TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (7/8/2008)

There was never anything wrong with Henry's charisma or personality (except for his run on SmackDown after the split), he's just always sucked in the ring.

The ECW talent initiative reminds me of 2002. You know, Ruthless Aggression, Orton, Cena and their initial pushes, and how no one cared about them until they were allowed to develop personalities and moves outside of armdrags and dropkicks, but it helps that they were many times more talented than Ortiz.

A great swerve would be if Atlas helps Dreamer win the match.

There was never anything wrong with Henry's charisma or personality (except for his run on SmackDown after the split), he's just always sucked in the ring.

The ECW talent initiative reminds me of 2002. You know, Ruthless Aggression, Orton, Cena and their initial pushes, and how no one cared about them until they were allowed to develop personalities and moves outside of armdrags and dropkicks, but it helps that they were many times more talented than Ortiz.

To their credit, many people still hate them. :P

Not I, just an observation.

The ECW talent initiative reminds me of 2002. You know, Ruthless Aggression, Orton, Cena and their initial pushes, and how no one cared about them until they were pushed and pushed and pushed and pushed and pushed and crammed down our throats until we had to choose between accepting it or not watching.

Fixed.

Actually Cena got real good.

Orton I still don't buy in any way as above the midcard.

...Fuck. I wish that WWE wouldn't have just told me they're going to be in NC in a week. I'm ALREADY going to 3 wrestling shows in the next month.

..It's ok. I have to work both those days. That's my excuse for why I can't go. Damnit. I'm already spending too much on wrestling.

That was great. I hope Tony Atlas sticks around as a manager for Henry.

Sadly, this would be a case where the wrestler talks better then the manager...

Sadly, this would be a case where the wrestler talks better then the manager...

Kinda like when Mr. Fuji was managing people back in the day?

That was a bad show. Nothing else really to say.

Overall, yes. Except for Bourne's picture perfect Shooting Star Press, I completely agree.

There's your ECW Match for the Bash:

ECW Champion Mark Henry & Tony Atlas vs. Tommy Dreamer & Colin Delany.

And the title is on the line.

Atlas becomes the new ECW champion by pinning Delaney.

There's your ECW Match for the Bash:

ECW Champion Mark Henry & Tony Atlas vs. Tommy Dreamer & Colin Delany.

And the title is on the line.

Atlas becomes the new ECW champion by pinning Delaney.

Isn't that how Vince Russo put the strap on David Arquette back during the life-support addiction days of WCW?

Well then, its a wonderful idea!

And then Atlas puts the ECW title on 24/7 rules, and loses it backstage to Jim Duggan.

Who then throws it in the trash. With the WCW TV title.

Wow, this show was just.............weird.

I never would have called, of all people, Tony Atlas shows up on here and starts an angle and looks to be becoming a manager for Henry. I will say that much. I figured it was just going to actually lead to Atlas v. Henry at the Bash ppv, but looks like that won't be occuring. The pairing makes sense, though, and it makes Henry stand out way more than he would as just the normal Mark Henry, even with a belt. I gotta say I'm at least a little interested in seeing where they go with Atlas with Henry.

The rest of the show was pretty strange. Chris Harris' debut match may very well have been the most underwhelming deal I've seen in a long time, well actually Ortiz's debut last week would be competing for that, too. But could a gimmick be so basic and bland as this? Quite a ridiculous singlet on top of it. I don't get how Harris even got a job in the first place, he is way more out of shape than he used to be, and works sloppier than before as well.

Finlay and Miz was ok, Bourne squash was kind of just there.

Bourne is horrid in interviews/promos, but he really brings it in the ring. That is a picture perfect SSP.

What's with the recent developmentals having no promo ability? Hawkins/Ryder are brutal, Bourne is brutal, Ortiz is brutal, Braden is brutal.

Yup because one 15 second two line promo = That wrestler sucks balls at cutting promos!

Bourne is horrid in interviews/promos, but he really brings it in the ring. That is a picture perfect SSP.

What's with the recent developmentals having no promo ability? Hawkins/Ryder are brutal, Bourne is brutal, Ortiz is brutal, Braden is brutal.

Yup because one 15 second two line promo = That wrestler sucks balls at cutting promos!

Sydal/Bourne has always been bad at promos. You can give him all the time in the world and it'll still be horrible.

I don't remember Chris Harris being that bad in TNA. I don't now if it had anything to do with his opponent, but that match was not pleasant to watch at all.

For a brief moment last night, WWE.com had a graphic up of Atlas and Henry together. They quickly took it down early into the ECW program.

to be honest I really dont think Atlas Dabone or Chris Harris's fault, I dont think Armando is the best way to debut new guys

and I vote for Harris's name to be

Braden Walker (Texas Ranger)

I almost think that they paired Tazz with Adamle in order to make Tazz do play-by-play and get experience at playing both roles. I could see him becoming like Gorilla Monsoon version 2, only with more tattoos and less hair.