TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Great American Bash 2008

I sure didn't see that coming. I was pretty sure Cena would win that one.

This has to be one of the worst booked PPV's this year. Two bullshit finishes and most of the heels going over? If I was seeing it live (the show's in my hometown) I would start a riot.

It's weird to see Jericho pummel HBK to the point where the match is stopped, and then see Indiana Jericho in the SummerSlam ad.

And Ross just called Cena/JBL a "two-man WarGames". Bah gawd he mentioned That Which Shall Not Be Named!

This has to be one of the worst booked PPV's this year. Two bullshit finishes and most of the heels going over? If I was seeing it live (the show's in my hometown) I would start a riot.

No, you wouldn't.

Finishes may have been shit, but the ring work has been pretty good. HBK/Jericho was really solid, Punk/Batista was pretty good until the finish, Hardy/Benjamin and the four-way tag were good matches. The divas match was harmless at worst, the only shit match was the Parking Lot Brawl because of it's over-the-top spots.

Shit, if I was getting married on WWE television I would make sure HHH was thrown out of the arena.

He's always got some sort of video to ruin the festivities. At best he'll have caught me cheating, and at worst he would have married my soon-to-be bride at a drive-in chapel the night before.

I think the poll shows how over Vickie is as a heel.

No shit. I wonder if the writers saw that shit coming. Vickie is the biggest heel in the entire company.

I didn't think that "match" was that bad, if you ask me (granted you have to put something like this in a different category as just a standard pro wrestling match as it seemed more like a movie scene), although I wonder if they pre-taped the majority of that match in the back, seemed a little hokey and bordering a B-movie feel again, much like the angle was from last Monday. Basically felt like these two were making a tryout tape to be a stuntman or something. I did like the finish though, and Bradshaw sold like a champ afterwards, damn near looking like he was going to cry. Although some of that may have been legit, the guy's back is a mess and taking a hard back bump on the stage like that sure probably didn't help. I don't really want to see another match between these two, though, so JBL going over kind of confused me. This should have been the blowoff to that program, considering all of the off the wall shit they were doing.

The only thing I didn't get was the zero commentary during the parking lot brawl, but considering all the crazy shit they did there, I think it was a better thing to leave them off the mics. Like I said, it felt more like we were watching a scene from a movie, even with what sounded to me like added sound effects a bit at times, so it made sense to keep them off commentary.

Didn't HHH and Edge face off before for the world title? On one of their overseas Raws, and Batista cost Edge the match?

Edit: this is in response to Foley saying this is the first time HHH and Edge have gone 1 on 1 for a world title.

Man, those stun-gun attacks on the ropes are gonna tighten up his trapezoid again.

HHH is having trouble catching his breath because Edge is pressing his thighs against HHH's ribcage?

Foley sounds like he's read one too many slash stories.

There's been subtle influences of MMA all over this show, especially in this match and McCool's finishing submission.

For whatever reason, HHH/Edge is just not really anything special here so far.

I usually think Edge's spears look pretty weak, but damn, Vickie took it like a champ.

Henry has the ECW title, Shelton wins US gold, Kofi has the IC title. Is there a black guy besides Burke who doesn't have a title?

MVP, Big Daddy V, Cryme Time