TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (7/7/2008)

Yeah, Kane turning heel was needed, but they still need a top-level heel to challenge for the belt, and that should have been Batista... unless they quickly do a heel turn that culminates with the build towards Summerslam and a rematch with Punk.

Man, Kane's really fucking concerned about Vince, eh?

Either that or he wants Kane vs. UT Part 4535345383424

or Paul Bearer's 348348th return

or CM Punk's heat

or Charlie Haas' WWE career

It would be a waste if they put Batista over Punk at the PPV. It makes Punk look bad for losing his first real title defense against the guy who helped him earn it in the first place.

It would be a waste if they put Batista over Punk at the PPV. It makes Punk look bad for losing his first real title defense against the guy who helped him earn it in the first place.

You don't do that. You have some screwy or messed up finish that plays up the fact Punk "got lucky" at Batista's expense... and then Batista snaps, tries to kill Punk, and thus building to the big money rematch at Summerslam.

Granted, it doesn't do a lot for Punk's credibility in the short term as he would have to really come out strong in the build to the Summerslam match.

techncally we never got an awswer about Paul's fate.

WWE tried to say he died but then the next night on Raw, JR said he was in a hospital recovering. That was the last we heard about it.

I think it's obvious Kane is talking about this man......

006DOA_Kevin_Nash_003.jpg

Oh please..

We all know he is going back to the Unabomb character and bringing back Al Snow as his evil sidekick to feud with newly signed WWE Superstar Ricky Morton

God knows Ricky needs some cash to support all those kids

Well, unless he spends it on blow first

I fully intended to watch Raw tonight and fucking forgot it was on. Anything good happen?

KANE is back.

Was he wearing the mask? I gave up on the show when the opening promo looked to be going half an hour.

They made a mistake in this booking tonight by having Batista win. Batista has had so many shots at belts to the point that if a champ can't retain against him on some 2nd rate PPV it makes the guy look bad. I figured Kane was out there for one of two reasons: 1. He was going to win the match and get his yearly lame duck title shot. 2. He was going to job.

I figured there would be some badmouthing of guys like Snitsky being on the show tonight but there is a method to it. Right now Raw has a world champ and IC champ that need solid wins to get over with the fans. This is basically like watching late 1992/early 1993 WWF with Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels as the champions. Tonight with Punk beating Snitsky soundly is the equivalent of Bret beating The Berserker on Prime Time Wrestling, or Kamala, or Papa Shango on SNME. Beat the monster heels with wrestling.

Same thing with Kofi. The guy just needs wins. They put him over Haas tonight clean in the center. If you want to get a guy over, that's what you do. Week after week, clean wins.

As far as Punk/Batista goes, I'm not sure what you do with it. I'd have gone with Kane instead and done his freak out at the PPV after the loss to Punk. Put JBL/Batista/Cena in a 3 way #1 contender match. But at the Bash? Punk needs some sort of win there, probably a Bret vs. Diesel type deal where Batista beats the hell out of him but Punk gets a small package.

Would be kind of nice if he used the mask for intimidation/ring entrance puirposes and then took it off when he actually wrestled...

Would be kind of nice if he used the mask for intimidation/ring entrance puirposes and then took it off when he actually wrestled...

He's totally teaming up with Al Snow now.

My first assumption was Kane was the one who set Vince up, not that he was concerned about his health.

After I thought about Vince, I started to think this is the start of the next chapter in the never ending war between Kane and his brother, Undertaker.

I'm almost certain at one point I heard "Vince McMahon" mentioned in the tussle, but that could have been a fan yelling. But with the Undertaker "banished", I also thought this might be some bizarre angle to bring him back. Let's see where this one goes...

Crazy Fan needs to interupt more backstage segments (even though I think it set's a bad precedent for real crazy fans).

My first assumption was Kane was the one who set Vince up, not that he was concerned about his health.

After I thought about Vince, I started to think this is the start of the next chapter in the never ending war between Kane and his brother, Undertaker.

So the Higher Power will make a return and demand Kane be sacrificed on a cross?

Yeah, my guess is that Kane was referring to Vince, "if he was dead or alive" since they are scripting it that its all a hush on Vince's condition. True, they killed off Paul Bearer, or did they? Either result would yield something more interesting than they've done with Kane for awhile. The only really awful idea is to have this lead to Taker coming back somehow. But a Kane heel turn like this and finally, some character development with the guy is good to see since I thought he'd totally get lost in the shuffle being brought back to Raw for no good reason. Of course, now we seem to know the reason why that happened, if they are going to do a sadist gimmick with him being the guy trying to take out Vince and more than likely others down the road. Hey, if they make him interesting again, which they got me hooked so far, I'm all for it. Cena is starting to get a little less basic and more entertaining as a character these days thanks to the pairing of Cryme Time, also.

That was an unexpected show tonight in all, and I liked it. Cena and Cryme Time were actually very entertaining and I'm sure we'll see "CTC" signs pop up next week. The main event was alright, not sure what to think of Batista going over......like someone else said, they should have just had Kane win (since there is ECW backstory there with the two) tease Kane going a lil crazy beforehand, and then have him go full tilt at the ppv after losing to Punk, then revealing he was trying to kill Vince off. Also, I dont know if this was storyline or not, but was that light falling down intentional or not during Punk's promo? That also could be tied into Kane too, I guess. The fan at the end of the show before Batista came out.....that was different, and it felt scripted. Makes no sense but hey, its unexpected.

My only real issue with the show was the promo to start the show went really REALLY long, it seemed. But most of it was ok, it just wouldn't seem to end. On the flip side, Jericho and Michaels are making a hell out of a story with this program with some memorable segments with the two lately. I liked the idea played upon strong during the whole show that the wrestlers are basically running the show, also. Made it a little less cliche than the norm for this company to write TV in this manner. Simple booking 101 also: book your new world champ and second tier champ on the show in glorified squashes. It actually worked for me, at least for this week.

I enjoy the feel of the show right now...even if the in ring action is kinda nothing memorable.

I will say that I HATED Jericho just getting punked out to his face and then they cut to commercial. That tells me that he's probably winning their match since they made him look like a pussy last night...but I hate that they made him look like a pussy.

I hope the ratings keep going up. HHH can suck on the fact that when he left ratings shot up.