TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

TNA Spoilers For Thursday 26.06.08

For Thursday:

A.J. Styles b Consequences Creed

Christian Cage b Brother Ra via DQ and post match 3-D, Tomko, and Johnny Devine put Christian through a table

Awesome Kong b Danielle in the $25,000 challenge. They did an angle with Taylor after

Frank Trigg is doing a promo and calls out A.J. Styles but it was a swerve as backstage it allowed Angelina Love & Velvet Sky to attack Karen Angle. Styles still made the save

Ultimo Guerrero & Rey Bucanero b Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino

Sonjay Dutt was doing a promo when Jay Lethal attacked

Team 3-D told Kurt Angle they are going to set him up with some dates

Moose b ODB

Booker T b Kevin Nash when Joe's interferenmce backfired

For a later show

Taylor b Raisha Saeed

Kip James & Petey Williams & Tomko b Eric Young & B.G. James & Matt Morgan

Jay Lethal b Daivari

Well it looks like Mickie isn't done with TNA then. That's pretty good I guess.

But no Doug Williams :(

Team 3D setting Kurt up with dates, I smell funny sketches!!

All in all it sounds pretty good. A lot of wrestling on the show which is never a bad thing.

That's not all for this week. They have to film three shows in two nights...so this is likely one and a half shows. As far as Doug Williams...they had to do the other X Cup tag match (which would be between Mexico and Japan) before they did any round 2 singles matches (which is likely where he would pop up)

Interesting to see how 'Moose' looks, considering she got messed up pretty bad in IWA a few days ago, because she was booked in a deathmatch tournament against a backyard moron.

Ultimo Guerrero & Rey Bucanero b Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino

That's all I need to hear.

What is with Moose's new look? I'm hoping it was just for that street fight type match, but they have her a white trash/hillbilly look with torn jeans, frazzled (and dyed) hair, and possibly "missing" teeth. She also has a new theme that starts out with "I hate bimbos", which I have never heard her say before.

I don't know but I have to say I enjoyed the hell out of that ODB/Moose match. Women's hardcore stuff is a style of wrestling that hasn't been explored much in mainstream promotions. It also fit ODB very well, kind of like it's what she should have been doing all along but I hadn't exactly thought about it.

You know, given how AJ Styles keeps getting his ass kicked over Karen every week I would at least hope she isn't telling the truth and is at least banging the guy. What incentive would AJ have to bother feuding with Angle and half the roster otherwise?

What is with Moose's new look? I'm hoping it was just for that street fight type match, but they have her a white trash/hillbilly look with torn jeans, frazzled (and dyed) hair, and possibly "missing" teeth. She also has a new theme that starts out with "I hate bimbos", which I have never heard her say before.

I'm thinking a female Raven after that match. What a sweet way to debut the women's hardcore matches. But extremely happy to see Moose start getting a push.

Here's something else I pondered: Karen Angle said she was just wanting to show up and go to work in TNA. Doing WHAT exactly? I mean she isn't a Knockout wrestler in that division. She isn't really managing anyone. So what exactly does she do in TNA to justify being under any sort of contract? Maybe if she started managing Styles or something it might make sense, but right now it seems like she's literally under contract to air her marital woes on national TV.

One thing missing from the spoilers was that Christian was actually put through a half glass table from 3D, a visual that I dont think I've seen in a match before, basically a normal table, only with the middle cut out and a window pane of glass put in. It was pretty cool actually. For the first time in TNA for them, I think I actually will remember something 3D actually did for a memorable angle in this company. The announcers actually sold the whole angle better than they have done in most cases, too. And they didn't rush the whole deal either after it happened, they let the glass table spot sink in before they went on with the show.

Just finally getting to watch Impact right now, but so far thats been a strong point of the show. I'm sure plenty of unintentional humor will follow soon. Oh yup, in no time, the Nash/Joe segment in the "back" went there already. Both of them were basically putting Booker over more than anything.

The Kong segment was once again really strong and it makes sense now how Taylor ends up getting an actual title shot (presumably next week or at the latest, the week after) against Kong, by beating Saeed.

The Angelina Love segment was really interesting how they played up the BCW stuff.

Frank Trigg actually cutting a pro wrestling promo actually came off a bit forced, but then again, maybe it was intented to be that way since it was just a bait for Styles.

Mexico/Japan tag match was REALLY strong for Impact standards of the in-ring work. Its fun to see CMLL guys here on the show, first time ever as TNA always just worked with AAA if I recall. Its been awhile since Ive seen Guererro and Bucanero too since Galavision doesnt show any CMLL anymore. They need to bring these guys back for part of that 12 man tag match, hopefully at the ppv and in a scramble match type bout.

