TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (6/30/2008)

This was the best start to a RAW in a long, LONG time. From JR, to Edge heeling it up, to the Batista/Edge brawl, then of course to CM Punk winning the freaking World Title.

Wow.

I really thought Punk was going to blow it when the ref was dilly-dallying around w/ Lillian.

I thought so too. The IWC would have crashed the internet if that happened.

Your champs on RAW are Ted DiBiase Jr./Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston and C.M. Punk. Wow.

Well, the way he was selling the belt, anyone think he might go heel and do the whole "I'm better than you" gimmick? They could just play the "Overcome with emotion" card, but he sold it like he won an Iron Man Elimination Chamber match.

I do like the "WTF?" look on Batista's face when Punk's music hit.

As I've stated before, I'm not a fan of CM Punk, but good for WWE for at least trying something different and having a new face at the top of the "flagship" show. I can see Batista getting pissed about Punk "stealing" his title after all the work he did and that's where the turn comes from him.

I say he looses [sic] it at GAB.

Too bad I can't get Smackdown. I'd love to watch this weeks show.

Loses has one 'o'. Looses is basically saying loose, but with an 's'.

And holy shit holy shit holy shit

Only way I see Punk holding the title for more than a month is if he becomes the leader of Dibiase and Rhodes. It doesn't have to be a second generation stable, and Punk was mentioned as a possibility of being part of it. Otherwise he's not going to be accepted in the league of Cena and Batista, or HBK, Jericho for that matter. JBL will probably be Punk's first challenger if they want to give him some run, if it's Cena or Batista he'll drop it quickly.

So mad my other site is down durin all this powerful shit. But this is AMAZING. I just pray they don't do what they did with Jericho. Let this be the beginning of something new with RAW. Youth take over.

I kinda hope they let Punk hold the title long enough for a CM Punk/Rey Mysterio match for the title.

But maybe that's just me.

No, not the only one. Interesting clash of styles in that one.

I can't believe CM Punk is the World Heavyweight champion! :headbang: I haven't been this genuinely excited about RAW in years. They should have Punk run with the belt at least until Survivor Series.

Only way I see Punk holding the title for more than a month is if he becomes the leader of Dibiase and Rhodes. It doesn't have to be a second generation stable, and Punk was mentioned as a possibility of being part of it. Otherwise he's not going to be accepted in the league of Cena and Batista, or HBK, Jericho for that matter. JBL will probably be Punk's first challenger if they want to give him some run, if it's Cena or Batista he'll drop it quickly.

Yea, but if he does get into the ring/actually defeats those names, he'll easily be accepted with the likes of them. When JBL first became JBL, nobody saw him as a main eventer. And even though, some still don't want to see him as such, he's still believably competed in the ring with Batista, Cena, Undertaker, etc.