TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
panthermatt7

SPIDER-MAN 4

I think the big question here is if this board will still be around in time for THIS VERY THREAD to be the one used for when it's released.

Think about it. That's three years away.

Why wouldn't the board be here? As far as I'm concerned it should never disappear and if there's ever any danger of that I'm sure there are more than enough of us here who'd gladly step in to help keep it afloat.

Why should we be concerned? I'm sure Sony is confident the script will be in soon and they can get a movie done in 2.5 years

2 and a half years is a long time.

But for a big blockbuster with no script, that's not a long time at all.

I think it's actually kinda silly how much time Peter spends NOT wearing the mask. Like, literally EVERY SINGLE VILLAIN in the first three movies knows who he really is by the end of the movie.

That said, if they're actually gonna put some effort into it and plan ahead for more movies, so we don't get stuff rushed through like in 3 (that movie would been 10X better had we not seen the symbiote again after the bell tower scene and Venom was saved for 4), I'm all for more Spider-Man movies, no matter who plays Parker.

I don't think it's silly at all to focus more on Peter himself...the fun part of the character is how he balances his regular life with being Spider-Man.

Guest Vitamin X
I think the big question here is if this board will still be around in time for THIS VERY THREAD to be the one used for when it's released.

Think about it. That's three years away.

Why wouldn't the board be here? As far as I'm concerned it should never disappear and if there's ever any danger of that I'm sure there are more than enough of us here who'd gladly step in to help keep it afloat.

Maybe, but doesn't it strike you as odd that we are so protective over our own little online community like that? Like, some of us may never move on with our lives.

I don't know, the prospect of a group of 40-something TSMers in a couple decades freaks me out. Particularly if I'm among them.

I don't think it's matter of moving on with your life. TSM is just an aspect of it. For me, checking the board online is as routine as checking the 24 hour news channel on my tv. I still have a job. I still have a girlfriend and friends that I hang around with outside of all of this. I guess it could be different for someone like me as the line of work that I'm in affords me to be online during the entire workday. I'm going to be 31 this year and my life is consistently moving forward... I guess that I like that TSM is something that stays pretty much constant throughout the years regardless of our ages.

As long as TSM remains, I'm sure I'll still be hanging around. I would hope that all of you would do the same.

VX, you say "moving on with our lives" as if TSM has some sort of stranglehold on it. Hopping on here is as routine as checking my emails or watching football on Sundays or watching Raw on Mondays...my life's not on hold because of it, so I don't see it as a big deal to continue to read and post here for however long the joint holds up.

Even if TSM does fold some day, there are a lot of you I would really want to re-connect with somewhere else on the intrawebz. Think about it, we've all been posting together off and on for as little as 3 to as many as 7 years. Sure, it's just internet friendships, but they're still friendships, right?

Guest Vitamin X

I didn't mean to imply that TSM has a stranglehold on our lives; but rather, it just seems odd to be posting on an internet messageboard for so long. Then again, I assume a lot of people will probably realize that once 10-year and 25-year anniversaries and such stay around. It just feels to me like a lot of this is really fleeting, or rather impermanent.

But hey, WAY to take this shit off-topic on my part. Damn. Go on with your Spidey discussions..

Off topic: I seem to remember Rantsylvania being around in 1999 or 2000. is this wrong? Was it 2001? I am basing this memory off of where I lived during those years, as I lived in three separate dwellings in those three years.

On topic: Do you think the rumored Sinister Six will show up in this movie, a later movie, or not at all?

Off topic: I seem to remember Rantsylvania being around in 1999 or 2000. is this wrong? Was it 2001? I am basing this memory off of where I lived during those years, as I lived in three separate dwellings in those three years.

I might be wrong on that one, Dandy...I can remember posting on whatever variation this board was at either in late 2000 or early 2001. I just threw 7 years out there, I honest to god can't quite remember.

