TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Great American Bash 2008

I really hope that Shelton wins the US title today, so not only that the US title goes back to Smackdown, but Matt Hardy moves onto a main event feud for the ECW title with Mark Henry.

Edge vs. HHH for the WWE Championship

HHH wins. At this point, I don't see anyone on SD taking the title off HHH for a while. I hate to beat a dead horse and go off topic, but I have a question. Cena is on RAW, HHH is on SD with Cena's bling belt. I know WWE sells a ton of them, but theres really no point in having the bling belt on a show where Cena really has no shot of winning it (save another Rumble win or MitB). I believe I read a while back in the Observer that both Orton and HHH requested to be able to use the belt that was used as the WWE Undisputed Belt, but Vince refused.

Batista vs. CM Punk for the World Heavyweight Championship

I'll throw this one out there: Punk wins after interference from Kane. I like Batista as much as the next guy, but he's the biggest lame duck title challenger in the company next to Kane. Someone has to have a stat of just how many title matches he has LOST compared to how many he has won.

Tommy Dreamer vs. Mark Henry for the ECW Championship

Would LOVE to see Dreamer get one last run, even if it ends Tuesday. It would be my biggest markout since Punk beat Edge, but he has less than a 0% chance of winning.

Finlay & Hornswoggle vs. Jesse & Festus vs. Hawkins & Ryder vs. Miz & Morrison for the WWE Tag Team Championships

Miz and Morrison continue their nearly year-long title run.

John Cena vs. JBL in a NYC Parking Lot Brawl

Cena overcomes the odds. Like Dreamer, JBL has a less than 0% chance of victory.

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho

Should be a classic. Would prefer Jericho to get the win. At this point, HBK has nothing to gain from a win.

Shelton Benjamin vs. Matt Hardy for the US Championship

Shelton wins to get the US belt back onto SD. Matt Hardy goes on to feud with Mark Henry and become the first Hardy to win a World title.

Michelle McCool vs. Natalya for the Divas Championships

Tough call. McCool has become one the most unbeatable Diva since Candice Michelle, but I see Natalya winning and McCool chasing until Summerslam.

Hawkins and Ryder with the win. Nice opener.

I swear JR was calling both members Hawkins when either was in the ring.

Hawkins and Ryder needed the titles the most, the other three ware over to varying degrees.

Hawkins and Ryder with the win. Nice opener.

I swear JR was calling both members Hawkins when either was in the ring.

Hawkins and Ryder needed the titles the most, the other three ware over to varying degrees.

I thought since Miz and Morrison have had such a good run so far, there was no reason to have them lose the belts already and so out of the blue like that, even if they didn't get pinned to lose them. When they lost, it should have meant more than how they did it....honestly, they should have just done Hardys v. Miz/Morrison on the ppv (or even at SummerSlam) and gave the Hardys the belts, and then the Hardys could have eventually feuded with Hawkins and Ryder, who they would possibly put over, but not until the time was right. At this point, the time wasn't right here for the title switch to one of the most underwhelming tag teams I've seen in WWE in years (and that's saying alot). I just don't see how it's going to help Hawkins and Ryder, they have nothing to bring to the table, even with the Edge connection. I don't see them with the belts as magically changing that. But it's WWE's way to just transfer the belts to heel tag teams without each team looking bad in the process, I guess.

Bah gawd the power, Shelton catches a second rope hurancanrana attempt and delivers a turnbuckle powerbomb.

Shelton hits Paydirt & the Gold Standard leaves the Bash with the title that has the least gold on it. Hardy's the first US champion to lose the US title at the Bash.

Henry has the ECW title, Shelton wins US gold, Kofi has the IC title. Is there a black guy besides Burke who doesn't have a title?

Marvin won't be happy about these developments.

Henry has the ECW title, Shelton wins US gold, Kofi has the IC title. Is there a black guy besides Burke who doesn't have a title?

Cena.