TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (7/8/2008)

Mark Henry made the most of his first appearance as the new ECW Champion on ECW on Sci Fi, referring to himself as the “savior of ECW,” before being interrupted by a former ECW Champion – Tommy Dreamer. Alongside Colin Delaney, Dreamer challenged Henry for the gold, but the World’s Strongest Man had other ideas, defeating Delaney in a one-on-one match, preventing Dreamer from earning his opportunity.

What is next for Tommy Dreamer as he looks to regain the title he once held? Will Mark Henry’s hold on the gold be short-lived?

And what about WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz & John Morrison? At Night of Champions, the duo was able to defeat Finlay & Hornswoggle to retain their gold, but the Irishman and his son teamed with United States Champion Matt Hardy in a Six-Man Tag Team Match and defeated the champs and Chavo Guerrero. Will Miz & Morrison be able to keep the gold as Finlay & Hornswoggle continue to give chase? Will Chavo Guerrero’s sudden rivalry with Matt Hardy keep moving forward or will someone else in the Land of the Extreme step up and make a play at the gold?

ECW’s newest Superstar, Atlas Ortiz, defeated Armando Estrada in his debut match, hoping to make a splash on Tuesday nights. After the success of former ECW Superstar, and current Intercontinental Champion, Raw’s Kofi Kingston, can Atlas carve a name for himself in ECW? Will Estrada continue to fight for his ECW life as General Manager Theodore Long continues to throw obstacles in his way?

Find out the answers to all of these questions and more on the next ECW on Sci Fi, Tuesday at 10/9 CT.

ECW’s newest Superstar, Atlas Ortiz, defeated Armando Estrada in his debut match, hoping to make a splash on Tuesday nights. After the success of former ECW Superstar, and current Intercontinental Champion, Raw’s Kofi Kingston, can Atlas carve a name for himself in ECW?

I hope Atlas' future matches are kept shorter unlike last week.

That angle seemed like it was dropped in recent months since Adamle and Tazz weren't bringing it up, so not sure.

After the supplemental draft happened, Kelly was the only ECW diva left too, unless Lena still counts.

ECW and Raw possibly did a trade or something to get Kelly, or something. If that is the case (and if so, it would be a perfect way to introduce a new person via the Open Door Policy thing they are doing with Teddy Long right now) they might as well throw a guy like Val Venis or hell, even Paul London or something, over to ECW. Certainly wouldn't hurt, WTF else are those two guys, just as a few examples, going to do on Raw otherwise?

Although the way I took it last night was that her storyline ECW contract expired or something. Or that she never had one? Meaning, in that case, then we are to assume Miz DID literally own her, and not just an actual ECW contract....or what?!!

I could've sworn Kelly was drafted.

Maria and Layla were the only ones who moved from the draft.

I just realized something a moment ago when I was about to turn on ECW. Without Punk and Kingston, my enthusiasm to watch has diminished to almost nothingness. I just hope Burke, Benjamin and Hardy step it up, or else the show is pretty much dead in the water for me.

I just realized something a moment ago when I was about to turn on ECW. Without Punk and Kingston, my enthusiasm to watch has diminished to almost nothingness. I just hope Burke, Benjamin and Hardy step it up, or else the show is pretty much dead in the water for me.

Benjamin was drafted, though he can still wrestle on here due to talent exchange I think.

*Is a part of Smackdown

Although, if last week's Smackdown is any indication, the talent exchange is still in effect (Or maybe they just had Hardy on, because he has a SD belt) and we may, see some better superstars.

But I have to agree. Substituting Benjamin for Bourne. And I doubt we'll see Burke for a while. Was he even in the credits?

ha, you're right... well damn.

But ah well, it's a step up from Atlas Ortiz last week.

So, what exactly is that supposed to mean? That guy was awful, even his drop-kick was sloppy.

I like how ECW is the new OVW, heh.

That's probably the most astute summary of the current situation.

I hate that the change people's real names.

I mean...if they really think that a guy is going to make a big enough name for himself that they're gonna reap the benefit of owning it...you'd think they'd come up with better ones than Braden Walker or Marcus CorVon...or whatever they turned Monty Brown into.

I hate that the change people's real names.

I mean...if they really think that a guy is going to make a big enough name for himself that they're gonna reap the benefit of owning it...you'd think they'd come up with better ones than Braden Walker or Marcus CorVon...or whatever they turned Monty Brown into.

Well, they already have a prominent Chris on the roster, and Chris Harris does sound a bit bland.

Wow... you can hear a pin drop in there.

Hmmm, interesting to note, Tazz just said 'Ricky Ortiz last week'.

Unless he said rookie.

He said Ricky, and man... that crowd is pure death.

Also, I think I know why they are saying Ricky instead of Atlas.

Hmmm, interesting to note, Tazz just said 'Ricky Ortiz last week'.

Unless he said rookie.

He said Ricky, and man... that crowd is pure death.

Yea, Adamle just said the same thing. Wonder what warranted the change.

Ouch. Not a pretty crossbody. Looked like Estrada didn't want to take it, or wasn't paying attention or something.

Guess the Tony Atlas thing was spot on..

Estrada's loud vocalizing is about the only thing keeping this match going.

Man, unless the next guy to come in and beat Estrada is Colt Cabana, this New Superstar Initiative stuff needs to stop if all the matches are just going to be like these past two.