TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Wall-E

I showed up a little late so the only preview I saw completely was for Bolt, which looked like it could have alot of potential.

Oh and did anyone have a preview for Beverly Hills Chihuhua? My mom has 4 Chihuhuas and I have 1. So you'd think I'd like anything involving them, not so much. It looks damn stupid.

That's the only time I've ever seen a trailer boo'd by the whole audience.

And Wall-E was amazing, might be the best movie I've seen this year.

Good thing my movie theater was mostly comprised of adults because, after the Chihuahua trailer, you could hear very loudly from various members of the audience: "What the fuck was that?"

I thought Wall-E was amazingly visually, lots of good slapstick but it was still ultimately forgettable. Thats not to say it's not a good movie cause it is but it's one of those films that as soon as I left, I forgot most of the film. No real memorable scenes, a score that does well to work with the film but not memorable and Wall-E is an incredibly cute character but not one that ever needs another film.

I'd recommend seeing it for the well blend of the CGI alone. Pixar right now are the GODS of well designed CGI. It looks so damn perfect. And yeah, Wall-E is a pretty good date flick. Touching but not sappy over the top.

The rabbit short was great though.

I loved it. This, to me was Pixars crowning achievement. Beautiful CGI in terms of space animation, great soundtrack and a ridiculously tender love story that kids will not appreciate until they're older. I can only hope that Wall E and EVE go down as one of the best couples of my lifetime. Film of the Year thus far for me.

My favorite part was when

EVE was bringing Wall-E back to life...all of the junk robots hiding behind the trash pile to watch them "kiss." It was really cute.

Great movie. Jeff Garlin was pretty good as the captain.

Wall-E's charger reminded of of Johnny 5 in Short Circuit 2. That's a good thing.

Really enjoyed the film (and oddly, I guess because the CGI is SO GOOD, the mixed in live action really worked). "Presto" was pretty funny too.

The "mice" in the junk room were a funny split second visual. I also took the same message that Mazto did.

Bolt looked pretty interesting.

This is my new Pixar Hierarchy...

Toy Story

Finding Nemo

Wall-E

Monster's Inc.

Toy Story 2

Ratatouille

The Incredibles

A Bug's Life

Cars.

I just saw this today, and it was the first time a blockbuster, critically acclaimed, movie ever lived up to the hype for me. I think the messages of not letting the Earth go to Hell and embracing personal and global responsibilities should be universal. The backlash by SOME on the right (Other conservatives love the message of taking personal responsibility) is retarded.

Yes, Disney releasing such a film is hypocritical, but I think they just let the writers go where they wanted to. I’m sure if I ever took a stroll around the toy aisle of Wal-Mart, I’d be horrified by the amount of plastic Wall E crap being pushed, but it’s not the writers fault.

The audience I saw it with was 90% 21 plus, mostly middle aged and elderly. I’m wondering how the kids are liking it?

This film worked on so many levels. Whether intentional or not, I saw influences ranging from Land of the Dead to 2001, just to name a couple. While not the in the Top 10 of all time, like it had been on IMDB recently, I hope this gets some Academy Awards.

I echo the Loved It sentiment. I would say the message was more relying on technology than consumerism. That maybe what we think helps us is really hurting us by making us less self-reliant - which is the inverse of WallE who ended up being totally self-reliant, though both ends were lonely and together found a middle ground. I loved it when the Captain, and the fat chick and dude ended up discovering the simpler things that they never noticed before. Great character work and it was a GORGEOUS movie. The score was also tops. I had a smile on my face for the vast majority of the flick.

Guest Smues

Just saw it and think it's really good to greatt. As to the 'message' it's a little annoying at points but overall didn't bug me. I DO believe that some of the praise this movie is getting is because of it's message and not for the quality of the movie, as I found it to be a very good film but not the all time classic the Critics are labeling it.

My ranking of Pixar movies I've seen:

Ratatouille

Finding Nemo

The Incredibles

Wall-E

Toy Story 2

Toy Story

Cars

A Bug's Life

Saw it last night and loved it. The visuals were stunning as usual for pixar. I thought the integration of live action into the movie was an interesting touch, but it worked beautifully.