TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (6/30/2008)

Well, I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong and after saying yesterday Punk wasn't ready... well, I guess until his reign is other the jury is still out. But it was certainly a good start. I almost missed it figuring they weren't going to do it. Where they go from here will be interesting. With the two top heels on the show in other programs they're going to be taking another gamble early putting him against a top face.

I wouldn't call it one of the "best" Raws, but certainly a well-planned one with the new draftees and the big issues all being dealt with effectively. And they gave JR an actual Raw send-off without him being too humiliated in his hometown, which I thought was a welcome touch.

Jamie Noble was awesome, someone said it fell flat, but I liked it. As for the whole of Raw, its the first one in a while I haven't skimmed through to find an interesting segment. Watched it from start to finish, found it interesting and 'well built up' in a 2 hour kind of way. Only thing that concerns me is that people were chanting for Cena during CM Punk's match, before Cena came out, which showed little interest in backing up CM Punk. Also, when CM Punk went to finish the match everyone was watching Cena and Cryme Tyme attack the security.

I think that's because they wanted Cena to come out and even the odds so Punk didn't get screwed. The live reports said that Punk was over huge by the end of the night.

And Cena haters, it's tired. You cannot like him all you want, but don't say stuff that isn't true

Oh yeah, I understand that sorry. I wasn't trying to take anything away from CM Punk, I mean I'm looking forward to something 'new' on Raw for once. Just on initial viewing it looked like the crowd weren't very interested, but I think I've read into that wrong. Certainly one of the more enjoyable Raws in a long time!

Tell you what though, he gave a huge rub to Cryme Tyme, they suddenly seemed really important when they ran down with him to take out the security guards.

Cryme Tyme and Cena together is a very good idea. #1, your putting two entites in Cryme Tyme and John Cena that get the crowds attention by simply coming out. Cryme Tyme's pops as of late have been huge. #2, there are still some Cena haters out there, so pairing him with CT, who are pretty much unbooable, is a way to continue to try and stem the Cena hate, and I think it could work. #3, the rub Cryme Tyme will get by simply hanging out with the #1 man in the company will be great. Here's hoping this wasn't just a random thing that they'll forget about next week.

I can honestly say that I enjoyed Raw last night. It just felt really different. Probably because it didn't revolve around the same fucking people over and over again. Whatever the reason, it just felt different and I liked it. Overall a good show.

Nobody will care about a Dibiase/Rhodes vs Holly/Haas feud. Then again take Haas out from the equation and nobody gives a damn to begin with. I don't think there is really anybody you could pair with Holly that would make me give a damn. Looking at the Raw roster I guess Jamie Noble would make the most entertainment sense. They'd have a certain Head Cheese vibe to them. Developmental James "KC James" Curtis would fit well enough, but that team would lack any pizazz. I think both MDM and Dusty are going to have to get involved to spice up this feud some way some how.

Cryme Tyme and Cena together is a very good idea. #1, your putting two entites in Cryme Tyme and John Cena that get the crowds attention by simply coming out. Cryme Tyme's pops as of late have been huge. #2, there are still some Cena haters out there, so pairing him with CT, who are pretty much unbooable, is a way to continue to try and stem the Cena hate, and I think it could work. #3, the rub Cryme Tyme will get by simply hanging out with the #1 man in the company will be great. Here's hoping this wasn't just a random thing that they'll forget about next week.

I wonder if we could see some sort of three vs three match next week teaming Cena and Cryme Tyme vs JBL and two partners. I could see JBL teaming with Dibiase and Rhodes and it would set up a Cryme Tyme vs Rhodes/Dibiase feud. This would be casting aside Holly and making him look like a chump.

What about Dibiase using his money to have Holly moved to SD! This way Holly could keep his heat in that he'd never get his chance at revenge and fans wouldn't be bored to tears with a Holly and Partner vs Tag Champs feud.

Nobody will care about a Dibiase/Rhodes vs Holly/Haas feud. Then again take Haas out from the equation and nobody gives a damn to begin with. I don't think there is really anybody you could pair with Holly that would make me give a damn. Looking at the Raw roster I guess Jamie Noble would make the most entertainment sense. They'd have a certain Head Cheese vibe to them. Developmental James "KC James" Curtis would fit well enough, but that team would lack any pizazz. I think both MDM and Dusty are going to have to get involved to spice up this feud some way some how.

Now I'm sure I'm probably in the minority, but I haven't to say going into Night of Champions, the thing I was most interested in (or in the top 3 at least) was who Dibiase's partner would be/would Cody turn. It's not as if the tag team division has had any real storylines going on for the last few years, so this is something new, and actually interesting, and I think as it builds, people will care.

I kinda like the idea of Raw being without an authority figure for awhile. Just let it be complete anarchy for the next couple of months that would freshen up the show for sure. No stupid GM getting involved in everything.

How did the show run before the evil authority figure? I remember Jack Tunney being called in to settle big pressing issues once in a while via video and then Gorilla Monsoon but other than that was it just assumed there was an unseen authority running things behind the scenes?

