heels to combat the others. Hopefully, Ted Dibiase Jr. can continue to improve and the new stable can infuse new life into the show.

I think Vicki is going to cop out and trade HHH for Cena.

Shit...I just noticed that the only top level heel Raw has is JBL

Fixed.

Depends, they can't go with the jump to RAW cuz he got kicked out of SD story because the storyline was he has to leave the WWE all together. It'll be an interesting storyline to bring him back and try to justify it.

I'd still like to see Undertaker take the cash and be the mystery partner on Sunday. Nice homage to history even though it would be WAY beneath him.

I just saw about the TNA accident in which a crew member died taking their PPV set apart.

hmm

Why is Marvin the only guy mentioning this? It was, what, two weeks ago where they had the set collapse and it really killed someone. And WWE does the exact same thing as an angle so insanely soon afterwards? Classy.

Someone mentioned it before me but all they said was there was an accident a couple weeks ago. I dont watch TNA and hadn't heard anything so I did a quick search and found it.

With the Vince thing, when he stood up and appeared unharmed from his fall from the stage, I thought it was going to be a big goof ending with him saying "Nah, we're not doing that again this year" or some kayfabe breaking joke to make fun of themselves before thanking everyone who registered for the contest. Then of course the sign fell...

I guess were're going to see a shit load of title changes at NOC to account foe the clucterfuck that took place tonight. I figure Edge will retain against Batista since Undertaker is on the verge of a return. Since HHH has been sent to SD, I guess that leaves Cena regaining his vanity belt. Since an ECW talent exchange with RAW is about to take place, I guess Finlay and Hornswoggle will take the WWE tag belts from Mix and Morrison, but the US and ECW titles are in a strange situation. If Big Show beats Kane, that leaves a Smackdown guy holding the ECW title, so unless he ends up sticking to ECW, that leaves that belt in a strange position. Also, is Chavo officially ECW or is he still a SD guy? If so, if he beats Matt Hardy, an ECW guy holding a SD title, that leaves the title still in ECW, thus technically giving RAW the IC belt and the US belt. However, Jericho hasn't had the IC belt with him in 2 weeks so maybe the belt has been silently cast-aside in favor the the US belt? This draft special made my head hurt.

If Chavo wins, they can simply say that Vicki met with the lawyers and got Chavo an permanent residence with Smackdown. That could play into the MVP situation about wanting his own restructured deal. In the past, they said ECW Title must remain with ECW but that was just to get Lashley over to Raw. They could easily have Vicki explain that the allure of having the ECW Champion isn't worth having Edge share the spotlight, so in order to make the deal for Chavo to stay on Smackdown, she gives up TBS to ECW.

Miz and Morrison losing the titles to Finlay and Hornswoggle would be a near travesty after the greatness their reign has been, even if they been dealt with some lackluster challengers. If they do the supplemental draft, they should just move Miz and Morrison to Smackdown for good.

I think Vicki is going to cop out and trade HHH for Cena.

Shit...I just noticed that the only top level heel Raw has is JBL

Fixed.

I don't think JBL is going to get another top level push. He was the first one eliminated from the 4 way and the fact that he wasn't in the battle royal at the end. He lost to Cena at the ppv and was wrestling the IC champ the next night.

I guess were're going to see a shit load of title changes at NOC to account foe the clucterfuck that took place tonight. I figure Edge will retain against Batista since Undertaker is on the verge of a return. Since HHH has been sent to SD, I guess that leaves Cena regaining his vanity belt. Since an ECW talent exchange with RAW is about to take place, I guess Finlay and Hornswoggle will take the WWE tag belts from Mix and Morrison, but the US and ECW titles are in a strange situation. If Big Show beats Kane, that leaves a Smackdown guy holding the ECW title, so unless he ends up sticking to ECW, that leaves that belt in a strange position. Also, is Chavo officially ECW or is he still a SD guy? If so, if he beats Matt Hardy, an ECW guy holding a SD title, that leaves the title still in ECW, thus technically giving RAW the IC belt and the US belt. However, Jericho hasn't had the IC belt with him in 2 weeks so maybe the belt has been silently cast-aside in favor the the US belt? This draft special made my head hurt.

Chavo is ECW according to tonight's roster. So ECW is keeping the US title no matter what.

Miz and Morrison can keep the titles since the "talent exchange" between SD and ECW is still alive.

Raw has the ECW, Women's and IC titles

SD has World/WWE

ECW has the US

WWE.COM already has a list of possible suspects including..

rikishi.jpg

"I did it for the people"

Is there really a list of suspects on wwe.com? I can't find it anywhere..

I didn't really get the feeling after the accident that they are going to go with a Whodunit angle. I think it's just going to be that there was an accident and now Vince changes somehow.

I just saw about the TNA accident in which a crew member died taking their PPV set apart.

hmm

Why is Marvin the only guy mentioning this? It was, what, two weeks ago where they had the set collapse and it really killed someone. And WWE does the exact same thing as an angle so insanely soon afterwards? Classy.

Someone mentioned it before me but all they said was there was an accident a couple weeks ago. I dont watch TNA and hadn't heard anything so I did a quick search and found it.

This was the first thing I thought when I just saw the show on tape delay.

At first I thought it was just stupid and it didn't really bother me. I guess it still doesn't bother me much...but it is a bit unsettling that no one would think of that when they wrote out the end of the show. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't their inspiration for the idea in the first place. Either way it's still stupid.

I had a few brief thoughts as the Vince angle was happening:

At first, I was getting a "Final Destination" vibe from it as it didn't all happen at once. It was like death was trying to catch up with him since he avoided it before. Then, I immediately began to think of the suspects that were trying to kill him. First thought I had was Ric Flair. I know it sounds retarded, but Vince was way too quick to patch it up with Flair tonight. It was like they wanted to make sure Flair is not pissed at Vince. I then thought of Vince's kids or wife, then Triple H.

John Cena was really quick to the scene to make sure that no one suspected him. I really dug that only the top three guys in the company tried to save Vince.

Well the rest of the boys had to get back to the shower after a long, fought battle royal and couldnt fuck with the on-going problem.

I'm surprised Show is a Smackdown star. He was drafted to ECW before he left and wasn't a part of another draft since. I could see Show being on SD and Raw for the Mayweather thing, but Show has been on ECW since Mania.

Same with Kane..he's a Smackdown talent with the ECW title. Chavo too. I never gave it a 2nd thought because of the talent exchange, but tonight just fucked everything up.

Shit...I just noticed that the only top level heel Raw has is Orton. Jericho could be if he wasn't stuck with the IC title. Raw is too loaded with faces. HBK, Cena, Batista, Kane, Rey, and Punk. Why Rey is on Raw, I have no idea. He was in a good storyline with Edge and Vickie before the injury...then Show destroyed him after the match. Both are on Smackdown/ECW.

batista heel turn

WWE.COM already has a list of possible suspects including..

rikishi.jpg

"I did it for the people"

It can't be Rikishi. He's wrestling in Spain.