TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

7/17 Impact

I'm actually interested to see where the Joe/Booker/Sting thing is going (and for the first time in months, I've avoided the spoilers), so figured I'd get the discussion going for Impact. Here's the preview:

PREVIEW FOR TONIGHT'S "iMPACT!" ON SPIKE TV: THE AFTERMATH OF THE VICTORY ROAD PAY-PER-VIEW

By Bill Banks

Tonight, TNA Wrestling returns to Spike at 9pm for two hours of Total Nonstop Action featuring the aftermath of Sunday's "Victory Road" Pay-Per-View event!

The below is what you can expect on the broadcast:

- Certainly, the big news coming out of Victory Road is the controversy involving the ending to the TNA World Heavyweight Championship main event! Booker T still has possession of the gold, although many wonder if he is indeed the rightful champion. Both Samoa Joe and Booker T are scheduled to be at "iMPACT!". The question is, will Sting be there to address his shocking actions on Sunday night? Will TNA Management Director Jim Cornette get involved? Tune in and find out!

- After Sunday's "Fan's Revenge Match", the team of "Cowboy" James Storm and Robert Roode are promising they will unleash hell on anyone who gets in their way this Thursday night! What do "Beer Money" have planned? Tune in and find out!

- Although he came up just short of leading Team TNA to victory in the World X Cup on Sunday, Kaz has a golden opportunity ahead of him on Thursday as he will challenge "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams for the X Division Championship!

- Plus, TNA monster Matt Morgan will battle Jimmy Rave of The Rock N' Rave Infection

- Also, appearances by TNA Tag Team Champions The Latin American Xchange, the superstars of the X Division, the lovely TNA Knockouts and many more of your favorite TNA superstars!

All this and much more this Thursday night starting at 9pm on Spike!

Discuss...

I haven't gotten to see TNA since 3 weeks ago due to being on vacation. I'm looking forward to tonight's show. And for the record, Sharmell's tits look FANTASTIC tonight.

I know they wanted to push Morgan, but I'm wondering if he's getter the push that was going to be Tomko's before he decided to make money and wrestle in Japan against TNA's orders?

And once again, at least they explained a wrestler's name change.

Hmm, that was the first segment in this Lethal/Dutt feud that I think worked the way they wanted it too. It wasn't great, but it wasn't dreadful like the rest of it.

The only thing I didn't like was that now Val can go in the back and watch the replay and see that Dutt was lying, but then again this is wrestling and logic goes out the window.

This show was pretty bad as the past few weeks were. I just noticed something, have you noticed that TNA has way too much stuff on their show involving women? I mean its almost scary. I did find Sonjay Dutt taking a play out of the Eddie Guererro playbook funny though. That was hilarious.

I watched this show (at least parts of it), for the first time in quite a while. A few random thoughts:

- Women's wrestling in the US is generally not very good, at least on the major TV shows, and the women's battle royale was no exception. They didn't even give time to show if Angelina was happy that her partner won before jumping to the next segment.

- Team 3-D is beyond stale, just like they were towards the end of their WWE run. Come to think of it, it would be nice if they left TNA soon and went to WWE to feud with the new younger teams.

- Is it just me, or does Consequences Creed seem like he has the potential to be a major star in the pro wrestling business? I guess I really like his look and gimmick.

- The spot with Dutt and Jay Lethal was well done. My wife, who doesn't follow wrestling all that much said "That was the best thing I've seen in a long time."

TNA has a lot of potential...but I'm still not hooked on them. Nothing about this show made me feel like I had to watch again next week. Sorry, but a gimmicky six man tag match with a hokey Sting storyline you can smell coming a mile away is not going to do it for me.

I agree, Invader, about the feud with 3D/Angle and Styles/Christian/Rhino. It's not a great feud, and Sting being added doesn't do anything for me.

It's too bad you didn't get to see the best of the Knockout Division, as Gauntlets/Battle Royales really are the best to show off skills. It's usually a cluster-fuck.

Darknight, it seems like you are just coming in here to bash TNA, as this wasn't as bad a show as you are making it out to be. Was it the best show? No, but it was far from the worst. It did it's job to advance storylines. It even got people interested in a "new"/different wrestler in Creed. Invader I agre, he can be something special.

Right now, the main event scene isn't that bad as Joe/Booker has some interest to it. The tag team scene is better than WWE with LAX, Beer Money, Inc., the Machineguns, Rock and Rave mixing it up. The X-divsion is interesting, as I am looking forward to seeing where this Kaz story is going, and for the first week ever, Dutt vs Lethal was interesting as well.

I know it's not going to draw huge numbers, and some people find them as minor leagues, but I, for one, am interested to see where many of the stories go from here.