TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

Spoilers for July 3rd.

a better report from another site

The only difference is they have MCMG going over Roode/Storm. Roode and Storm's new tag team is called "Beer Money"

- AJ/Karen cut promo in the ring. AJ calls out Kurt, 3D comes out instead. They beatdown AJ and grab a table before Rhino makes the save. He challenges them and Kurt to a six-man Full Metal Mayhem match at VR.

- LAX promo from Houston, Backstage. Roode/Storm come out and cut a promo.

- MCMG d. Roode/Storm. After the match Roode/Storm handcuffed MCMG to the posts and beat them with straps. They then beat down refs, security, and Don West outside the ring and then pulled Penzer in it and beat him down. Cornette came out and said they would have to face two big men later that night (Nash/Joe).

- Rey Bucanero d. Alex Koslov.

- Kurt comes to the ring. 3D follows and Ray brings out an '11' he picked for Kurt. He gets mad at her and then the Beautiful People come out and bag her. Karen comes out and slaps Kurt, then starts hitting the BP. Rhino, ODB, and Gail run out to help.

- Milano Collection A.T. (w/invisible dog leash) d. Curry Man. Great match...

The Beautiful People & Kurt vs. Gail, ODB & AJ was announced for tonight.

- Joe/Nash d. Beer Money (that's their official team name). While Joe and Nash talk after the match the lights go out and Sting's music hit. No appearance though.

- Doug Williams d. Yoshino.

- Taylor d. Awesome Kong to win the $25,000 and the TNA Women's Knockout Championship. Good match and the crowd was really behind Taylor. Roxxi came out during the match and celebrated with Taylor after.

- Kaz d. Ultimo Guerrero. Kaz slipped off the top rope and looked like he hurt his knee pretty bad but he finished the match.

- Booker T promo in the ring, calls out Joe. Says he's beaten people like Martel, Austn, and Jericho and that Joe can't beat him. Sting's music hits and he comes to the ring. Says he doesn't know who's going to win but he'll be at VR to watch.

- Moose d. Roxxi in a Bimbo Brawl earlier.

Beer Money?

That is a stupid name, but that shouldn't be suprising, when you think about the idiots who books the show.

Wow, they're pushing the HELL out of Roode & Storm. But... "Beer Money"? An old Acolytes catchphrase?

The Beautiful People & Kurt vs. Gail, ODB & AJ was announced for tonight.

So did this happen? And how did they avoid man-on-woman contact? Stupid badly written spoilers.

- Moose d. Roxxi in a Bimbo Brawl

Ain't enough facepalm gifs in the world.

Wow, they're pushing the HELL out of Roode & Storm. But... "Beer Money"? An old Acolytes catchphrase?

I'm expecting some backstage skits with Roode and Storm sitting at a table with beer, playing poker, smoking cigars, and with a door set up for people to knock on and walk through.

"Beer Money" was an expression long before Bradshaw & Simmons started using it. I think it's a stretch to say that it should be identified, or exclusive, to them.

Having said that, though, it's still a stupid name for a tag team.

"Beer Money" was an expression long before Bradshaw & Simmons started using it. I think it's a stretch to say that it should be identified, or exclusive, to them.

But at least this will somewhat end the arguments about Storm and Roode just being a thrown together team.

Now they at least have a team name.

But at least this will somewhat end the arguments about Storm and Roode just being a thrown together team.

Now they at least have a team name.

I am happy with this. Its a STUPID name, but at least they have some unity for their team.

This isnt results just for July 3rd, they also taped for July 10th also on here and probably some from Monday's spoilers too. So basically 3 shows taped in two nights out of sequence.

Wow, I'm shocked they killed the 25,000 challenge already, although this Taylor (who is Shantelle Taylor, correct?) has a ton of potential. I don't understand, though, how she ALSO won the Knockout belt. That might be a error there in the report.