Vince should go missing, taking a full year off, with the storyline being "Where's Vince?" One of the former writers has mentioned that Gewirtz(or whatever the hell his name is) has pushed for McMahon to take time off in the past and then reappear one show with full beard and such and play more of a Howard Hughes character. I think that would be perfect right now. Vince walks away and nobody hears from him, and the "board of directors" makes the off-screen decisions in his absence.

Well, it's tough to root for Bob Holly because he seems much more of a natural heel. The sort that enjoys beating up on the rookies. Another aspect that makes it tough to get Dibiase/Rhodes over is that Miz/Morrison are already doing a similar young scumbag heel act on ECW that is better. Neither team has real good competition, which is a result of years of burying the tag division.

Oh, and I've often found it funny when people say so and so "isn't ready." Virtually anyone with some amount of talent can be ready, it's just whether the promotion straps the rocket to him and pushes him.

Guys, there is only one man who should be Hardcore Holly's partner. DLo Brown. That's it. No Haas, no Noble, DLo. It makes the most sense, and he's ready for his return. Why would it be anyone else?

Guys, there is only one man who should be Hardcore Holly's partner. DLo Brown. That's it. No Haas, no Noble, DLo. It makes the most sense, and he's ready for his return. Why would it be anyone else?

I'm lost how having D-Lo Brown as Holly's partner makes ANY sense, actually. At least with Haas, you had a previous tandem with him and Holly, with D-Lo, there is no past connection to Holly in any fashion.

Bottom line is when/if D-Lo returns, he shouldn't be thrown in a fucking tag team, especially with a tweener like Holly. Just doesn't make sense.

I do like the idea of Noble and Holly, something along the lines of a "Southern Justice" rednecky tag team, though.

Trevor Murdoch wouldn't be a bad choice, but I believe he went to Smackdown.

One point I kept making in the chat last night about Rhodes and Dibiase...you can't expect them to be that over right now. It takes time for young guys to get over. People used to call the Rock a heatless wonder as well. Same with Randy Orton. You gotta give guys time.

Now I'm sure I'm probably in the minority, but I haven't to say going into Night of Champions, the thing I was most interested in (or in the top 3 at least) was who Dibiase's partner would be/would Cody turn. It's not as if the tag team division has had any real storylines going on for the last few years, so this is something new, and actually interesting, and I think as it builds, people will care.

The whole "Who was Dibiase's partner going to be?" wasn't much of a mystery since everyone was saying it was going to be Cody and it was.

Edge got Punk'd. As somebody else pointed out, its funny the two top guys on RAW were the two top guys on ECW.

Edge got Punk'd. As somebody else pointed out, its funny the two top guys on RAW were the two top guys on ECW.

Elijah Burke isn't on Raw!

and again Batista is a heel on Raw from the HBK/Flair/Batista storyline. Beating down Edge was a Smackdown thing. Cena/Batista will happen probably sooner than later. They can track back the story to when Cena won that draft pick match and the pick ended up being Batista.

I'm lost how having D-Lo Brown as Holly's partner makes ANY sense, actually. At least with Haas, you had a previous tandem with him and Holly, with D-Lo, there is no past connection to Holly in any fashion.

Bottom line is when/if D-Lo returns, he shouldn't be thrown in a fucking tag team, especially with a tweener like Holly. Just doesn't make sense.

I do like the idea of Noble and Holly, something along the lines of a "Southern Justice" rednecky tag team, though.

New Generation vs. Old Generation. D'Lo and Holly were both around and at about the same level in the Attitude Era..now these new guys are trying to take over so they get together to stop them. Very simple.

So, Hardcore Holly calls up somebody from that period he had no connection with to join him in the crusade against these guys. Why not go to someone already there? I'd rather D'Lo return on ECW as part of Teddy Long's Initiative Program. There's a natural feud for him right there already waiting.

Have Dusty show up to talk some sense into Cody, DiBiase and Cody give him a memorable beatdown. That should help with the heat.

One of the reasons I liked the show is because I was expecting the Vince mystery to take up a large portion.

So, Hardcore Holly calls up somebody from that period he had no connection with to join him in the crusade against these guys. Why not go to someone already there? I'd rather D'Lo return on ECW as part of Teddy Long's Initiative Program. There's a natural feud for him right there already waiting.

It's known that D'Lo has signed a contract with WWE (it was on the website). So it's not like Holly would have to call him up for help.

The more I think about it, the more I have to ask: why exactly was Edge on RAW again? He really had no business being there, and his reasons were pretty lame. It was a "deus ex machina" moment if ever there was one. I agree that the wedding would have been the perfect time to cash it in, b/c at least there would be acceptable reasons for Batista and Punk to show up.

RAW didn't have a world champion so Edge had to show up to rub it in. It could be argued that he forgot Batista and Punk were RAW Superstars when he got there.

Why would D'Lo team up with a man that hit him over the head with a glass of KOOL AID?!