TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the pinjockey

Fantasy Football

Well, unless my players playing tonight have an epic meltdown, I'll be back to .500 and get off that losing streak that should've ended last week.

As predicted, I lost by 30+ points. Funny that in what would likely have been the only game where I would have considered starting him had I held onto the guy, I lost to a Flacco-led team. And the guy I ultimately replaced him with netted me -0.02 fantasy points. Ugh.

flacco had almost 12 points!

Yeah! Fist pump! I needed something out of Hines Ward to get a victory last night, and he gave me just enough. I'm somehow 6-3 now, even though most of my key guys have been going through a bit of slump recently. God bless Antonio Bryant. Without him, I would have scored in the high 20s this week.

I eeked out a 2 3/4 point win this week. I was kinda worried over going with Boss instead of Heap at TE after Heap had 19 points but Boss scored 15 so it wasnt that bad. Thigpen also had 19 points where Flacco had 15 as well, so I left some points on the bench, but it didnt come back to haunt me.

8-2, first place and most points scored (for now). Whoohoo!

Hey, good thing I signed BenJarvus Green-Ellis. A big rebound from last week's narrow victory, as I crushed the War Daddies by something like 20 points. I'm done with this fucking Jeremy Shockey horseshit, though. Until that whiny bitch starts doing anything, he's benched.

Now I read that Shockey is hated in the New Orleans locker room and could potentially get DeAngelo Hall-ed before too long. I should probably just drop the guy altogether, but I can't help but think that he's eventually going to bounce back and have a big game. Especially with Brees throwing 50 times a game, and with the Saints constantly playing from behind because their defense is so awful. I don't know. It'll definitely be Zack Miller next week, though.

Who is this False Face Society character? His fantasy team has a sort of charming "haunted house" quality about it, but playing him is almost like having an off week. He started Tony Romo last week. Think about that for a second.

I need Kellen Winslow to injure his leg performing a pre-game motorcycle stunt or for him to get called up to active duty sometime between now and 8:15. If he accounts for more than 10 fantasy points, I lose.

I'm having a hell of a time getting any sort of consistency out of a second running back right now. Last week, I was able to ride BenJarvus Green-Ellis to victory. This week, he gets two carries for nine yards. I've been through this with Pierre Thomas, one of those guys in Kansas City, and scores of others. I'm thinking about just starting three receivers, as I've at least been getting consistent production out of those guys.

I got served this weekend. Randy Moss catching three TDs was pretty much the dagger. It was another one of those odd weeks where none of my guys did anything in particular. I think Marion Barber was the best of the bunch, and even he had a down week by his standards. Oh, well. 8-4.

All I needed was a measley 6 points from Kevin Walter...nope, didn't happen. Of course many points were left on my bench (including Matt Jones playing tonight) so that sucks. If I end up missing the playoffs with my point total, that'd be one hell of a chokejob.

EDIT: Actually, after looking at the standings and whatnot, I'd probably make the playoffs even with a loss next week, so I might be good to go.

I'm now 9-4 and likely to be the third seed in the playoffs. It seems like there's a fair number of guys in this league who have just stopped paying attention.

FANTASY FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS. THERE'S ONLY ONE DECEMBER.

Dane-Cook-Biography-2.jpg

tbsFrankTvAd-330x190.jpg

So I'm the #3 seed and coming off of my best point total of the season, thanks in large part to a monster performance by Antonio Bryant last night. I'm matched up against the War Daddies, who gave me a pretty thorough ass whooping a few weeks back.

Looking at the NFL gamecast, it appears that bad Drew Brees has shown up at the worst possible time. Hopefully he can pull out 2 TD's and 300 yards in garbage time like he usually does.

Not to mention that my opponent has Pierre Thomas...not good.

Yeah, picking up Pierre Thomas (for the second time) has proven to be one of the better moves I've made. I think I got him to replace an ineffective Cedric Benson, so I came out of that one looking pretty good.

Lonestars and Steamers won today already, the other matchup will be a battle of Kickers between Karney tonight for Pawtucket and Akers tomorrow for Upstate who is up a slim 3 points.

Im up 14.38 points with Brian Westbrook and Kevin Boss still to go vs Eli Manning for Champs. Really hoping Eli doesn't give Champs the lead tonight but Westbrook should be able to get it back tomorrow.