Cardinals (Mark Mulder) at Phillies (J.A. Happ), 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN

SATURDAY

Rockies at Mets, 3:55/12:55 PM, FOX

Diamondbacks at Phillies, 3:55/12:55 PM, FOX

Twins at Tigers, 3:55/12:55 PM, FOX

SUNDAY

Orioles at Red Sox, 1:30 PM/10:30 AM, TBS

Rockies at Mets, 8:00/5:00 PM, ESPN

Given the impending dominance and resurgence of the Cubs and Brewers, respectively, I think it's a fine time to re-introduce the Mark Mulder drinking game. TLR is nothing if not a master of timing.

Big stretch for Cincy over these next 6 games with Chicago and Milwaukee. Even though it is a major uphill battle for them and the chances are beyond slim, they are only 7 games out of the Wild Card with 72 games to go. A good showing in these 6 games could leave them in a slightly better position heading into the break. Cincy is 3-3 against both teams so far this year.

Guest !!!
Why are the Mets/Rockies the Sunday Night game?

weird choice ESPN to close out the first half

Did we not just spend like twenty posts lamenting the overexposure of the Yankees and Red Sox? Now the Rockies finally get a national game and we question that. Uncanny.

What do you propose we call the AL All-Stars? The Red Yanks, the Yank Sox, or Douchebag United? My preference is Douchebag United. It has a European flair.

Where's this impending Cub dominance? I don't see it. They're regressing and will continue to do so. Their slated #3 pitcher just flunked out of the goddamn Rookie League, he's lost the strike zone that much. You're just jinxing them like I jinx the other teams by complimenting how goooooooood they look.

My favorite minor league pitcher, Chris Volstad, made his MLB debut yesterday and got the win in two innings of relief. He has the potential to be a very good MLB pitcher.

I want to be optimistic about the Marlins so badly but the run differential tells me to curb my enthusiasm.

Why are the Mets/Rockies the Sunday Night game?

weird choice ESPN to close out the first half

Did we not just spend like twenty posts lamenting the overexposure of the Yankees and Red Sox? Now the Rockies finally get a national game and we question that. Uncanny.

What do you propose we call the AL All-Stars? The Red Yanks, the Yank Sox, or Douchebag United? My preference is Douchebag United. It has a European flair.

Where's this impending Cub dominance? I don't see it. They're regressing and will continue to do so. Their slated #3 pitcher just flunked out of the goddamn Rookie League, he's lost the strike zone that much. You're just jinxing them like I jinx the other teams by complimenting how goooooooood they look.

I like how a Cubs fan is whining about the number of Yanks & Sawks on the AL All-Star team, while ignoring the fact that the Cubs are every bit as represented as Boston and have twice as many reps as NY.

Number of starters, position players: Boston 4 (including the DH spot), Chicago 3, NYY 2

Number of pitchers: Chicago 3, NY & Boston 1 each

Number of reserves: Boston 2, Chicago 1, NY none

Total # of All Stars: Boston 7, Chicago 7, NY 3 ... damn you, MLB, for forcing so many Red Sox & Yanks in the game while small-market & low-payroll teams like the Cubs go unnoticed.

Hey, al, I expect you to be stuffing the ballot box for Pat Burrell. I've been voting a bunch for him this afternoon. I play basketball tonight, so somebody needs to pick up the slack while I'm away from a computer.

I've lost patience for the Phils/Mets game, and the patriotic pandering Southwest commercial sealed the deal for me. Instead it's game two of the 1975 World Series via Netflix. Bill Lee FTW!

Is that Southwest commercial the one with the Asian girl and ends with her saying "let fweedom wing?"

Im tired of that one too.

Bingo. And to think they made the great commercial parodying the Wii.

Since we're getting our asses kicked, let me vent a bit. How does a guy with 6 blown saves get voted to an All-Star team? I am sure there's an adequate reason, maybe because he was good in the beginning, but fuck the Mets. This is all.

Great line today for Houston's starter Runelvys Hernandez. 4 IP, 99 pitches, 13 H, 4 BB, 10 ER. The 3 pitchers to make appearances through 4 innings managed to each pick up a hit and an RBI so far.

Flipped over to the Phils/Mets again in time to catch R.J. Swindle's debut appearance. Swindle did not make Baseball America's list of top 30 Phillies' prospects, and was not even listed with their unranked players on the Phils' prospect depth chart. Three months later, he's the LOOGY.

Guest Smues
Since we're getting our asses kicked, let me vent a bit. How does a guy with 6 blown saves get voted to an All-Star team? I am sure there's an adequate reason, maybe because he was good in the beginning, but fuck the Mets. This is all.

41 strikeouts in 35 innings with an ERA of 2.31 might have had something to do with it.

Guest Vitamin X

Milwaukee's not the fattest city in America. In fact, they're actually the 10th fittest, while Chicago is the 20th fattest.

The Mets are on the verge of blowing a 10-1 lead.

This would be the capper to the last season and a half of hell

They've got to let the tying run get to the plate before I'd say verge.