I agree with whoever said the spoilers were badly written and hard to follow, especially some "11" hand picked for Kurt, leading to whoever that is (its not explained) being bagged by the chicks, and then Karen comes out, slaps Kurt, and then I'm not following what happened after that, I'm guessing what he was trying to say is Karen then leaves the ring and then the crew of Rhino, Kim, and ODB run out to save whom, this mystery number 11?

Also, its not explained but the idea is for the ppv to be Dudleys/Angle v. Styles/Christian/Rhino I believe.

It's also impossible to figure out the standings in the World Cup from these spoilers as well. Wasn't there supposed to be some 12 man tag or something? Or maybe thats for the ppv alongside Ultimate X. With that said though, I bet Milano v. Daniels on one of the Impacts here should be great.

And WTF is a Bimbo Brawl?

And I don't see where Booker/Joe is an "afterthought" to Joe/Nash by either these spoilers, or especially by watching the shows. You're seeing simple very undetailed results here and if history has taught us anything, its that these shows end up having way way WAY more stuff that is on paper.

Excited to see Sting play a part in the world title situation down the road here. I'm expecting Nash/Joe to fill out August and September's ppvs with Sting/Joe at Bound for Glory, more than likely.

Sounds confusing which will actually make me watch the show just so I can make sense of it all.

Beer Money is dumb. But now I can't say "they're not a tag team". And I'm glad of that.

It's becoming a running gag that Sting gets the title shot at BFG. He'll job there of course. As far as Nash/Joe goes, while I appreciate the slow burn is the end result here really going to be any good? Wouldn't it just be Joe beating Nash is a mundane match?

I don't understand, though, how she ALSO won the Knockout belt. That might be a error there in the report

I'm pretty sure both are on the line in the challenge. At least that's how I thought it went.

Milano vs. Curry Man = epic win.

A better set of spoilers, from PWInsider

Credit: Alex Hernandez and PWInsider.com

Impact:

- Impact opens with AJ Styles and Karen Angle in the ring. AJ challenges Kurt Angle to come out and face him but Team 3D attack him. Before they can put him through a table, Rhino makes the save and challenges Angle and 3D to face he, Styles and Christian Cage to a Full Metal Mayhem match at Victory Road.

- Don West and Mike Tenay interview LAX via satellite. Robert Roode and James Storm come out and rip on LAX. This sets up Roode and Storm vs. The Motor City Machineguns....

- Roode and Storm defeat the Machineguns, then handcuff and lash them. The referees and security try to stop them and get lashed as well. They drag Dave Penzer into the ring and lash him Jim Cornette comes out and says he is going to find the two angriest and meanest guys to face Storm and Roode.

- Moose defeated Roxxi, who was busted open around her eye during the bout.

- World X-Cup Match: Rey Bucanero pinned Alex Kozlov in a World X Cup Match.

- World X-Cup Match: Milano Collection AT pinned Curry Man.

- Kurt Angle comes out and complains his blind dates were horrible and calls out Team 3D Brother Ray says he lost his little black book so he used Devon's and apologized. They bring out a hot girl named Sandy but Angle says all women are pieces of sh** and the Beautiful People attack her. Karen Angle comes out and tries to protect Sandy but gets surrounded. AJ Styles, Rhino, ODB and a few others make the save.

- Samoa Joe and Kevin Nash teasing dissension, defeated James Storm and Robert Roode. Sting's music played and the lights flickered.

*Doug Williams defeated Masato Yoshino.

- Shantelle Taylor defeated TNA Knockout champ Awesome Kong in the $25,000 challenge.

- In a World X Cup match, Kaz defeated Ultimo Guerrero.

- Booker T comes to the ring and calls out Samoa Joe. Booker says Kevin Nash is right and he can't beat him. Booker runs down a list of names he has beaten in the past. Joe says he will beat Booker in Houston in front of his friends, family and wife. Sting's music plays and he comes out and says he will be at Victory Road to see who wins.

- AJ Styles & Gail Kim & ODB defeated The Beautiful People & Kurt Angle. MMA star Frank Trigg attacked Styles. Kim got paperbagged.

