TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

Spoilers for July 3rd.

That was a very good tag team match. The work between Roode and Storm was very good. Sabin and Shelly remind me a lot of the team of York and Mathews. I like that Beer Money not only comes out to the same music, but also have the same color gear. Shows good unity right there, and they look like a real team. And I like them even more for taking out Don West. That's the best thing, and they should be cheered like Gods for that.

I also love how Tenney made a point to tell the fans that Beer Money is for Storm (cause he likes to drink beer) and Roode (money, because of his bank roll), thanks for pointing out the obvious.

If one could take the good thing about RAW, the main event scene (now with surprises) and the good about TNA (Knockouts and Tag Team division, and X-Division guys) and mix them together, you'd have a pretty entertaining show.

Mickie Knuckles is AWESOME. I'm wondering if they kept Roxxi off the air for a few weeks to let her head heal?

Now I don't hate them, I actually like them, but are these 'Behind the scenes' vignettes, really the way to go? I mean they sit there and say "They made Matt Morgan into an idiot, they didn't use him right." Of course, ten seconds later, out comes Curry Man. (Which he's over, but you get my point)

Yea, we're at a point where everyone's supposed to know wrestling's fake. But you don't just come right out and say it, during your program.

Might sound stupid, but is Curry Man not Christopher Daniels now? Reason I ask is the hair.

I believe his mask has fake hair or something.

Man, I was so psyched to see Milano and Yoshino back together again... and then I realized that it was Doi with Milano and they had just completely fucked up on that. Sigh, TNA. I was also disappointed that Milano wasn't busting out any llave goodness tonight and mostly just stuck with his impact moves.

I have to say....I don't get this Roode/Storm push, or at least the mechanics of it. These guys formed a few weeks ago and haven't won a single match yet are getting a tag title shot on PPV? Tonight alone they lost to the MCMG and then came back and lost to Joe and Nash in the main event, two guys who are close to feuding. What should make me want to order a PPV to see these guys lose again to LAX?

I liked most of what I saw tonight, the Machine Guns against Rude and Storm, Don West whipped, Moose against Roxxi, the Mexican against the Russian. Like most everybody else probably I figured a fat or ugly woman and a man would be two of Angle's dates. Comedy gold...I fell asleep before that wrapped up with Angle about to confront Bubba Ray over it, I'm sure I missed a lot there. I woke up in time to see Raisha Saed or however it's spelled against the new blonde kid, I really liked the match. I'd make the time to watch a weekly one-hour knockout show, I did read where it's being talked about but that might be wishful thinking or just ordinary network discussion about possibilities. Some in here will disagree but I'm glad they cut away quickly from Roxxi getting opened up.

I just looked on the TNA site and it looks like there's about a dozen woimen's wrestlers plus they don't even have Moose or Taylor on it yet for some stupid reason. That's plenty for a one hour show, and the likes of Val, Hemme and Angle could be part of it as managers or in the ring every now and then. And of course Daffney, etc, could be used to mix things up with new matches from time to time or even be added full time if they get over. I'd watch. It's surprising how women's wrestling has gotten good, quick, in both leagues, just shows when they want to produce quality they can at any time.

Looking at the roster quickly you could have a group of faces with Gail Kim, ODB, Roxxi, Traci Brooks, Salinas and Taylor, the heels with Kong, Saed, Moose, Love and Skye, Jacqueline and Hemme. Have Saed double as Melissa again, I'd say many fans won't get it at first and maybe do a split personality gimmick. I haven't seen Scott Steiner's woman on lately, at the very least they could be jobbing her against Taylor or Roxxi to keep getting them over. I guess Rude's stalker fan is gone. I wonder if there's ever been a stronger group of women's wrestlers on a national show? GLOW doesn't count. I never though I'd say this after the diva garbage the last few years but these ladies have me excited about watching the product again.

I have to say....I don't get this Roode/Storm push, or at least the mechanics of it. These guys formed a few weeks ago and haven't won a single match yet are getting a tag title shot on PPV? Tonight alone they lost to the MCMG and then came back and lost to Joe and Nash in the main event, two guys who are close to feuding. What should make me want to order a PPV to see these guys lose again to LAX?

Did they get the title shot before or after they whipped LAX and Guerrero? Yeah I don't pay attention to the details sometimes. Maybe the logic is that they goaded LAX into giving them a crack at the belts by humiliating them. I don't think it would have hurt to go to a no contest against the Machine Guns and they still could have whipped them (and West).

Pretty good addition of Impact. I'm liking Beer Money now that they feel like a tag team. They're kind of like Rated RKO with the mixing of their two entranace themes.

The world X cup matchs were good but crimially short.

Taylor vs Saeed was good. It's amazing how Mellissa can wrestle in that bloody awful attire.

Moose vs Roxxi was really fun but for someone who is the "queen of hardcore", she blew two of the big spots in the match. Not that it mattered too much, I enjoyed the match and her character is a lot of fun.

Anyone else smell a Joe heel turn?

Just saying....but...#3 I would totally nail...

Of course she is a great friend of mine....

And she does not have IBS....but...it was her idea to make that the reason she was getting up....TNA wanted it to be coke....but when the crew heard IBS...it was waaaaaaayyyy better....and I agree...

I think TNA found a diamond in the rough with Taylor. She and Melissa put on a hell of a match.

This was my first time seeing Shantelle and she was pretty good. Of course i've never seen a bad Cheerleader Melissa match. But is it just me or does Taylor look a lot like Kelly Kelly/Michelle Mccool? I guess that's why WWE released her.

The World X cup stuff was my favorite part of the show. Especially seeing Bucanero drop Kozlov right on his head. I just saw a match with the two from Arena Coliseo and it was much better. Kozlov can really go and I think he will impress at Ultimate X. And I think I need to see more Milano. Any Suggestions?

The rest of the show was horrible. Especially the talking segments. Whoever writes Angle's dialoge or the interview segments should be fired. Just horrible. And can Moose actually wrestle without weapons? I still don't understand why they had Roxxi lose her hair and just job her out to freaking MOOSE?

I'm really looking forward to Taylor vs. Kong next week as Taylor does that thing with Kong in her matches that Gail Kim does so well (and ODB didn't) that just make the matches fun. I don't know what the word is for it...but it makes you just root for her with every move. The Impact Zone was going nuts for her last time and again last week when she did the run in. So that should be a fun watch.

And I think I need to see more Milano. Any Suggestions?

I think his Japan debut vs. Ryo Saito is on Youtube. Definitely check that out for an example of how great Milano can be, though he doesn't wrestle that kind of style anymore.