Sonjay Dutt promo....wow, all kinds of strange. Why the fuck is Dutt cornered by four "Guru-ites" 10 year old boys? That's really weird shit there. His attempt at a televangelist preacher was pretty B-movie style bad but funny at the same time. The real highlight of this segment was those super urns (I never knew those was what they ever were until Tenay informed us) with smoke rolling out of them that Dutt took a bump into. Overall goofy as hell segment to say the least.

Booker T promo, awesome stuff. He's really at a peak in his character right now that he never really had in WWE.

Angle and Tomko cutting a promo in front of a sign that says "Emeril Live - HOT SET" - guess we know who's next door to the Impact Zone?

Moose's intro music, starting with her yelling "I HAAAAAATE BIMBOS" is fucking hilarious. That was a good match too between ODB/Moose, different for the women, but in a really strong way. More unintentional humor with Tenay calling ODB "he" at one point and apparently nobody caught it in post-production, or just said fuck it, lets leave it.

Booker/Nash was ok but nothing special, Booker definately carried Nash around though.

I think they kind of wasted the "glass" table here. It should have been something they teased until the PPV. Have them bring out the table, but put people through regular tables and say that the "glass" is being saved and then BAM one of them goes through it to send the fans home happy at the PPV. Also, I find it funny that they tried to get over Christian bleeding from the back with a towel covered in fake blood. I don't know if it was supposed to be seen before, but when the guy first got in there with the towel they showed it with blood before he put it on Christian's back. He did a good job though, trying to cover up his back so no one would think it wasn't cut up.

I quite liked the glass table spot but should have saved it for a PPV where it could have drawn money.

One thing about Sonjay is that it is obvious So Cal Val will do a heel turn on Lethal and side with Dutt in this. Having seen over a decade of Russo booking, I know a future cheesy heel turn when I see it.

I quite liked the glass table spot but should have saved it for a PPV where it could have drawn money.

One thing about Sonjay is that it is obvious So Cal Val will do a heel turn on Lethal and side with Dutt in this. Having seen over a decade of Russo booking, I know a future cheesy heel turn when I see it.

Oh I'm sure they will. Just doing one small spot on Impact to build to a ppv match is just the start of that spot. In fact I wouldn't be shocked to see Christian/Rhino/Styles v. 3D/Angle in a glass tables match at the next one, even.

I hope its a swerve unto another swerve and Val doesnt go with either or something. Maybe brings in a new guy to take off with.

Jed, I joked before the last PPV that it was so obvious Sonjay was doing the heel turn that they shouldn't even really do it at that point. I thought that Val would ditch Machismo, Sonjay would be bewildered, and she would run off with the American Idol dude or something. Then Lethal and Dutt can say the hell with her and start teaming or whatever.

Yeah Booker totally owned that whole match and angle after the match. He punked out Joe, and pretty much had his way with Nash most of their match, and then ended up getting the win from Joe's screwup. So while, at least in that segment, it definately was the emphasis being Joe/Nash, Booker was made to stand out more above the others. I'm thinking they are going to give Booker the belt and have him hold it until Bound for Glory, where he might face Sting and Joe in a three way? He's just so "on" right now that it would be stupid not to give it to him. This is kind of similar to Ron Killings back in TNA 02.

He's totally nailed his character. His backstage promo in his new dressing room was just fantastic. It's one of those things where something kind of unexpected happened that I think they should capitialize on. Odds are Booker's never gonna be this hot again for them (he just looks a class above the rest of the roster at the moment.) and I'd like to see them do something with that.

I think Joe will end up holding the title through this feud...but I certainly wouldn't mind Booker winning. I prefer heel champions.

Does Joe need to lose the belt already to the very first challenger to come along, though? He already looks like enough of a punk as it is. If they want people to take Joe seriously as a top guy, he needs to start kicking asses, and in storyline terms he should start with Booker. It's not like there are any big secondary babyfaces to take over his spot if Joe fails in this role; Christian was underwhelming as a babyface champ, Sting is just a part-timer, AJ seems permanently stuck in this love triangle angle (u see wut i did ther), and everyone else is too far down the card to be taken seriously as a contender.

Like I said, I don't expect to see them take the title off of Joe. I think he'll be holding it through BFG. I just think Booker's hit something strong and I'd like to see where that would go if he proved to be as good as he said instead of seeing him fail and where that goes. It's more of a character development thing than anything else.

Joe's gotta go through Nash at some point...and I wouldn't mind if that didn't have the title involved either