TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the pinjockey

Fantasy Football

Marvin is a no go for that Saturday time slot. So there is a second objection. If anyone else has a problem with the Saturday time/day, I'll set the draft back to Tues the 26th at 9pm and whoever can't make it will just have to pre-rank.

Guest Vitamin X

So is this thing on for tonight? I can't make it home right at 6 (and no, I'm not dipping out of work early just to make it on time to a FF draft), but I can make it maybe an hour later or so.

So, I rejoined my old 12-man league last weekend. Was forced into keeping

Joseph Addai, RB Ind

Brandon Jacobs, RB, NYG

Edgerrin James, RB Arz

Donovan McNabb, QB, Phi

Not awful, but not great. I think I had a really good draft, though. Keep in mind pretty much every elite player was kept. So my first round is pretty much a 5th round.

Michael Turner, RB Atl

Hines Ward, Wr, Pit

Rudi Johnson, RB Cin

Derrick Mason, WR Bal

Chris Chambers, WR SD

Vernon Davis, TE SF

Jon Kitna, QB Det

Jax Def

Bobby Engram, WR Sea (gotta pick a home boy)

Josh Brown, K Stl

Vincent Jackson, WR SD

LJ Smith, TE Phi

Very good depth at RB for a 12 man league (Rudi Johnson as your 5th RB is pretty sick) Very, very glad I got Michael Turner. WRs aren't great (and boy they're OLD) , but my plan is to hopefully have 3 very good running backs, and trade one for an elite WR. Addai is great.

Any recommendations on start/bench? Right now I'm starting Turner (w/ Addai of course).

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 K

1 Def

Rushing: 6 per TD, 1 per 10 yds.

Receiving: 6 per TD, 1 per 15 yds, 1 per 5 rec.

passing: 4 per TD, 1 for every 20 yds past 200.

-2 for lost fumbles, interceptions.

Kickers: 3 per FG, 6 from 50+, 1 per extra pt.

Def 1 for sack, 2 for safety or turnover. 6 for TD.

The scoring system is heavily weighted towards the QB on yards and the RB overall (WR are virtually useless).

I'd play it match up by match up with McNabb and Kitna. I'd also start Addai and Jacobs along with Hines Ward and Chambers (both should be better options at getting 5+ catches a week). Toss up between VD and LJ Smith. Just go with your gut there.

Remember: It's easier to overthink an option rather than going with your gut.

Saturday's starting to look pretty bad for me right now. I'm going to Michigan game at 3:30 and I was planning on going to a friend's b-day party later that night. Looks like pre-rank time for me.

EDIT: Looks like I'm gonna make it anyways, so never mind.

My fantasy draft was bungled horribly, but I've since gone to great lengths to craft the sort of winning roster that's led me to dozens of Super Bowl wins and countless undefeated seasons in Madden. Here's to hoping for a breakout season for Jay Cutler.

I did one for the first time ever. I guess my team's pretty good. I think I lucked out this first week since my opponent decided to start Amani Toomer instead of Larry Fitzgerald for some unknown, possibly drug-related reason. We also definitely had a girl who just tried to draft all the Redskins.

I'm not that excited about my team this year. I ended up drafting 8th out of 10 (serpentine, though), so I missed out on the top stud RB's. I'm hoping for the best, but I think I'm lacking the firepower to go all the way.

Last year I had the #1, and ended up w/ the best record in the reg. season (wins $ in our league), as well as overall champ, despite being without my top 2 WR's almost all year (Andre Johnson w/ an injury, Steve Smith with suckitude).

Yeah, this is my first attempt at this, also. I'm up against sideburnious in week one. I wish that I could say with any sort of confidence that I'm going to crush him and make orphans of his children, but I'm still sort of feeling my way through this fantasy football process.

Atta boy, Roy! I have emerged from my first ever fantasy football matchup victorious. I actually enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would.

That's what I get for not following my own go with your gut advice. I debated b/w Ricky Williams and Chris Johnson and stuck with Ricky despite the nagging feeling that I should start CJ. I promptly lost week 1 when CJ would've been an easy win, bah.

Who is PacmanJones Allstars in the TSM league? You should hang your head in shame. I'm crushing you on my way to a 2-0 start. That Jay Cutler pick is starting to look pretty good.

I'm going to throw out a question for week 3 in here. Not quite sure how it happened, but in a 10 team league I loaded up at WR and landed Plaxico Burress, Anquan Boldin, and TJ Houshmanzadeh. Based on the first 2 weeks Plax and Boldin obviously start at the 2 WR spots, and I don't really have a 3rd RB to put in a WR/RB spot. So the question comes down to Housh against the Giants vs. Santana Moss against the Cardinals. Moss was a TD better than Housh week 1 and went nuts week 2. Based on performance thus far I lean towards Moss, but I'd really hate to see Housh finally get going on my bench.

I'm going to throw out a question for week 3 in here. Not quite sure how it happened, but in a 10 team league I loaded up at WR and landed Plaxico Burress, Anquan Boldin, and TJ Houshmanzadeh. Based on the first 2 weeks Plax and Boldin obviously start at the 2 WR spots, and I don't really have a 3rd RB to put in a WR/RB spot. So the question comes down to Housh against the Giants vs. Santana Moss against the Cardinals. Moss was a TD better than Housh week 1 and went nuts week 2. Based on performance thus far I lean towards Moss, but I'd really hate to see Housh finally get going on my bench.

I would bench Housh until Cincy's offense shows it can click for 2 weeks in a row (let alone 1).

I don't know how this makes sense. I had Seattle's defense playing in both my leagues this week. In one they were credited with 9.00 points and the other they got 11.83. That extra 2.83 would give me a win in the league that I got 9.00 points.

3-0! Despite New England's defense getting gashed repeatedly by a fucking college play and netting all of -4 fantasy points, I managed to win by 20 over whoever Sticky Stahl Juice is. Jerramy Stevens and Pierre Thomas put me over the top.

Can we get a roll call for the TSM league? It makes it somewhat less satisfying not knowing which poster I'm embarrassing.

Who would you guys start this upcoming week as your flex player... Thomas Jones or Reshard Mendenhall? I'm leaning towards Mendenhall. Jones has really disappointed me so far, the Jets were overhyped.

I like Mendenhall to at least punch in a score on Monday night. What say you?