It wasn't just your comment. People have been throwing the 2001 year around in these conversations. I know that my original name, Imarkout4chrisdaniels, was at Rantsylvania, and it was a long time before Daniels was on TV (January 2001). The name was almost Imarkout4algreen, as I just wanted a random nobody for the name. I had never even seen a Daniels match when I made that name. I had just seen pictures and heard of him.

On topic: Do you think the rumored Sinister Six will show up in this movie, a later movie, or not at all?

Not at all. Sandman left on good terms with no real reason for vengance against Spider-Man, and Doc Ock is dead. Plus, look how well three villians worked in Spider-Man 3.....

The Lizard SHOULD be the next main villain. The Vulture would be a fun mid-boss for Spider-Man. They could also use Rhino.

Supposedly, that was Raimi's intention had he retained creative control, but thanks to the studios, it won't happen now. And if its done without him involved, it will turn out really shitty. It'll be interesting which version of the 6 they go for. I would assume it'll be the original, but I can't imagine how Elektro and Mysterio would actually look on-screen.

I think one overpowering villain would be enough for me. The multiples killed the last movie for me, just too much going on there, and Venom was shittly done

I disagree- Veno was excellently done, but shittly used.

Venom looked okay, but everything about Eddie Brock was completely fucked off, from the retconning of his character to the insane casting of That 70s Kid as Venom for chrissakes. Anyway, the symbiote/Venom story is so complicated you couldn't possibly do justice to it in just one movie, especially with two other villains running around.

Kraven arriving in town hunting down the Lizard, while Spidey is trying to save Lizard from him would be all sorts of awesome.

Truthfully, that's the best idea I've heard.

The problem isn't that Spiderman doesn't have enough villains; there are dozens of 'em. The problem is he doesn't have enough really good villains which are complicated and menacing enough to serve as the Big Bad. Someone like Hobgoblin, Vulture, or Rhino might be okay for a henchman type, but they're just not deep enough to serve as the lead antagonist.

I don't think it's silly at all to focus more on Peter himself...the fun part of the character is how he balances his regular life with being Spider-Man.

I agree with that; I think I just worded my original statement poorly; What I meant what, I find it silly how often he's not wearing the mask (or a ripped up one) while in his costume or using his powers. I mean, isn't he supposed to have a secret identity? But yet every villain knows it before the movie ends.

That bugs me.

Also, I'd really love to see them bring back Doc Ock. Okay, yeah, he sank into a river, but they could BS some movie magic over that - like, shit, I dunno, the tentacles came back on line, realized the gravity of the situation, swam to safety with an unconscious Doc, got him on the shoreline and then...well, they could go from there. I'd like to see him brought back, anyway.

I'd like to see Norman come back. Maybe not as the Green Goblin right away, but they can do a story where he builds up his empire and is "recovered", all the while there's tension between him and Peter because they know each other's secret identities. Then maybe in the next movie or two he can become the goblin again.

I just like Willem Dafoe.

The Lizard SHOULD be the next main villain. The Vulture would be a fun mid-boss for Spider-Man. They could also use Rhino.

I still want a super hero movie with a James Bond style cold opening. Imagine Spider-Man 4 starting out with Spidey swinging into action as Rhino bursts through a wall. Give them ten minutes to fight (and hey, maybe actually let Spider-Man get some good quips in), then go from the main credit sequence into the real story. This just sounds so perfect tot me, I'll never understand why they don't do more of it. I mean, come on, Sony; you'd get to market an extra Rhino action figure and everything.

Kraven arriving in town hunting down the Lizard, while Spidey is trying to save Lizard from him would be all sorts of awesome.

Truthfully, that's the best idea I've heard.

If the whole story was Spiderman and the Lizard were to go against each other and Kraven coming in to assist Spidey. About halfway or two thirds in Spiderman realizes who The Lizard really is and goes after Kraven instead.

Although a Mysterio would be awesome villian cast.

The Lizard makes sense as we've already established a bond between Peter and Dr. Conners.

The Lizard makes sense as we've already established a bond between Peter and Dr. Conners.

I haven't watch the movie in a while, but in the movie, doesn't Dr. Conners have both of his arms?