TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Up All Night with MarvinisaLunatic

Last couple of movies I rented through Blockbuster

National Treasure 2 - Not the biggest Nick Cage fan, but this series is going to end up being the Indiana Jones of the 21st century which is pretty crazy. NT2 was actually IMO slightly better than the first although the story was more hokey. 7.5 / 10

Teeth - quite possibly the wierdest movie I have ever watched in my life. I pretty much sat there stunned for the whole thing. It wasnt bad, it wasnt good..just wierd. 5/10

Dan in Real Life - I got more out of this then I had anticipated seeing as though I hate Steve Carrell. It was actually pretty good although the ending was traditional hollywood chick flick crap which knocks off 2 points. 6/10

Into the Wild - once I got over the striking similarity of the main character to Pacey from Dawson's Creek, this was easily the best movie Ive seen all year. I cant give it higher than a 9 though cause of the Pacey issue though. 9/10

The Savages - a "what the hell was I thinking renting this?" moment early on in the movie turned out to be a "I would have never rented this if I had to walk in the store and pick it off the shelf, but it was ok" reaction. The father Lenny was trying to be a lame version of the father from Little Miss Sunshine and it just didnt work. Seeing Laura Linney Naked with a balding 50 year old dude didnt help much either. But still the story was there and it made up for the other shortcomings 7/10

Bee Movie - too many Seinfeld jokes for the adults ultimately made me wonder if the movie was secretly targeted to adults at the last second since they knew it was going to bomb with kids. The animation was ok but not on par with anything Pixar has done in the last 4 years. 5/10

Enchanted - I like that Disney can poke fun of themselves..but the songs were bad and while the story was fine for a little girl it didnt really do anything for me. 3/10

Edited by MarvinisaLunatic

Just from the intro theme song, "Sonic Underground" looked like a horrid show. As a kid, I loved both of the original Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons -- even though I found it weird that they ran a serious version on ABC Saturday Morning yet simultaneously had a more-comedic variation on the WB weekday mornings -- but what the hell is the deal with "Sonic Underground"? They made a vow to find their mother? Christ.

And that video could have used the intros to "Pepper Ann" and "Recess" -- two more shows from my Saturday morning years.

Had to restart my laptop..blah

I just got some knock off chocolate chip cookies and they have a raw flour taste..no more knockoff chewy chips ahoy for me, I probably should make some from scratch.

theres nothing on tv..

Unspeakable is on MGMHD and its about the dumbest movie Ive seen in a while. The guy in jail looks like a wierd cross between Rick Vaughn and Uncle Jesse.

I was watching my Austin DVD set the other night and the first disc with 2 matches featuring Steamboat have me wondering if WWF will ever put out a Steamboat set.

Also, the one match that Ventura is edited out is fucking annoying. I was highly disapointed with the set..seriously do we need the X7 match with the Rock on this DVD? Im glad I only paid $10 for it. The Rock's DVD set isnt that much better either.

my 401K is down 15% this year so far :( which is basically all of the 50% company match I get.

On the bright side, I almost have enough reward points for a $50 gas gift card through my CC that I use to pay my Internet/Directv bills with (I get 5 points per dollar spent on Internet and TV, so it was a brilliant move to pay my bills with that reward CC)

hmm

in the past 12 months Ive spent $821 on gas. BOA has a nice online budgeting feature. Ive spent $2000 on directv and internet fees and equipment though lol

I cant imagine what would have happened if Vince McMahon Sr. would have got Andy Kaufman to do his thing in the WWF instead of saying no and forcing Andy to go to Memphis.

I wonder what WWF Star Andy would have wrestled given thie match with Lawler was early 1982.