When the challenges first started they said the title was on the line. Then they stopped saying that. So...I guess it still was.

And I never thought the title was ever on the line during these open challenges, so there ya go.

Note that the second set of spoilers that it didnt state that Taylor won the belt. I hope she didnt actually win it as I think the novelty of someone actually beating Kong in the challenge itself is good enough without the title win. That will set up a solid actual title match, probably at the ppv, between the two, and THAT would be for the title. Its moreless like she earned her shot by winning the challenge.

I kinda hope she did win it. Then Kong can win it back at the ppv. I like the idea of the heel losing everything when they were so cocky with the challenge. Of course...now pissed off Kong can go for revenge and her title...and the new girl will be remembered as the one who finally ended Kong's run.

Kong's such a different character that her losing without losing the title would kind of hurt her more than just losing it and winning it back I think. I don't know if that makes sense... I'd rather not look at her as the champion who just got beat by someone...and rather as the former champ who's going to f'n kill this bitch.

Booker T promo in the ring, calls out Joe. Says he's beaten people like Martel, Austn, and Jericho and that Joe can't beat him.

So did he pin Matt Striker's alter-ego for the Kurt Angle three minute challenges, defeat The Model, or abuse Sister Sherri?

He meant Rick Martel, they feuded briefly around 98. Kinda weird to randomly mention him in the list of names though.

...wait, when the hell did Booker ever beat Steve Austin?! They were on the same side during Invasion, and Booker was a midcard jobber for the rest of Austin's in-ring career. I don't remember them ever wrestling each other at all, much less Booker going over. The closest they ever came was when Booker ran in on the title match at KOTR 2001... and promptly threw Austin over the announce table too hard and wound up breaking his hand, so I can't imagine he'd be proudly bringing that up. I call shenanigans.

Kinda weird to randomly mention him in the list of names though.

Martel was a huge babyface back in the day, pre-WWF Strike Force & The Model gimmicks. Former AWA World Heavyweight Champ. He used to make the rounds as coverboy of PWI rotating with Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Sting, Magnum TA, Dusty, etc. I still remember this one poster they had in PWI that had all "big three" World Champs on it: Flair, Hogan & Martel. He's probably big with Booker as he no doubt watched him getting into the business, but it was probably lost on today's casual/new fan.

When the challenges first started they said the title was on the line. Then they stopped saying that. So...I guess it still was.

And I never thought the title was ever on the line during these open challenges, so there ya go.

Note that the second set of spoilers that it didnt state that Taylor won the belt. I hope she didnt actually win it as I think the novelty of someone actually beating Kong in the challenge itself is good enough without the title win. That will set up a solid actual title match, probably at the ppv, between the two, and THAT would be for the title. Its moreless like she earned her shot by winning the challenge.

In the latest Observer that just went up at f4wonline.com, Meltz says "Taylor has already won the title on Impact" while adding later that "Taylor gets a title shot at Victory Road", so I don't think anybody knows for sure.

In the latest Observer that just went up at f4wonline.com, Meltz says "Taylor has already won the title on Impact" while adding later that "Taylor gets a title shot at Victory Road", so I don't think anybody knows for sure.

And if Da Meltz doesn't know we're all fucked.

They did wrestle. After fighting in a supermarket they would have a match. I wanna say it was on Smackdown...and I wanna say Booker won with interference fromt the Big BossMan. I think it was a first blood match.

Sounds about right. And am I alone in absolutely loving that Austin/Booker fight in the grocery store? I mean, from Austin singing 'That's Amore" before pasting Booker with a frozen pizza, squirting him with the Grey Poupon, coming out of the walk-in freezer, Booker attacking that other guy who wasn't Austin only to have him open a can of beer behind him before attacking...it was a great, great segment. Perfect ending too, with police sirens in the background as Austin walks off-screen: "Price check on jackass!" :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQD9xE---70

I'm really loving this team of Beer Money more and more. James Storm has gotten great on the mic from where he once was.