TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maztinho

Things that Amuse or Please You

I think I've been too negative as a person as of late, so I'm starting this thread to look at the sunnyside of life. Maybe ya'll'll join in too.

Sno Cones, these summer blessings rock. So simple, and yet I still have the compulsion of a five year old to want one everytime I walk past the Hawaiian Ice Booth that sits in basically a vacant parking lot near my home.

Little Babies, like freaking new born where they just look around at everything with this expression of "WTF?" all the time. Awesome.

Getting free out of code stuff from work. Oh hey, a couple of the juices went out of code. Rock on! Chug them down. The other day I got a party platter of chocolate cheesecake from the bakery that they were about to toss in the trash. I love getting free goodies, cause they are free.

Hopefully this works, since I've kinda been in a shitty mood as late, and I think that thinking positively does have some impact on mental health (to a point, I don't want some tangent about how your dogs best friends owners cousin has some mental disease... unless it turns into a heart warming story of some kind. I love me some heart warming stories)

Continue.

Guest Smues

When someone is flying down the road weaving in and out of traffic well over the speed limit, and you catch up to him 2 minutes later because he's been pulled over by the cops. I'll have some non-spiteful contributions to this thread later.

Biking. I'm still getting in shape and everything, but thankfully my legs are muscular enough to get me basically anywhere I need to go without much hassle. It's really nice exercise and I enjoy it quite a bit. Much more than most forms of exercise, though. Looks like I kinda found something I'm pretty good at.

Playing music. Love it. Anything music, really. Discussing it, listening to it, finding it, watching it, performing it, what have you.

Laying in the park. There's lots of positive energy there with the happy people, children, and dogs. Most other places people always look like they'll rip off anyone's head who dare try to talk to them.

Riffing on things with buddies. I guess hanging out with friends in general. Tying that, music, and my earlier photos comment together, I've noticed a growing trend of people thinking getting together to play Rock Band is a cause to snap photos and post them in an album on Facebook... and I'm guilty of this too, because it's fun stuff for all involved.

Would you be interested in being in a band with me? I have a singer and a bass player, and I believe you play guitar.

Sure. It looks like I've got another project coming up, but that's only like two days a week or something. What kinda music?

We're going to have to jam and find out. My bass player is in a couple hardcore bands, I am the singer, and I'm kinda like the Christian Bale of vocals. I punish my own body to get what I need out of it. Will talk to my bassist and get back to you.

If I had to guess... slow hardcore/ 70s inspire punk.

Okay, sounds good. I'm really into fuzz at this point now, so that should work nice. I just got a kickin' new amp as well.

Maybe he meant he likes to be complemented, as in he likes to be completed.

I saw a baby at the grocery store today, who was just so happy, it was infectious. She was "singing," bobbing up and down in the cart, and pointing at stuff her mom grabbed while laughing.

So cute.

I checked my daily flickr stats and yesterday had a HUGE spike in views (about 350% over the previous day) and some guy decided to "favourite" 22 photos. That pleased me.

As much as I despise examinations, I really do enjoy writing assignments for my various A-level subjects.

I enjoy insulting and degrading everything that those I am close to gain some form of pleasure from. I don't do it because I am insecure or anything though as many have speculated, I'm just a naturally pessimistic person.

There's not really much alcohol that I actually like the taste of - cider exempted - but I do enjoy drinking with other people.

Oh, and jogging. I could probably give Pbone a run for his money in the "muscular legs" department, and that's entirely a testament to how often I like to jog.

Hamburger helper. Not the ordinary store-bought kind, but my own custom blend, in which I add all kind of ghastly shit until it's a needlessly complex casserole, always with enough garlic to make sure nobody else eats it and more cheese than is technically allowed by federal law. Yummy.

A slightly related subject: even though I'm a lazy pudgy guy who eats pure garbage and never works out, on the rare occasions I do exercise I can still get down and crank out a couple hundred crunches with ease. No idea why my stomach muscles are so resiliant, the rest of my body is about as proportionately outta shape as you'd expect, but underneath all the fat my ab muscles always stay bizarrely fit.

finding an extra $300 in my bank account mysteriously deposited from somewhere. now i can put that security deposit on that apartment and i'll be one step closer to not living with these angry and uncommunicative people...

also, this amuses me...

i hate wrestling fans like this.

Really Taiga? Couldn't hit the shift just once there?

that someone would get so uptight over Me Not Using The Shift Key. it validates my being.

Guest Vitamin X

Biking. Despite the lack of weight exhibited by Amnesia and pbone, I too absolutely love this shit and probably could beat both their scrawny asses in the muscular legs department. Hell, I'm with a bike club up here in Portland (and membership is very loosely defined, really, but I've hung out around them and know enough of them personally to say I'm "with" Zoobomb) and one of the guys was "leg wrestling" people- he's a pedicab driver and with the hills here and carrying fat fucks on a trailer, it's no small feat, and I somehow beat him there.

Farmer's Markets. The one I go to is not too far from my house, and I've gotten to the point where I know most of the vendors, so I get hooked up on ridiculously good stuff. I've also really gotten into cooking since moving out here and learning to cook different things, so it's been quite a wonderful thing to me.