TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2008 Bored's College Football Pick 'Em Sign Up Thread

I was in this a few years back and would like to re-join.

If there are any openings, could I re-join as Fresno State?

You're in and we've filled the four open spots. Now I will still take new sign ups between now and August 10th as again I've never had 100% return on holdovers. There does appear to be at least one MIA poster and possibly as many as three.

You're in and we've filled the four open spots. Now I will still take new sign ups between now and August 10th as again I've never had 100% return on holdovers. There does appear to be at least one MIA poster and possibly as many as three.

Would me huge lack of College Football be a total of waste of time taking part? I'm not even sure which team I'd support - probably the one of good fans, that never wins shit but has some hard hitting bastards.

Would me huge lack of College Football be a total of waste of time taking part? I'm not even sure which team I'd support - probably the one of good fans, that never wins shit but has some hard hitting bastards.

I've found that participating in events like these has helped me expand my knowledge on certain sports. At best, you do well. At worst, you learn about the college game and by the end of the year you can tell why say, Michigan would beat Penn State or vice verse.

Hey it's up to you. There's always a few people in the contest who rarely watch college football and are pretty much guessing at who wins. Again since the open spots have been filled I can't guarantee you a spot. If you do want to be put on the waiting list, here's a list of Division I-A schools to choose from just don't pick one that has already been taken. Who you represent is pretty much meaningless. The only thing I ask when people sign up is to stick around the whole year no matter how poorly you're doing.

Well, put me down for waiting for Georgia Tech since I know someone in Georgia haha, of I'll take whatever teams free come the end of sign ups if they go. Suppose, like HaryleyQuinn said, its a good way to learn about College Football... I was going to say Dillion Panthers but they're not a real team lol

I know the four open spots are filled, but if a spot becomes open I would like to join in as Arizona State. Always wanted to participate.

What he said. Tennessee please.

Well, put me down for waiting for Georgia Tech since I know someone in Georgia haha, of I'll take whatever teams free come the end of sign ups if they go. Suppose, like HaryleyQuinn said, its a good way to learn about College Football... I was going to say Dillion Panthers but they're not a real team lol

Georgia Tech is reserved for a holdover so I'll put you down as Georgia.

And still fly and Canadian Brandon are added to the waiting list.

I'm in. Same team.

Put me on the waiting list. I'll be representing the University of Hawaii. Or, if Vampiro69 doesn't come back, I'd like Ball State.

Lack of knowledge about college football shouldn't hold anyone back from participating, I knew very little when i started in this 3 seasons ago and yet somehow i've ended up being better than everyone.

I've pm'd the seven remaining holdovers to see if they will be participating this year or not. As many as four them appear to be MIA from the board.

Guest Vitamin X

Oh, change the name of the bowl I won last year to the Don't Taze Me Bowl! It has to have the exclamation mark, too.

Despite pretty much not posting here at all for the last few months, I'll stay in the contest as Georgia Tech.

I'd like to return, I know I haven't been around so I missed out on seeing this return....

Down to four remaining holdovers and with four on the waiting list, I will not be taking anymore new sign ups. Not that I thought there would be anymore.

Just wanted to thank you Bored and also KKK if he reads this thread for making the fall/winter just fucking awesome running these games.

Just a couple of more days before sign ups are closed with still three holdovers unaccounted for but thankfully three people waiting to take their spots. I've received responses from all the bowl winners about name changes. CanadianChris and phoenixrising both elected to keep their bowl names while Cuban Linx decided not to tarnish the sacred legacy of the Bored Bowl by not adding a sponsor. For the rest of them here are the new bowl games.

Gamestop.com Early Reservation Bowl (UTBroward)

Don't Taze Me Bowl! (Vitamin X)

K-Mart Blue Light Special Bowl (Hawk 34)

Main Loon Restaurant China Bowl (JHawk)

I Used To Fuck Guys Like You In Prison Football Classic (Edwin MacPhisto)

Sugar Cereal Bowl presented by Count Chocula (AboveAverage484)

Conference alignments and the meaningless preseason Top 10 will be posted on Sunday.

When will the week 1 slate be posted? I'll be sailing somewhere off the Alaskan coast during that week, and my internet access will be extremely limited...if there's any way to get my picks in before the 24th, I'd appreciate it.

That's cool, I'll at least be in a hotel room with (presumably) a decent high-speed connection then.

This has the makings of my worst start ever, though. I don't think I've ever lost the first week of the season.

Sign ups are closed. Secret Agent, nogoodnick, and Nate are out. Obi Chris Kenobi, still fly, and Canadian Brandon are in.

Conference alignments and the preseason Top 10 will be up shortly.