TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

Fifa 2009

Fifa 09

5501242x.jpg

Release Date: September (Demo out 11th September)
Formats: PS3, xbox360, PS2, PSP, DS, PC, Wii

Features:

Improved Referees
- Referees and Assistant Referee's now appear during the game on the field and not just during cut scenes. They can get in the way of the ball and players.

10v10 Online
- This would be totally epic!

Personally I hope they just add a bit more pace to the game and make dribbling more fun.

I'm looking forward to 10 v. 10 online when suddenly the team has 9 players deciding to play up front as if they are strikers.

lmao yeah, that'll be funny, but if BOTH teams do it... YAY! Sounds really promising this year, and you know something must be wrong when you're looking forward to FIFA more then PES.

I am looking forward to the expanded Be a Pro mode.

Also, I love playing online when everyone plays their position and knows to pass the damned ball. When I play with people like that, we kick ass.

Can't wait for this! I'd also like a bit more pace to it and maybe some tweaks to defending. Definately up for an online game when it comes out. The Be a Pro mode could, if done well, be this game's best feature for me.

"Peter Moore, president of the EA Sports label, has told GamesIndustry.biz that he believes his company's games have been responsible for turning what was previously a largely invisible organisation into the globally-recognised brand it is today."

I was pretty good at FIFA '08 online, and getting better...until my 360 took a shit. No warranty on my 360, and I'm yet to get another one. But I'll have one before this game comes out, and I'll buy '09 on the release date.

I really liked playing as Lyon.

I was pretty good at FIFA '08 online, and getting better...until my 360 took a shit. No warranty on my 360, and I'm yet to get another one. But I'll have one before this game comes out, and I'll buy '09 on the release date.

I really liked playing as Lyon.

Ah nice, we'll have to hook up sometime and have a game.

Indeed! Wait until you see some of the other teams I play with...

I don't go Polish or Danish, but Helsingborg with Henrik Larsson? Yes! Besiktas, Gremio, and Boca Juniors are some other favorites people don't usually play as.

If I didn't absolutely suck at futbol games, I'd totally check this out from work and give it a go with you guys.. however, my abyssmal skill paired with my desire to not allow Man U to get trounced are keeping me from doing so. :(

Seriously its Fifa, all you do is pass score, or blaze it wide. Its not hard to pick up, the hardest part about it is deciding if you want to give up the £50 or not to buy it. Not sure how much it'll be over in the US.

I played my mate at PES 2008 the other day and tbh i still slightly prefer it to fifa. I just think it allows and rewards a better, more incisive passing game.

I played my mate at PES 2008 the other day and tbh i still slightly prefer it to fifa. I just think it allows and rewards a better, more incisive passing game.

Online play is wank though, and I think the passing is a bit too incisive and accurate at times. Its a good game, but each game has their flaws.

The worst is playing online with other people that will never pass the ball...ever...

There's also the guys who you face and they rub it in after they go up 3-0 after a few AI influenced goals.

Online play is wank though, and I think the passing is a bit too incisive and accurate at times. Its a good game, but each game has their flaws.

Yeah, the online shambles was unforgiveable really. Good fun in normal 2 player though. At least fifa is improving, pes 5 was better than the last two games! Still, i hope they'll get more things right this time.

I have played PES8 online a few times and the online play is so bad.. it was funny.

For example, I finally, FINALLY managed to get a shot on target, and before I knew it, about 3 seconds of lag, and they'd scored against me!

Demos have been on the Marketplace since Thursday, so if you haven't grabbed them do so! Be a good chance for you to see what the game is like Matt, if you were interested in getting it.

Also, EA have announced the online league system, similar to NHL09, will be in FIFA09, which means I can't wait for this game. Make yourself and a team and player other teams, awesome!

Hey, Matt, sorry for the delay, fella! Been moving house, everythings set up now, so I'll get on teaching you the game. Think Fifa is out in the US this week or next?

I'll find some youtube vids to help explain the sport, not sure if I should post them in here or in Sports, or maybe X-Post them.

I took Dag & Red and marched up to the Prem, and domination is taking place. This is a bit easy. The sponsor deals are awesome.

Meanwhile, one thing I miss from previous FIFA games is where when you upgrade your stadium to a ten, you get to watch the stadium build up around you. While I like the small stadium, it's hard to think that I make a million dollars for home game.

I got this game recently, and have a few questions:

1) Are there no World Cup or Champions League mode? I know its not a World Cup year, but I don't get why they don't have the tournament available for fun. Also, why no Champions League? That comes out every year.

2) Can you create a team? I can't find this anywhere.

3) For creating players, do they always have to initially suck? Is there a code or some way of making them great from the beginning? I wanted to create some classic players is all. Speaking of which...

4) Are there any classic teams? One of my favourite features of other sports games is picking legendary versions of teams. It would be sweet if I could get a 1986 version of the Argentina National team, or 2001-02 of Man United, etc.

Anyone know of good sites that explain the ins and outs? Maybe these are obvious for some, but I guess my fandom of North American sports causes me to expect certain things.